It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:50

Text Size

DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Postby jstauffer » 05 Jun 2012, 17:09

A new update has been posted:

• Forcing UTF-8 without BOM encoding for saved CARD files
  • Ability form should now display the XML format correctly ( note that it will be indented 2 spaces to the right just like in the card XML )
  • Content cleanup will also remove the NAME, UNLOCK_KEY, FOIL_KEY and IS_COLOR_OVERRIDE attributes from all decks ( in addition to removing the CUSTOM attribute from all cards )
  • Deck NAME is now read from APPID_LINKING file ( basically the name is not needed in the deck XML any longer ) ... still writes to the APPID_LINKING / _PREPPED_APPID_LINKING when a deck is saved, although any time a deck is saved ( or deleted ) all decks in the content are checked are re-written as well
  • Fixed issue with Card List not updating properly after editing a card if the card's "Card Name" or "Multiverse Id" changed ( when this happens the old file is deleted and a new one created using the "Card Name" and "Multiverse Id" )
  • Fixed issue when saving a deck with multiple unlocks
  • Fixed issue with deck being reloaded after Send Content is performed
  • Added Sort By Title, Move Card Order Up, Move Card Order Down and Delete All Cards to the right-click menu in the Deck cards list
  • Added Sort By Title, Move Card Order Up, Move Card Order Down and Delete All Cards to the right-click menu in the Unlock cards list
  • Added button to Edit Unlock info ( the ">>" button to the right of the dropdown )
  • Removed info from below Unlock
  • Change font size of selected card label under the Cards list
  • Removed tooltip from the selected card label under the Cards list
  • Extended the length of the selected card label under the Cards list
  • Added DLC info to the selected card label under the Cards list
  • Removed DLC info as a prefix to the title of cards in the Cards list
  • Fixed issue with "Clear All Filters" in the right-click menu in the Cards list not resetting Search / Mana filters
  • Fixed issue with current deck not being brought back up after Send Content is performed
  • Added option to abort the Update process ( click on X as with the Progress Dialogs )
  • Deck Stats has recieved a major overhaul
  • Fixed issue with automatic order assignment for sub-types when saving cards

Included in a previous update but not sure if it was mentioned is an addition to the Content Info form that allows you to quickly open specific folders in the content.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 06 Jun 2012, 00:17

Working on some better sorting in Deck Stats. Please be patient.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby agentx » 06 Jun 2012, 04:32

There is a bug where if the card isn't found when importing the deck, and the correct card contains a "-" in the name it won't be able to automatically use that card to populate the deck.

This is compounded by the fact that it takes 30 seconds or more to resolve this.
Will have to look into what is happening.
I am using a lot of custom content and the program must be spending a while trying to parse the XML of each card.
agentx

Postby jstauffer » 06 Jun 2012, 17:45

Hmm ... I'll take a look at this ...

When you import a deck, it does check each card node in the deck XML for a matching card in available cards ( which will have already been populated so doesn't need to read all the cards in again, basically there is a Card Info class that stores the data for each card and all cards are read and the Card Info's are created when the application is started, i.e "Refresh" Cards ).
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 06 Jun 2012, 18:09

There is a bug where if the card isn't found when importing the deck, and the correct card contains a "-" in the name it won't be able to automatically use that card to populate the deck.
What "name" are you referring to, the CARDNAME, FILENAME or TITLE?

The deck XML contains what should be the FILENAME of a card ( which should match the actual file name, without the '.XML' extension, but since it's just data in the card could possibly not ).

When reading in a deck, the application looks at the name of the each CARD node in the deck XML. It then checks each available card for a matching actual file name, without the '.XML' extension. If the card it is checking matches then it is added to the return array. It could just return the card at this point but there are 2 reasons it keeps scanning:

1. Since custom cards have been moved from the same directory as CORE cards, it is possible that there could be duplicate card files out there. By checking all the available cards it will return all "matches" and will show up on the error report.

2. While it's checking each available card, in case a "match" isn't found, it is also looking at the FILENAME excluding _'s and any numeric values ( most likely the MULTIVERSEID ) and adds any possible matches to a separate array.

This might sound very complex but it takes only a few seconds to complete on my machine with a little over 1000 cards and decks with an average of 36-40 cards in them.

I'm wondering why it could possibly be taking over 30 seconds on your machine but I'm still looking into. Perhaps I can optimize the process further.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby agentx » 07 Jun 2012, 04:46

It has to be the filename that is failing to match.
Here is an example of error output:
[ 2868DOUBLEDOUBLE.XML ]
* if this deck is saved ERRORS will not be written to file
DECK_ERRORS
[ UMEZAWAS_JITTE_888263098 ] could not be found
DECK_WARNINGS
[ SIMIC_GROWTH_CHAMBER_888263091 ] not found but matched to [ SIMIC_GROWTH_CHAMBER_19991253 ]
[ MINDLESS_AUTOMATON_888263090 ] not found but matched to [ MINDLESS_AUTOMATON_19991111 ]

There is an file named "UMEZAWA'S JITTE_12340022.XML" that's the correct file.
The program had no problem identifying the 2 other cards, but it could not locate the Jitte due to the single quote.
agentx

Postby thefiremind » 07 Jun 2012, 08:48

If the match is done with cards that have identical filename except for the Multiverse ID, I think that it's the correct behaviour. I don't know if making a more complex check is worth the effort. How would you make it in the first place? Trying to remove single quotes? Then commas? Then substituting spaces with underscores and viceversa? There are modders who don't follow any rule when naming XML files, but if we all used just letters, numbers and underscores, this issue you are describing wouldn't even exist.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 07 Jun 2012, 18:32

Well, it wouldn't be difficult to remove anything that's not an alpha char before checking. I really don't see this affecting performance by much if any. Although I agree with you that only letters, number and underscores should be used, it really should be built to accomodate anything.

