It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:46

Text Size

DotP 2013 WAD File Editor

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2013 WAD File Editor

Postby Dysgenics » 30 Sep 2012, 17:21

Be sure to be careful when removing materials from the directory like that if you intend to upload the deck online.

When the game loads resources for a deck, it'll look through all of the currently installed WADs for what it needs.
Say I install a mod including the card Pestilence, and then use this card in a separate deck of mine. Since the resources are available in the mod I've installed, the game will run without complaints on my local machine. Then if I upload the deck without including the Pestilence resources, everyone that installs the deck will have trouble unless they installed the same mod I did.

Basically when building a deck be mindful of where the cards you're using are coming from. If the cards are from the core game, including their resources isn't necessary and would just increase file size. However, if the cards are exclusively available in a community created mod, you should include the data (or at the very least communicate to the community which mods are needed).

When in doubt, install your deck into a fresh install of the game and see how it performs. I'm often guilty of not including text in TEXT_PERMANENTS that I used in creating a card from referencing someone else's code.
Dysgenics

Postby PhilistineAu » 30 Sep 2012, 21:22

Thanks - good points. In this case I am using the community mod DLC and Thefiremind's DLC and was more aiming to keep the WAD small for personal use. I'll make sure I do as you suggested if I upload. :D

Do you have any suggestions for tools that make it easy to mod existing decks? Do people normally edit the Deck XML file manually? I tried doing that but couldn't get the cards to display in game - I didn't keep them in alphabetical order though.
PhilistineAu

Postby Wisebird » 01 Oct 2012, 08:54

thefiremind wrote:I actually get more success with Gibbed Tools... Paint. NET isn't capable of opening some TDX files, specifically those that are visibly bigger than they should. But those "unusual" TDX files are often part of the game UI, I can't remember finding a card picture with this problem.

Maybe you are trying to convert TDX files from the iPad version? Those are different from the other platforms' ones and probably need a conversion with another specific tool. If that's the case, I can't be helpful because I don't have an iPad, but you'll find help asking in this topic:
Indeed I was trying to open files from the iPad version. Thanks for pointing out that they might be in a different format.

And thanks Dysgenics for providing a link for image scans :)
Wisebird

Postby kylekrazy » 08 Oct 2012, 23:29

Is there some sort of secret to get this to work?! I can unpack ALLLLLLLL the WADs I want. I can pack none. Period. What the hell?
kylekrazy

Postby AlexSanchez » 10 Oct 2012, 16:37

I am having problems with the download link, is it working?
AlexSanchez

Postby daenon611 » 10 Oct 2012, 17:03

AlexSanchez wrote:I am having problems with the download link, is it working?
Use this one ... download/file.php?id=7574
daenon611

Postby AlexSanchez » 10 Oct 2012, 17:21

Thanks, now the problem is that I can not add the always available tag. I arrive to the xml but I cant had the tag..can anyone help me?
AlexSanchez

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Oct 2012, 18:05

AlexSanchez wrote:Thanks, now the problem is that I can not add the always available tag. I arrive to the xml but I cant had the tag..can anyone help me?
I can't help with the editor (as I don't use it), but adding the always available tag is pretty easy.

In the deck's xml find the DECK line (usually first line) which should look something like this:
Code: Select all
<DECK personality="D13_AJANI_DEFAULT.XML" deck_box_image="D13_Ajani" deck_box_image_locked="locked" content_pack="0" uid="1" preview_card="celestial_light" is_white="true">
Then add always_available="true" within the brackets like this:
<DECK personality="D13_AJANI_DEFAULT.XML" deck_box_image="D13_Ajani" deck_box_image_locked="locked" content_pack="0" uid="1" preview_card="celestial_light" is_white="true" always_available="true">
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby STKL » 03 Jan 2013, 04:28

I can't create land. So far I've been able to customize my own deck:
1st used the gibb thing.
2nd ran WAD put it in with dotp2013.exe and ran it.
3rd, Unpacked The MTG folder, and created a deck.
4th made a deck, started playing, but no matter what I never got land even though I specifically put land in the deck!
Edit:Nvm, it somehow corrected itself. Idk how.
Last edited by STKL on 03 Jan 2013, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
STKL

Postby STKL » 03 Jan 2013, 04:29

RiiakShiNal wrote:
AlexSanchez wrote:Thanks, now the problem is that I can not add the always available tag. I arrive to the xml but I cant had the tag..can anyone help me?
I can't help with the editor (as I don't use it), but adding the always available tag is pretty easy.

In the deck's xml find the DECK line (usually first line) which should look something like this:
<DECK personality="D13_AJANI_DEFAULT.XML" deck_box_image="D13_Ajani" deck_box_image_locked="locked" content_pack="0" uid="1" preview_card="celestial_light" is_white="true">
Then add always_available="true" within the brackets like this:
<DECK personality="D13_AJANI_DEFAULT.XML" deck_box_image="D13_Ajani" deck_box_image_locked="locked" content_pack="0" uid="1" preview_card="celestial_light" is_white="true" always_available="true">
I tried doing this in the WAD, I typed that but it won't let me type..
STKL

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 Jan 2013, 05:36

This tool does not seem to be getting any updates as it still has bugs in it that were reported months ago. The person who created this tool (RisenDeep) hasn't even visited this site since early October (according to user statistics) so I would not expect any real help with this tool.

As for what is wrong with your deck, I can't say because I know nothing about your deck and have not seen any of the XML for it. So either post the XML for your deck or post your wad so we can look at it to see what is wrong.

Also if you are going to edit the XML it is usually better to do so with either an XML editor or a simple text editor so you can have full control over the file. It can lead to either syntax errors or misspellings, but at least you will actually be able to edit the file and change what you want.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby STKL » 03 Jan 2013, 10:10

Oh hey yeah I just realized that hahah, thanks for the reply.
I figured out how to do it, my problem was that I had over 60 cards and the game would delete them to 60 along with a lot of my lands.
STKL

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 Jan 2013, 14:16

Glad you figured out your problem.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Previous

Return to Utilities