It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:12

Text Size

DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Postby last-witness » 19 Sep 2011, 19:52

jstauffer, thank u!

i packed the wrong folder ('Data_Dlc_1111.wad' insted of 'Data_Dlc_1111_unpacked').
Thank you so!

Greetings
last-witness
last-witness

Postby jstauffer » 20 Sep 2011, 21:44

Posted a newer version. See previous links ...

Added supertypes to cards ( not sure how I missed this in the first place ).
Added Other to the Help & Sfx section when creating a new card or editing an existing card which will pick up ( and save ) other card data ( not Help, Sfx or Abilities ). Useful for other sections of code in the card data that isn't included in the sections already covered.
Added Other Ability to card abilities. This will pick up ( and save ) all other abilities ( not Activated, Spell, Static, Triggered or Utility ). It will not pick up templates like the other abilities. The only ability it was really needed for right now was MANA_ABILITY but can be useful later.

I've been playing around w/ kev's custom DLC mod and love all the new cards. I've been importing certain ones in and playing around with them. I wish there was some other way to handle mana abilities ( e.g. dark ritual, black lotus ) since I don't like not being able to "see" the mana available and that there's no mana burn. I'll continue to play around with this and post if I come up with something.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 21 Sep 2011, 14:31

could you please explain how did you import kev's cards? ive been wanting to add taigas and other multicolored lands since there is none in the vanilla game and makes it playing multicolored decks really hard.
Asta666

Postby grave1 » 21 Sep 2011, 16:33

Well first things first,im new here and i must say that i loved this community,really awesome what you all did for us Mtgt fans.

Now let me ask somethings,the deck editor worked fine and all,but there's a way to create one custom deck with card for me to unlock,i mean just like a regular deck? I've tried to create decks with card to unlock,but when i start the game all the cards that are suposed to be locked are already unlocked.
Btw is possibile to creat a custom deck and leave it to unlocked while playing the game,like all others vanilla decks?

Ps,sry for my english but im not a native speaker and i don't trust in internet translators so...
grave1

Postby jstauffer » 21 Sep 2011, 18:40

Asta66:

I'm not sure if content created w/ Deck Editor Revised works with kev's mod or not. I haven't tried but assuming it does all you would need to do is unpack kev's Data_Core.wad and import the CARDS / ILLUSTRATIONS into Deck Editor Revised. This would make them available for you to add to decks and if you're using kev's Data_Core.wad then they will already exist in the game so there's nothing on the Deck Editor Revised side that would need to be done.

If you're not using kev's Data_Core.wad then things would be a bit more complicated ...

There's not easy way to include all of the custom cards in kev's mod in content created by Deck Editor Revised because all the standard and custom cards are packed together ( into kev's Data_Core.wad which is intended to replace the original Data_Core.wad ).

You could do 1 at a time however ( which is how I accomplish it ):

1. You would have to do what is described above concerning unpacking kev's Data_Core.wad and importing the CARDS / ILLUSTRATIONS into Deck Editor Revised.

2. Right-click on a card an select "New Card As ..."

3. Deck Editor Revised won't allow you to name the card the same as the one you're copying from so you'd have to name it differently.

4. Click Ok and when prompted to include in content pack, click YES.

5. You should then delete the card you copied from ( otherwise you'd have 2 identical cards with the only difference being their file name ). Since you're not using kev's Data_Core.wad you wouldn't want to add the card you copied from a deck since it doesn't exist in the game hence the reasoning behind deleting it.

The card you just created would now be included in your content pack so you could add it to a deck and it would be available in game ( after you either Send Content or package stuff up yourself ).

Don't forget about deleting your profile though if this is the first card you included in your content pack.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 21 Sep 2011, 22:48

I've been trying something that would seem to easily add all of the cards:
1.- Unpack vanilla data_core and kev's data_core
2.- Copy new cards and illustrations from kev's data_core to vanilla
3.- Pack the new data_core using gibbed tools.

This way i'm able to edit them in your deckeditor and start the game BUT most of the new cards do not appear in the game deck editor or when playing a duel. Any ideas why? By adding them one by one did you have this problem?

EDIT: Although while using kev's mod editing decks with deck editor seems to work fine and all (new) cards are shown ingame.
Asta666

Postby obelix469 » 22 Sep 2011, 00:18

I'm having trouble with the illustrations as well. when I try to point to the gibbed path i get an unhandled exception error (the path is not of a legal form), and nothing happens when i try to continue. I can do a 'new card as' on one of my cards and when i point the to the already labeled tdx which i put into the illustration folder in rev it suddenly shows the illustration on the original and new card. it's handles pointing to gibbed fine when you do it this way. Any help would be great.
obelix469

Postby jstauffer » 22 Sep 2011, 12:55

grave1:

I'm not sure what the deal is with cards already being unlocked in game even if an unlock key is not set. It could have to do with the cracked .exe although I'm still looking into as time permits.

Asta66:

Glad things are working with kev's mod and thanks for letting me know. I figured that's all that you'd need to do ( unpack kev's .wad and import cards / illustrations into Deck Editor Revised ).

obelix469:

Looking into the issue with the unhanded exception. Putting the TDX file in the \rev\illustrations won't do anything unless as you said clicking 'New Card As...' and selecting the TDX. When this is done Deck Editor Revised converts the TDX to png format which is necessay to view in Deck Editor Revised. If you were to convert your TDX image and put the png file in \rev\illustrations you wouldn't need to the 'New Card As...' trick.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 22 Sep 2011, 13:09

Also for anyone that is having any issues please make sure you're using the most up-to-date version ( you can find this in Deck Editor Revised by going to Help > About ) which is:

Here's the link again:

http://deckeditorrev.webhop.net/
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby grave1 » 22 Sep 2011, 14:22

Nevermind,even though i coulnd't find a way to fix the unlock issue it's still great to mess around with my own decks.

Ty for your hardwork sir.
grave1

Postby Asta666 » 22 Sep 2011, 15:06

Yeah now that we can add cards and make decks all we need is a way to play multiplayer with sikidrow's version.
Asta666

Postby jstauffer » 22 Sep 2011, 16:39

I appreciate the "thanks" from those who have given them.

I have fixed a few minor issues and included info.pdf ( which is basically a recap of info I've posted on here ) in the archive which needs to go in the directory where Deck Editor Revised is run from or in the \rev\ directory for you to access it via the application ( Tools > Help Contents or F1 ).

Also added Refresh Cards ( F5 ) to Tools.

I'm also working on a minor issue w/ with card abilities. If you have a new line in the "description" text ( LOCALISED_TEXT ) then it won't highlight correctly in the Edit Spell Ability form and on the New/Edit Card form the entire ability description is not displayed. You can still save the card and when you view it from the main form it will display correctly ( and in game I assume ).

Version is still: 1.092211
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby grave1 » 22 Sep 2011, 18:44

One question...since im new to all this coding stuff i just stumbled into an issue with card creation.
It is possible to create cards with morph,like Krosan Cloudscrapper?
grave1

Postby jstauffer » 22 Sep 2011, 20:38

obelix469:

I think I may have found the issue with loading illustrations. I've updated the archive at:

http://deckeditorrev.webhop.net/

Please check and see if this fixes your issues ...
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 22 Sep 2011, 22:06

grave1:

Not sure how you'd do something like that. I'm sure it's possible to work with what's available but it wouldn't be very elegant to say the least since the actual morph ability isn't in the game that I know of. This might be a better question for kev who has done several cards which is in another forum topic.
jstauffer
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities