It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:01

Text Size

DOTP2013 Card generator

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP2013 Card generator

Postby pcastellazzi » 26 Jul 2012, 19:04

RiiakShiNal wrote:Well some of them seem to be fixed though Hill Giant, Canyon Minotaur, and Merfolk of the Pearl Trident all seem to cause an Internal Server Error.
It could be that it doesn't like cards with no abilities.
Sorry about that, i was still updating the services. It should be working now.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Postby RiiakShiNal » 26 Jul 2012, 19:10

pcastellazzi wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:Well some of them seem to be fixed though Hill Giant, Canyon Minotaur, and Merfolk of the Pearl Trident all seem to cause an Internal Server Error.
It could be that it doesn't like cards with no abilities.
Sorry about that, i was still updating the services. It should be working now.
Yep, those three are working now, though I was writing an update to my last post (I don't know if you saw it).

Edit: Flying did not get implemented for Cloud Elemental and Cloud Sprite (mentioned because you said you added support for it). Same for Emeria Angel.

Edit 2: First Strike did not get implemented for Deft Duelist.

Edit 3: Hexproof did not get implemented for Drove of Elves.

Edit 4: Lifelink did not get implemented on Escaped Null.

Edit 5: Deathtouch shows up twice on Giant Scorpion (once implemented, once not).

Edit 6: Trample not implemented on Heedless One.

Edit 7: Reach not implemented on Blightwidow.

Edit 8: Flash not implemented on Shimmer Myr.

Edit 9: Flying and Defender are both implemented on Angelic Wall then show up again as a 3rd ability (unimplemented). I'll stop here for now as some of these may be related to each other (due to your ability detection system).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 26 Jul 2012, 20:04

Most of this should be working right now, including Angelic Wall. At this point the original text will be removed if all abilities are implemented. ie. In Angelic Wall defender and flying are implemented, there is no reason to keep the original text, but in Akroma, Angel of Wrath, protection from black and red is not implemented, then the original text will remain.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
pcastellazzi

Postby RiiakShiNal » 26 Jul 2012, 20:58

Now the second ability is not showing up for Emeria Angel (Landfall - create 1/1 bird token), Escaped Null (Get +5/+0 when blocking), Cloud Elemental (can only block creatures with flying), Heedless One (P/T equal to elves in play), and Shimmer Myr (Artifacts in your hand have flash). I just did a quick re-test of the cards I mentioned in my last post.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 26 Jul 2012, 21:32

My bad, i removed too much text. It should be working now.
pcastellazzi

Postby thefiremind » 26 Jul 2012, 22:07

thefiremind wrote:I tried with Mold Shambler and I saw that it also adds an additional line in the flavour text which only contains "— ".
This still happens.

Anyway, more important: could you auto-generate the sub-type ordering tags?
Little explanation: those tags decide the order in which the sub-types are displayed in the various languages. Without them, if you play DotP2013 in a non-English language, all cards with more than 1 sub-type will have the first sub-type correctly displayed, while the following ones will be replaced by "[CARD_SUBTYPE_]" which isn't really good to see.
The ordering is almost always the same, with really few exceptions, so you could save us (me? :lol:) a lot of work by auto-generating the order that proves to be correct on 99% of the cards. The order is increasing (starting with 0) for all the languages, except for Spanish and Italian for which is decreasing (ending with 0).
For example:
Code: Select all
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="SubType1" order_de-DE="0" order_es-ES="2" order_fr-FR="0" order_it-IT="2" order_jp-JA="0" order_ko-KR="0" order_pt-BR="0" order_ru-RU="0" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="SubType2" order_de-DE="1" order_es-ES="1" order_fr-FR="1" order_it-IT="1" order_jp-JA="1" order_ko-KR="1" order_pt-BR="1" order_ru-RU="1" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="SubType3" order_de-DE="2" order_es-ES="0" order_fr-FR="2" order_it-IT="0" order_jp-JA="2" order_ko-KR="2" order_pt-BR="2" order_ru-RU="2" />
Supertypes and types don't need this because they are managed in groups, only sub-types need this.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 26 Jul 2012, 22:24

thefiremind wrote:
thefiremind wrote:I tried with Mold Shambler and I saw that it also adds an additional line in the flavour text which only contains "— ".
This still happens.
I am pretty sure it's fixed. Did you reload the page ignoring the cache? (Ctrl+Shift+R on most browsers)