Anyways, it only took a few minutes to implement this and it's ready to go in the next update.

I am, however, concerned that agentx stated that it's taking more than 30 seconds to save or import ( or load since it's doing the same thing except with import it's merely moving the deck file to appropriate directory ) a deck. I don't have this issue and no one else has report this either so I'm not sure how else to proceed.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 07 Jun 2012, 23:39

New update has been posted ...

• Fixed minor issues with determining deck colors
  • Fixed minor issues with XML tokenizing for Card Abilities
  • Removed warning when sorting deck cards
  • Improved sorting in Deck Stats
  • Improved sorting in deck card list and unlock card list
  • New options to view additional info in deck card list and unlock card list ( Show )
  • Added functionality to change ability ordering in Card Info abilities list
  • Reworked check to save current deck and close current deck in various sections
  • Added help button for ARTID in Card Info
  • New Image Dialog will default name to previous artid ( if not core ) otherwise selected filename ( without extension )
  • Minor modifications to check for existing card during deck import / load
  • Added "always on top" toggle to View Card right-click menu

Forgot to include in release notes:

Decreased font of card label ( under available cards to 8pt ) and increased size of deck cards listbox to accomodate 15 cards ( up from 13 ) which also shifted unlocks listbox down a bit
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 08 Jun 2012, 03:44

Small bug, when you search for something and you get no results. Clear filters menu option on the contextual menu on the main card list is disabled and it should not be.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Postby thefiremind » 08 Jun 2012, 09:16

jstauffer wrote:New Image Dialog will default name to previous artid ( if not core ) otherwise selected filename ( without extension )
What do you exactly mean with this? The only thing I noticed is that I had to write the Art ID by myself this time (the textbox after image importing was empty), while the previous versions automatically inserted an Art ID equal to the Multiverse ID of the currently edited card, which was a thing that I liked a lot.

---------------------

EDIT: I just got an idea for a new feature. In the menu that pops up by right-clicking on the deck list, could you add a command that adds one more copy of the selected card? It would be great to make the latest tweaks to the deck without searching in the card list.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 10 Jun 2012, 15:33

Wow that is a great idea. Why the hell isn't that already there? I'll have to have a talk with this so-called programmer. Lol jk. Will definitely add that in.

Also wanted everyone to be aware of a rather nice update forthcoming ... and most likely will be the last for new features in v2 ...

Among other fixes and tweaks the key change is I've converted all the ListBoxes to ListViews ( long time coming but really required a lot of changes on the backend ). What this means though is being able to type in the list to find a card ( typeahead support ) and being able to have columns. You will now also be able to bring up the entire card XML in the Deck Editor for editing. It's almost ready for release but there's a strange issue I'm trying to resolve first.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 12 Jun 2012, 09:18

I found a little bug with the deck sorting. If I select a sorting order for the deck I'm editing, then I add a card to it, a message pops out saying "Card was added to the deck but current filters prevent it from being displayed", but this isn't true: I didn't use any filter (just the sorting) and I can see the card I added.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 13 Jun 2012, 01:23

Another bug, this is a big one, at least big enough to crash the game. Whithin the unlock's xml, deckOrderId is not sequential and it should be.

Better with an example:

Code: Select all
<!-- UNLOCK 1 -->
<UNLOCKS uid="10001" deck_uid="11113" content_pack="1111" game_mode="0">
  <CARD name="DOOM_BLADE_242925" deckOrderId="46" />
  <CARD name="DOOM_BLADE_242925" deckOrderId="47" />
  <CARD name="DOOM_BLADE_242925" deckOrderId="48" />
  <CARD name="DOOM_BLADE_242925" deckOrderId="49" />
</UNLOCKS>
Code: Select all
<!-- UNLOCK 2 -->
<UNLOCKS uid="10002" deck_uid="11113" content_pack="1111" game_mode="0">
  <CARD name="GO_FOR_THE_THROAT_242992" deckOrderId="46" />
  <CARD name="GO_FOR_THE_THROAT_242992" deckOrderId="47" />
  <CARD name="GO_FOR_THE_THROAT_242992" deckOrderId="48" />
  <CARD name="GO_FOR_THE_THROAT_242992" deckOrderId="49" />
</UNLOCKS>
As you may notice, withing the second unlock deckOrderId is restarted instead of continuing from 50 as it should.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
pcastellazzi

Postby pcastellazzi » 13 Jun 2012, 20:45

Another small bug, within the deck info dialog, when you switch deck box's image, older versions used to switch the personality too. Latest one does not.

Also can you please add GETH and SYLVOS personalities?

And my last request would be to cycle the scheme deck in the same way you did with personalities.
pcastellazzi

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities