It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:24

Text Size

DotP 2013 WAD File Editor

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2013 WAD File Editor

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Aug 2012, 21:24

Emashzed wrote:The game determines "alone" the land to include automatically, according to the color of the cards in the deck and the respective proportions for each color.
It also depends on if you left "space" in the deck for land. As the game will automatically add land to get the deck up to 60 cards. If you have 60 cards (or possibly more, I haven't tried making a deck with more than 60 base cards) then the game won't add land because the deck is already "large enough". Though the LandConfig "may" override that to make sure the minimums are met.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby fryinhades » 23 Aug 2012, 21:58

and out comes the caveat i was looking for.. Fair enough. Now time to make a couple decks with teh cards included, and then i am going to make ally decks like a crazy person... because they are fun!

Appreciate the help Emashzed. believe you me i owe you one... Very cool tricks. Now if only i can find the way for Me to recover all the progress i lost in the regular decks. the Single reason i started looking online for how to configure decks was because i lost all the deck unlocks for what came with the game.

EDIT: Thanks to you for the caveat RiiakShiNal!
fryinhades

Postby posvalkir » 12 Sep 2012, 01:24

Hey. New to all this. Opened up WADedit, unpacked all the decks (which included 16 custom decks I downloaded that I had already played extensively in game), created a deck, only used cards from the above mentioned decks, and packed it. I then moved the WAD into the appropriate directory but it does not show up in game.

I even copied another deck's textures to see if that was the problem. The deck shows up in the Data Browser section, but not in the game. Any ideas on how I can get this to work.

This is a test, eventually I'd like to code some cards and test out some deck ideas I have.
posvalkir

Postby posvalkir » 13 Sep 2012, 01:24

Ok,
I figured it out. Just so any other noob doesn't do the same thing: You have to build the deck, name it and assign colors; THEN create it; Close out WADedit; Open WADedit; THEN pack the WAD and put it into the appropriate folder.

I still can't get the name (Shows [DECK_DECKNAME] or deck/preview card art to work properly (deck shows up as a big white space). I also can't seem to get the lands to work right. I read about the game's auto-populate for lands, but no matter how many cards I put in I can't seem to get it to stop adding lands.
posvalkir

Postby quillo86 » 18 Sep 2012, 03:26

Hi! Thanks for the work! Can you upload the file again? seems that the link is down.
quillo86

Postby dnbsuss » 24 Sep 2012, 22:53

please reup! thanks!
dnbsuss

Postby daenon611 » 25 Sep 2012, 04:38

Use this ...
Attachments
WADEdit.zip
(216.09 KiB) Downloaded 1416 times
daenon611

Postby Wisebird » 27 Sep 2012, 19:55

Hello guys.

Just wanted to ask you how can I convert TDX files to png / jpg?
I've used both Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert and WADEdit (which uses the same command line tools) and both times I am getting an error exception, saying that the files could not be converted.
To be more specific, here is the output:
Code: Select all
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: unhandled 13
   at Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats.TdxFile.GetPixelByteSize(D3DFormat format)
   at Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats.TdxFile.GetMipSize(D3DFormat format, UInt16 width, UInt16 height)
   at Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats.TdxFile.Deserialize(Stream input)
   at Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.Program.Main(String[] args)
WADEditor shows previews though…
Is there a way to fix it? All I want to do is to get card images. I would welcome any suggestions on how to achieve in any other way :)

Thanks,
Wisebird

Postby Dysgenics » 29 Sep 2012, 00:47

The manual way to convert TDX files would be through paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/download.html).

It's simple and reliable but if you're looking at converting hundreds of textures it'd be tedious.
I'm not sure if there's a batch utility out there for converting textures en masse, but I'd be interested in knowing if there was one.

Alternatively, if you're just looking for card image art in general, I'd reccommend checking out the HQ Art Archive forum here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=445, which provides downloads for High Quality scans of cards (as JPEGs)
Dysgenics

Postby thefiremind » 29 Sep 2012, 09:51

I actually get more success with Gibbed Tools... Paint.NET isn't capable of opening some TDX files, specifically those that are visibly bigger than they should. But those "unusual" TDX files are often part of the game UI, I can't remember finding a card picture with this problem.

Maybe you are trying to convert TDX files from the iPad version? Those are different from the other platforms' ones and probably need a conversion with another specific tool. If that's the case, I can't be helpful because I don't have an iPad, but you'll find help asking in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7796
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby PhilistineAu » 29 Sep 2012, 19:52

Hi,

First off - thanks to everyone for their work on this. This opens up a whole new world for the game and one of my favourite activities - deck building!