thefiremind wrote:Anyway, more important: could you auto-generate the sub-type ordering tags?
Little explanation: those tags decide the order in which the sub-types are displayed in the various languages. Without them, if you play DotP2013 in a non-English language, all cards with more than 1 sub-type will have the first sub-type correctly displayed, while the following ones will be replaced by "[CARD_SUBTYPE_]" which isn't really good to see.
The ordering is almost always the same, with really few exceptions, so you could save us (me? :lol:) a lot of work by auto-generating the order that proves to be correct on 99% of the cards. The order is increasing (starting with 0) for all the languages, except for Spanish and Italian for which is decreasing (ending with 0).
For example:
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="SubType1" order_de-DE="0" order_es-ES="2" order_fr-FR="0" order_it-IT="2" order_jp-JA="0" order_ko-KR="0" order_pt-BR="0" order_ru-RU="0" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="SubType2" order_de-DE="1" order_es-ES="1" order_fr-FR="1" order_it-IT="1" order_jp-JA="1" order_ko-KR="1" order_pt-BR="1" order_ru-RU="1" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="SubType3" order_de-DE="2" order_es-ES="0" order_fr-FR="2" order_it-IT="0" order_jp-JA="2" order_ko-KR="2" order_pt-BR="2" order_ru-RU="2" />
Supertypes and types don't need this because they are managed in groups, only sub-types need this.
No problem, i'll let you know when is done.
pcastellazzi

Postby thefiremind » 26 Jul 2012, 23:22

pcastellazzi wrote:I am pretty sure it's fixed. Did you reload the page ignoring the cache?
You're right, my bad. #-o It's fixed indeed.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 27 Jul 2012, 15:25

It seems that cards without abilities are once again causing Internal Server Errors. Quick tested Alpha Myr, Axegrinder Giant and Merfolk of the Pearl Trident.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 27 Jul 2012, 20:36

RiiakShiNal wrote:It seems that cards without abilities are once again causing Internal Server Errors. Quick tested Alpha Myr, Axegrinder Giant and Merfolk of the Pearl Trident.
Fixed. Also working in an automated test suite to make sure this will not happend again.
pcastellazzi

Postby pcastellazzi » 28 Jul 2012, 14:11

Two more updates were pushed today:

• A fix for the special character Æ like in Æther Adept
  • Subtype ordering attributes generation
pcastellazzi

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Jul 2012, 21:07

Flavour Text attribution is not correct for some cards like Dryad Arbor (German, Spanish, Portuguese) and when it constructs the Flavour Text block some of the languages have the long dash and a space on a separate line from the rest of the text.
<FLAVOURTEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[„Berühre keinen Baum, brich keinen Zweig ab und stelle nur die Frage, die du beantwortet bekommen willst." Von Yomm, Altdruidin, zu ihren Novizen
— ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA["No toquen ningún árbol, no rompan ninguna rama, hagan sólo la pregunta que desean sea respondida."
—Von Yomm, alto druida, a sus iniciados
— ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA["Não toquem nas árvores, não quebrem seus galhos e digam apenas a pergunta para qual buscam resposta." Von Yomm, druida anciã, para seus pupilos
— ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
</FLAVOURTEXT>
Edit: There are also quotation marks missing in the Flavour Text on some cards like Tundra Wolves (English, Italian, Portuguese).

Edit 2: Proper new lines are missing from the flavour text for Canyon Minotaur (first and last quotation marks also missing). Shows up as:
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[We'll scale these cliffs, traverse Brittle Bridge, and then fight our way down the volcanic slopes on the other side.""Isn't the shortest route through the canyon?""Yes.""So shouldn't we—""No.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
But should be (pretty quotation marks optional):
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“We'll scale these cliffs, traverse Brittle Bridge, and then fight our way down the volcanic slopes on the other side.”
“Isn't the shortest route through the canyon?”
“Yes.”
“So shouldn't we—”
“No.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
Edit 3: New lines are not being honored in the flavour text attribution like in Luminesce (new line for the attribution wasn't honored either):
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA["The White Shield is not the burnished metal you lash to your forearm but the conviction that burns in your chest."—Lucilde Fiksdotter,leader of the Order of the White Shield]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
But should be (pretty quotations optional):
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“The White Shield is not the burnished metal you lash to your forearm but the conviction that burns in your chest.”
—Lucilde Fiksdotter,
leader of the Order of the White Shield]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 31 Jul 2012, 00:09

Flavour text should be working properly (i think).
pcastellazzi

Postby RiiakShiNal » 31 Jul 2012, 02:31

Attribution on Dryad Arbor (German, Spanish, Portuguese) and Plague Beetle (French) still not working properly.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 31 Jul 2012, 16:44

RiiakShiNal wrote:Attribution on Dryad Arbor (German, Spanish, Portuguese) and Plague Beetle (French) still not working properly.
They are broken in gatherer. Dryad Arbor is missing the attribution mark, and Plague Bettle is missing a new line before it. I do not think is worth it to try to work around this issues.
pcastellazzi

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities