It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:55

Text Size

DOTP 2012 Card XML Generator

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP 2012 Card XML Generator

Postby Vavali » 07 Jul 2011, 05:21

I'd too like a guide on how to use this. I don't exactly know what's needed to put in custom cards into decks in DotP2012, especially the offline copy of the game.
Vavali

Postby kevlahnota » 14 Jul 2011, 07:35

I've uploaded a new version that works on x64 CPU.
Hope it works now.

IceManOnline wrote:Do I need anything else?
I get and "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" on start. App works (search not, same error) but in my case not working as intended ^^
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby MisterBenn » 26 Aug 2011, 00:18

Firstly, did this tool exist for the original DOTP? I made myself 3 bloody decks by hand!!!

This tool looks amazing. I am running Windows 7 x64 and I downloaded the "FIXED.rar" version of the XML tool today - and I do experience the same OLEDB issue above. I have Office 2010 installed and after Googling around I also tried installing the 2007 Access Database Engine but it has not helped. The enticing Card Loader part of the tool is not accessible although just the tag generation is a godsend. I would appreciate some pointers if someone's had more success than me with an equivalent setup.

For what it's worth I will probably offer up a deck or two, I loved building for the previous DOTP and while my decks were pretty amatuerish (DOTP 2010 and 2012 are my only exposure to MTG) I had a lot of fun with them and learned a lot since then.

Is there an intended deck strength to aim for? I recall the Custom DLC decks for the 2010 version were much stronger than the vanilla decks. What I am cooking up at the moment is probably set to match the vanilla 2012 decks: I am building with no moxes, a max of one nonbasic land type and only cards tagged as legal in the "Modern" format on the MagicCards.info database...
MisterBenn

Postby MisterBenn » 05 Sep 2011, 02:38

FYI I never got the XML builder running on my 64 bit machine but my laptop is 32 so I was able to sidestep the issue.

Have you noticed that DOTP 2012 sometimes displays the card text incorrectly when it is both italicised and shrunk a reasonable amount to fit? A card such as Mistbind Clique has enough text to trigger it: the rightmost of the italicised text is lost as it wraps to the next line, sometimes enough for a word to two to be missing. Seems to be an issue with the game as the XML data is produced correctly.
MisterBenn

Postby MisterBenn » 10 Oct 2011, 01:09

Regarding the "italicised text gets cut off" issue from the previous post, curiously it only affects text against card abilities that has been italicised with the "|" characters. The flavour text is also italicised by the game and does not suffer the same issue. It's definitely an ingame issue though, not this tool. All the time I am appreciating more what a timesaver it is!

Incidentally, where does the database file that drives this tool come from? Is a version out there that's been updated with most modern cards? I notice the 2012s like Azure Mage are not there...
MisterBenn

Previous

Return to Utilities