Sorry for the noob questions, but how do I pack WADs? These are the steps I've followed:
- downloaded WADEdit and saved it in its own directory
- started WADEdit and clicked WADs --> unpack all, browsed to DOTP 2013 installation directory and selected the main directory. Waited until done and verified all the WADs appear in the Data Browser tab
- clicked on Deck Editor tab and moved 28 cards across to deck
- named deck "TESTPHIL" (not sure if I need all caps and if I can include spaces or need underscores...)
- clicked on Deck Statistics tab and named the package "TESTPHIL" (not sure if this name needs to be anything specific, if it needs to match the deck name or if I need to match this name to the file name when packing)
- selected deck colors
- left UID alone (1001) (do I need to use something more random like 999918?)
- didn't touch Box Image or Preview Card (can I enter the card name as it appears in the deck editor to get it to show up in game? e.g. enter "ABYSSAL GATEKEEPER" in both?)
- click Deck --> create and when asked to browse for folder, left it selecting the WADEdit "WADs" folder (i.e. NOT the game installation directory)
- browsed to the WADEDit WADs folder and verified the folder and subfolders for my test deck were created

....not sure what to do now? How do I pack my deck into a WAD for use in the game? Will it pack all the WADs or just my custom deck? I already have Rick's DLL in the game installation directory.

Thanks!

Phil

EDIT: Looking at some of the existing decks and xml files to see how they are laid out. Looks like I need to work out how to open / create TDX files. Have been able to pack using gibbed tools pack exe file. File must start with "DECK" in order to work. Would still like to know how to pack using WADEdit.
PhilistineAu

Postby PhilistineAu » 30 Sep 2012, 05:34

I Downloaded Paint NET and added in the TDX plugin. I created a preview card and got it working, but my created box preview is not loading. What compression should I save it as using Paint NET to get the transparency right? I suspect that is the problem. Thanks for anyone that can help!
PhilistineAu

Postby thefiremind » 30 Sep 2012, 08:45

PhilistineAu wrote:I Downloaded Paint NET and added in the TDX plugin. I created a preview card and got it working, but my created box preview is not loading. What compression should I save it as using Paint NET to get the transparency right? I suspect that is the problem. Thanks for anyone that can help!
Use DXT1 for card pictures (no transparency), and DXT5 for everything that needs transparency. If you are bothered about the small artifacts that appear in the picture (those compressions are lossy), you can use A8R8G8B8 that means no compression at all, but the file will be much bigger. Remember that, if you use compression, all the TDX must have height and width multiples of 4, otherwise the game won't read them.

About the previous questions, I'm not sure if I can answer correctly because I don't use WADEdit. What I can tell you is that the WADs' names must start with "Deck_" (or "Data_DLC_" but this implies a different directory structure so forget it, it's easier with "Deck_"), otherwise the game won't read them. So, "TESTPHIL" can be the name of the deck's XML if you like, but not the name of the WAD.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby PhilistineAu » 30 Sep 2012, 09:52

I used your DLC as the guide for the box and card previews - thanks!

I believe I've worked out the naming format for the DeckText XML file you use in the TEXT_PERMANENT folder.

I named the file DECK_TEXTUID where UID is the unique ID from the deck XML file (opened and look for UID="1003"). Opening the DeckText XML file, I'm assuming the Ident cell needs to match the deck XML file. In my case, "DECK_DRAGONS". I left comment blank and then just named everything else "Phil's Dragons". Loaded it up and now the deck is displaying correctly.

I was able to get the transparency working by saving as you suggested. The reason the box art wasn't displaying was because I needed to have a "D_" in front of the file reference inside the Deck XML file. I only included the EN_ preview card and it still loaded fine.

I now have a working deck with correct name, preview card and box art in game! Now all I need to do is work out what I can strip out of the WADEdit directory structure so that I can shrink down the size of these WAD files and upload them. :D
Last edited by PhilistineAu on 30 Sep 2012, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
PhilistineAu

Postby PhilistineAu » 30 Sep 2012, 10:39

Ok, so I stripped out everything except for the following subfolders under the Data All Platforms folder:
1. AI Personalities (left this alone as WADEdit seems to create this for each deck)
2. Art Assets --> Textures --> Decks (needed for your box art and preview card files)
3. Decks (your decklist)
4. Text Permanent (your in game name display)
5. Unlocks

Basically, all the card art, card XML files, sound effects etc were deleted and the deck seems to load fine (I have not play tested yet but everything is displaying correctly in the in game Deck Manager). It reduced the WAD size from just over 28 MB, down to 450 kB.
PhilistineAu

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities