It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:49

Text Size

Work In Progress: Card and Deck viewer

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Work In Progress: Card and Deck viewer

Postby jmp » 15 Dec 2010, 16:43

I think I have it traced down to a dependency issue, it runs fine on my test windows 7 however, it also has visual studio installed, so I am building a fresh windows 7 to see if I can get it to give me more info (it just doesnt run at all in xp)

Stay tuned...

Found the issue, it was the way I was compiling the code will be uploading a new version shortly...
jmp

Postby regen1 » 15 Dec 2010, 20:30

Great news. Looking forward to the release.
regen1

Postby jmp » 15 Dec 2010, 20:58

Updated:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3259909/MTGEditor-Beta2-12152010-1415.rar

SSCERuntime-ENU is included in the rar file.

XP and Vista(not yet tested)
.NET 3.5SP1
SSCERuntime-ENU-x86.msi
if you have 64 also install SSCERuntime-ENU-x64.msi (yes you have to start with x86)

Windows 7
SSCERuntime-ENU-x86.msi
if you have 64 also install SSCERuntime-ENU-x64.msi (yes you have to start with x86)

Tested:
Windows 7 64 ultimate fresh install (with the SSCERuntimes installed)
Windows 7 86 ultimate fresh install (with the SSCERuntimes installed)
XP 86 with .Net 3.5SP1 & SSCERuntimes installed

1. Exceptions should be better
2. Location/size of window "should" be saving
3. Location now should work out of the box

Run MTG.exe hopefully no errors :)
jmp

Postby regen1 » 15 Dec 2010, 21:10

Nice! Seems to be in working order, however, is the deck editor tab supposed to be blank?
regen1

Postby IceManOnline » 15 Dec 2010, 22:00

Nope, is not.

Without it's not working.

-Edit-
With it, I don't get the Rule-Texts. I have the flavour, but no other text.

-Edit2-
You are missing cards, where there is more than one card in the xyz_card.xml. For example the wcd1997.xml and wcd1998.xml files.
IceManOnline

Postby jmp » 15 Dec 2010, 22:34

IceManOnline wrote:
Nope, is not.

Without it's not working.

-Edit-
With it, I don't get the Rule-Texts. I have the flavour, but no other text.

-Edit2-
You are missing cards, where there is more than one card in the xyz_card.xml. For example the wcd1997.xml and wcd1998.xml files.
1. SSCFile: Updated the rar file
2. Rules: Updated with filled DB (should be 8MB)
3. I will look into it.
jmp

Postby jmp » 15 Dec 2010, 22:36

regen1 wrote:Nice! Seems to be in working order, however, is the deck editor tab supposed to be blank?
Close and start it again, it should be there. It doesn't scan the decks without the card data.
jmp

Postby jmp » 16 Dec 2010, 00:48

IceManOnline wrote:You are missing cards, where there is more than one card in the xyz_card.xml. For example the wcd1997.xml and wcd1998.xml files.
Can you be more specific on the file, I didnt find anything called wcd1997.xml in the original or the expansions. I may have not extracted it.
jmp

Postby regen1 » 16 Dec 2010, 02:33

All the other tabs besides the Card Data one are hidden now (e.g. Image Tools, DB Tools, etc.), and also the customize option in the right click menu for the title bar crashes the program now.
regen1

Postby jmp » 16 Dec 2010, 03:13

regen1 wrote:All the other tabs besides the Card Data one are hidden now (e.g. Image Tools, DB Tools, etc.), and also the customize option in the right click menu for the title bar crashes the program now.
most of those were empty or would cause it to crash (they were development/testing tabs)

I got it to crash as well, missing another component :P Added to the last download (two dlls) for some odd reason the titlebar edit doesn't like the embedded dlls :(
jmp

Postby regen1 » 16 Dec 2010, 04:45

Ah I see, was trying to figure out how those other tabs worked :) Customize doesn't crash the program anymore.

As for some more possible bugs:

--There are multiple instances of "open" and I'm unsure what all those options actually do (like Split)... do I just need to add "Save" and "Save as..." to save cards and decks? Also, it took me a little bit to figure out how to get the File options to show, should this be shown by default in the interest of intuitiveness?

--None of the file options seem to do anything at this point, maybe this hasn't been implemented yet?

--The first time the program is launched and the path is chosen, hitting "rescan" crashes the program. I have to select the path, close the program, start it up again, then rescan for it to work. Then I need to close the program again and start it up in order for the decks to load.

--Also, is it supposed to load AI/challenge decks yet? Those tabs are blank for now.

--The About page doesn't do anything for now either :)
regen1

Postby IceManOnline » 16 Dec 2010, 08:11

jmp wrote:
IceManOnline wrote:You are missing cards, where there is more than one card in the xyz_card.xml. For example the wcd1997.xml and wcd1998.xml files.
Can you be more specific on the file, I didnt find anything called wcd1997.xml in the original or the expansions. I may have not extracted it.
It's not in the originals. It's the "Cali Nightmare" files from the DLC.
IceManOnline

Postby jmp » 16 Dec 2010, 10:06

regen1 wrote:Ah I see, was trying to figure out how those other tabs worked :) Customize doesn't crash the program anymore.

As for some more possible bugs:

--There are multiple instances of "open" and I'm unsure what all those options actually do (like Split)... do I just need to add "Save" and "Save as..." to save cards and decks? Also, it took me a little bit to figure out how to get the File options to show, should this be shown by default in the interest of intuitiveness?

--None of the file options seem to do anything at this point, maybe this hasn't been implemented yet?
Most of the menu options are just place holders, and eventually with be context sensitive (if you are editing a deck the save will save it) I wasn't too concerned with those, rather I concentrated on the card list and card generation, next will be to wrap up the deck editors and then really give the UI a good cleaning :)

regen1 wrote:--The first time the program is launched and the path is chosen, hitting "rescan" crashes the program. I have to select the path, close the program, start it up again, then rescan for it to work. Then I need to close the program again and start it up in order for the decks to load.
I will check it.

regen1 wrote:--Also, is it supposed to load AI/challenge decks yet? Those tabs are blank for now.
Not yet, I am still parsing the names of the decks which are not stored in the deck data, but in the crazy xml/excel data sheets (one table in the db is dedicated to storing those for quick retrieval)

regen1 wrote:--The About page doesn't do anything for now either :)
Like I said before, it is a very EARLY beta, more alpha.. alot of the finer UI elements are missing. What do you think of the card viewer/list/sorting and the text editors?
jmp

Postby jmp » 16 Dec 2010, 10:11

IceManOnline wrote:
jmp wrote:
It's not in the originals. It's the "Cali Nightmare" files from the DLC.
I cant find this file/card in the official DLC (original through exp 3) is this an un-offical pack? Can you tell me which DLC is in?
jmp

Postby IceManOnline » 16 Dec 2010, 11:32

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2946

There it is.
It's in the "cards" folder (in DLC1111), after you downloaded it.
IceManOnline

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities