It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:05

Text Size

DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Postby jstauffer » 13 Jun 2012, 21:47

Should have an update ready tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I removed the automatically setting the personality. Will add that back in.

You can add your own deck box images. Put the png file in /rev/resources/images/deck_box_images. Anything in this folder will be read by the application.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 14 Jun 2012, 00:11

Update has been posted ...

I tested as much as I possibly could. Please let me know of any issues.

• New Image dialog changes ... will default name to current artid ( if not core referenced ) otherwise to the card's MULTIVERSEID
  • You can now press enter in the New Image dialog instead of having to hit the Ok button
  • Removed content prefix from card label for custom cards
  • Changed font of card label to Courier New
  • If length of text of card label is too long you'll see a "..." and will be able to hover over the label for a tooltip with the entire card filename
  • If card has an exception ( most likely b/c of XML ) the card label color will be red and you'll be able to click on it to view the exception message
  • New options to Open File ( nenamed to Open File With ) in right-click menu on card image which will allow opening a file with the system's default XML file editor ( same as previous Open File option ), Notepad or Notepadd++ ( will be prompted to locate the notepadd++.exe; savvy users will realize that any appropriate text editor can be selected instead although the menu item will still show as "Notepad++" )
  • New option to Edit File in right-click menu on card image which will allow editing an entire card XML within Deck Editor Revised
  • Fixed minor issues with XML tokenizing
  • Added Recent Files functionality ( finally ) ... you can open recent decks and cards
  • Now replacing "&" with "&" in title, flavourtext and artist when saving cards
    Fixed DeckOrderId assignment when a deck has multiple unlocks
  • Changed Available Cards, Deck Cards, Deck Unlocks Deck Stats and Card Abilities listboxes to listviews ... with new and expanded functionality ( Deck Cards and Deck Unlocks listviews have copy/paste and multi-select functionality )
  • Due to the changes from listboxes to listviews ( moreso because of the ability to multi-select ), the shorcuts to move card order up / down in Deck Cards, Deck Unlocks and Card Abilities has been changed from using the Shift key to the Alt key
  • Types are automatically read in now ( Available Cards filters, Deck Cards / Unlocks filters and in the Type dropdown in New/Edit Card )
  • Added the ability to add a new type in the Type dropdown in New/Edit Card
  • Minor fixes / changes to Deck Stats
  • Deck NAME on the main form will use the actual name of the deck
  • You can now click on the deck NAME on the main form to go to Deck Stats ( instead of right-clicking on the Deck Info button and click Deck Stats )
  • New button to maximize/minimize the Available Cards listview ( when in expanded mode additional columns are displayed )
  • New Delete Profile utility on Tools menu
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 14 Jun 2012, 18:13

New update has been posted ...

• Reworked Open Deck / Save Deck As dialogs and how info is retreived to process faster
  • Reworked manipulating APPID_LINKING / _PREPPED_APPID_LINKING to process faster
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 14 Jun 2012, 20:52

Btw, does anyone know how the deck names as they appear in the game are determined? I thought it was from what was in the LINKING files but this doesn't seem to be the case.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 14 Jun 2012, 21:10

jstauffer wrote:Btw, does anyone know how the deck names as they appear in the game are determined? I thought it was from what was in the LINKING files but this doesn't seem to be the case.
No, they are read from an XML in Excel format inside the TEXT_PERMANENT directory.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 14 Jun 2012, 21:15

No, they are read from an XML in Excel format inside the TEXT_PERMANENT directory
Aha! Thanks! So you can include this in DLC?
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 14 Jun 2012, 21:23

jstauffer wrote:
No, they are read from an XML in Excel format inside the TEXT_PERMANENT directory
Aha! Thanks! So you can include this in DLC?
Yes, kevlahnota discovered it first. Any XML in Excel format inside the TEXT_PERMANENT directory is used to substitute the string placeholders (like deck and planeswalker names, card-specific dialogs, etc...)
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 15 Jun 2012, 20:58

Yes, kevlahnota discovered it first. Any XML in Excel format inside the TEXT_PERMANENT directory is used to substitute the string placeholders (like deck and planeswalker names, card-specific dialogs, etc...)
Is there a forum topic you can direct me to? I looked but couldn't seem to find anything ...

