It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:03

Text Size

DOTP 2013 Card Templater

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DOTP 2013 Card Templater

Postby kevlahnota » 30 Jul 2012, 04:47

Hi, This is my card template maker for DOTP 2013. It is still in beta status.

The database is in Access converted from gatherer extractor(up to M13).

How to use:

Type name of the card and hit enter(the text box in pink color).

Edit the values if you want then hit generate.

Export button saves the XML files in CM_OUT folder(it will be auto created at the application startup path)

This tool comes with auto subtype numbering (for localization, thanks to thefiremind ), and more_info badge tag for basic abilities, auto smart quotes and italicization for some cards.

It cannot parse the ability tag correctly for some cards (you need to edit them if the ability is static, triggered or utility)

Also english cards can be produced at the moment.

download link: http://code.google.com/p/dotp2013mod/downloads/list
kevlahnota
Programmer

Re: DOTP 2013 Card Templater

Postby Persee » 30 Jul 2012, 12:47

Great job Kev =D>

If you have the error : 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. (System.Data)
Install the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components if you have a 64-bit Office version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734

If you have a 32-bit version : just install the 32 bit version of the driver :
office 2010 : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&WT.mc_id=soc-n-[TR]-loc-[Services]-[farukc]&id=13255
Persee

Postby Emashzed » 09 Aug 2012, 13:24

I certainly don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've "pregenerated" XMLs for all cards for all blocks, files are available in this thread :
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7698

These XMLs contain text for all languages (when available), and basic characteristics.

Your generator is excellent work, and very easy to use, but I see many people creating english only cards, and I think it's a bit of a shame, since everything but scripting is basically already done :(
Emashzed

Postby Aiodren » 09 Aug 2012, 16:47

Emashzed wrote:I certainly don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've "pregenerated" XMLs for all cards for all blocks, files are available in this thread :
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7698

These XMLs contain text for all languages (when available), and basic characteristics.

Your generator is excellent work, and very easy to use, but I see many people creating english only cards, and I think it's a bit of a shame, since everything but scripting is basically already done :(
I think you did an amazing job with that and since you uploaded the xmls coding has become so much more convenient for me (i used the old deck editor to make templates and filled in the missing information by myself :oops: ). But i think your thread got a little lost in the fast moving programming talk board, so either it should be moved to utilities or get stickied, because i think many people just didn't know about your great work!
Aiodren

Return to Utilities