It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:11

Text Size

DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Postby jstauffer » 27 Jun 2012, 03:12

sadlyblue: no, deck editor revised does not work w/ dotp 2012 yet ... and pcastellazzi is right that b/c of the directory layout alot of things would have to be changed. That said, I will either release a separate application for 2013 or ( more likely ) have an option in the current application to switch between the two.

In 2013 each deck is it's own wad ( or what would be considered "content" in deck editor revised ). Unless anyone can bring up any good points I don't really like this structure. That means cards will have to be repeated across wads, and from what I can tell other resources, like sfx and sounds?
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby alexandreonly » 27 Jun 2012, 03:56

jstauffer wrote:sadlyblue: no, deck editor revised does not work w/ dotp 2012 yet ... and pcastellazzi is right that b/c of the directory layout alot of things would have to be changed. That said, I will either release a separate application for 2013 or ( more likely ) have an option in the current application to switch between the two.

In 2013 each deck is it's own wad ( or what would be considered "content" in deck editor revised ). Unless anyone can bring up any good points I don't really like this structure. That means cards will have to be repeated across wads, and from what I can tell other resources, like sfx and sounds?
Good, i'll wait for the 2013 support on Deck Editor, since things are a lot faster using the program, and with less errors. There is a estimated release date?
alexandreonly

Postby thefiremind » 27 Jun 2012, 08:31

jstauffer wrote:That means cards will have to be repeated across wads, and from what I can tell other resources, like sfx and sounds?
The developers did it but it's not necessary: the WADs "see each other" exactly as in DotP2012. I'm currently putting all the cards I make in a single WAD and then I make a WAD for each deck that only contains the deck list, the unlocks and the preview card illustration.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Aiodren » 27 Jun 2012, 08:56

thefiremind wrote:The developers did it but it's not necessary: the WADs "see each other" exactly as in DotP2012. I'm currently putting all the cards I make in a single WAD and then I make a WAD for each deck that only contains the deck list, the unlocks and the preview card illustration.
Where did you find the preview card illustrations? I wanted to make some for my decks but don't know where to put them, so the game reads them.
Aiodren

Postby thefiremind » 27 Jun 2012, 09:17

Aiodren wrote:Where did you find the preview card illustrations? I wanted to make some for my decks but don't know where to put them, so the game reads them.
They need to be in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\DECKS. In the deck XML you write a reference name (for example it's "mastermind" for Nicol Bolas), then in that directory you make a TDX file for each language, called [two-character language code]_[reference name].TDX (for example, "EN_MASTERMIND.TDX", "IT_MASTERMIND.TDX", etc. for Nicol Bolas). Of course you can just replicate the English TDX file for the languages you are not interested in.
About making a new preview card illustration, I'd suggest to screenshot a zoomed card, then crop the inner frame (without the black border) and paste it onto an existing preview card TDX, resizing as needed.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby sadlyblue » 27 Jun 2012, 09:20

thefiremind wrote:
jstauffer wrote:That means cards will have to be repeated across wads, and from what I can tell other resources, like sfx and sounds?
The developers did it but it's not necessary: the WADs "see each other" exactly as in DotP2012. I'm currently putting all the cards I make in a single WAD and then I make a WAD for each deck that only contains the deck list, the unlocks and the preview card illustration.
I think that a nice approach, and makes it easy to delete a deck if it's crashing the game.

Btw, you all want a repository for all the cards? I didn't quite got tortoise setup up. But was trying a TeamDrive, which is not that bad. The only problem is that it doesn't have a wiki. We can create a readme (and we can have multiple folders,...). It has 2gb space, a lot for new cards, pics, decks. Anyone interested, pm with email and i'll invite (think its the only way to get it working).
sadlyblue

Postby jstauffer » 27 Jun 2012, 12:32

sadlyblue: no, deck editor revised does not work w/ dotp 2012 yet ... and pcastellazzi is right that b/c of the directory layout alot of things would have to be changed. That said, I will either release a separate application for 2013 or ( more likely ) have an option in the current application to switch between the two.
I meant "no, deck editor revised does not work w/ dotp 2013 yet ..." but it seems this was understood ... sorry

Thanks firemind ... I suspected as much but hadn't had a chance to look into it ...

Good, i'll wait for the 2013 support on Deck Editor, since things are a lot faster using the program, and with less errors. There is a estimated release date?
As of rght now I can't say exactly ... I'll be out of town for the next several weeks and unable to work on it ... so hopefully shortly after that ...

Btw, you all want a repository for all the cards? I didn't quite got tortoise setup up. But was trying a TeamDrive, which is not that bad. The only problem is that it doesn't have a wiki. We can create a readme (and we can have multiple folders,...). It has 2gb space, a lot for new cards, pics, decks. Anyone interested, pm with email and i'll invite (think its the only way to get it working).
If you have a server, or even a spare windows box, visual svn + tortoise is a very good setup. I've used it for multiple website deployments. If you need help setting things up send me an email but it's not that difficult. I could see about using advancedqa, where deck editor revised is hosted, for this if you'd like. Visual svn + tortoise is actually already setup there so I'd just need to add a new repo and user to access. If this is something people would actually use I'd be happy to see about doing it ...
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 27 Jun 2012, 20:03

An update has been posted ( sorry not for 2013 support yet ) ...

• Fixed issues w/ card image not displaying correctly in New/Edit Card and View Card window ...

Now to figure out why the game keeps crashing on me after I select skill level ... anyone have the hacked .exe ( and required files ) that they can send to me that is working?
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 27 Jun 2012, 23:27

Ok, it seems the issue is confined to my mac running the game in Parallels ( Win7 Pro 64-bit ). I'm able to run 2012 fine although 2013 crashes every time I select the skill level. One thing I've noticed is that the videos don't even play at all - maybe this has something to do w/ it. I've done just about everything I can think of to resolve it but no luck. I was able to install the game on my Dell and it runs fine so I'll use it for testing.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Threepwood » 30 Jul 2012, 00:50

I'm having an issue when trying to set the image for a new card/editing an existing one;
I've been double-clicking the image area like crazy, but the dialogue won't show up. Anyone any idea what the problem could be?
I know I can convert and place the files manually, and I have, but I'm too lazy to keep doing it.
Threepwood

Postby Teirdalin » 02 Mar 2013, 15:03

Would be nice if there was a list of the ability codes, so you didn't need to have a pack open to effectively make a deck. Also with revised I'm unable to modify card illustrations, double-clicking on them does nothing, and with the older version I seem to be unable to open .wads, so I need to have both revised and the old version open to get anything done.

Edit;
Infact I think I'll make a list of abilities for quick access myself, it's not that tricky to do, if you want I can post a link to it when done; but from the looks of it this place seems pretty dead, which is odd since it's the first link when searching "2012 Duels of the planeswalkers deck editor"
Teirdalin

Postby thefiremind » 02 Mar 2013, 17:27

This is the best deck editor indeed... this topic is dead because the author is no longer active and because the new trend is DotP2013. :D

EDIT: If someone is still interested in this editor, I made a new link on MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zcp60nd2vrog8jj
thefiremind
Programmer

Previous

Return to Utilities