I can't seem to get this working. Are there other requirements? A specific .exe, updates? I even deleted my profile and used your DLC ( pretty awesome btw ), directly putting it in the dotp installation directory, and it still shows only the deck file names ( without extensions ).

Would like to get this working ... I have the code in place ... although I did notice that I modeled my XML in excel format after ones in CORE and yours seemed different ( though this isn't the issue since like I said I used your DLC stand alone ).
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 15 Jun 2012, 21:52

I remember that it didn't work with the pre-expansion exe... try with the executable that you can find in kevlahnota's mod or the one you find here. My XML's could seem different because I edited them with Excel when I wrote the localised text in all languages.

Oh I was forgetting, you also need to have <Glossary_Content/> inside the INFO.XML of the DLC where you want to use the TEXT_PERMANENT directory, this was the topic where we started talking about it:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5723
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 20 Jun 2012, 16:42

Thanks! I got everything working properly. I have an update ready to go but I'm kinda waiting for kevlahnota to give me permission to include his hacked exe and supporting files with my archive.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 24 Jun 2012, 16:36

New update posted ...

kevlahnota has allowed me to pack his Magic_2012.exe and other required files w/ Deck Editor Revised ( in the updated archive, DeckEditorRev_v2062412.zip, at http://deckeditorrev.webhop.net/ )

* for deck names to show up in game properly you must use the Magic_2012.exe ( and other required files ) in the kevlahnota archive ... be sure to back up any files that might be overwriten and note that with kevlahnota's version, profiles are stored in Documents\Wizards of the Coast\Magic the Gathering\profiles\<#>

• Fixed minor issues
  • Deck names are now read from / written to DECKS_TEXT.XML in the TEXT_PERMANENT directory
  • Added "TOKEN" to the Rarity dropdown in Card Info ( New / Edit Card )
  • New option in Available Cards right-click to Show / Hide "Specials" ( by default they are hidden ) ... "Specials" are cards that have a filename that begins with "_"
  • Changed how card images are generated ... tokens / schemes should now show up properly
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 24 Jun 2012, 16:40

I'm eagerly anticipating getting things setup for DOTP 2013. I'm not sure how Deck Editor Revised in its current state will function with w/ 2013 and have been unsuccesful trying to unpack the Data_Core.wad w/ the updated Gibbed tools and getting the game to even play ( keeps crashing after I select skill level ). Unfortunately I'll be busy for the next 2-3 weeks after next so probably won't be able to get back to this unless I can figure things out this coming week.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby sadlyblue » 26 Jun 2012, 12:07

I'm tring to setup dotp 2013, but i'm having some troubles.
I think i understood what rick ment about reading from wads. But when i try to import the game wads, first the program asks for the content folder to add. No matter what i choose i get the error "Could not locate source content directory".
So i tried adding cards manually, which worked, and the pics also. But i can't get the card frames to work. Only get a black frame.
Can someone help?

Also, does send content work for 2013?
sadlyblue

Postby pcastellazzi » 26 Jun 2012, 20:19

sadlyblue wrote:I'm tring to setup dotp 2013, but i'm having some troubles.
I think i understood what rick ment about reading from wads. But when i try to import the game wads, first the program asks for the content folder to add. No matter what i choose i get the error "Could not locate source content directory".
So i tried adding cards manually, which worked, and the pics also. But i can't get the card frames to work. Only get a black frame.
Can someone help?

Also, does send content work for 2013?
DeckEditor is not going to work with 2013 for many reasons, one of them being the directory layout is different. About the black frame, DeckEditor relied in FRAMECOLOUR tag to set the proper frame. 2013 cards dont have this tag, nor the COLOUR tag. A simple solution will be to search and replace <CARD_V2> for <CARD_V2><FRAMECOLOUR name="C_FULL"/> (you can try this with notepad+ or any other text editor which allow you to search/replace in all open files, and also dont crash with around 700 files open). This will not give you the proper frames, but at least you will be able to read and search the core cards.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Postby sadlyblue » 26 Jun 2012, 20:46

Ok. I just thought it was working. I'll wait then :)
I don't have much time anyway.
sadlyblue

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities