It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:11

Text Size

Here's my DotP2014 (web) generator (discontinued)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Here's my DotP2014 (web) generator

Postby Cath Colleoni » 06 Jul 2015, 02:05

Hi...I have just a simple question...I downloaded one card of this link that you pass to us (in xml., obviously) but...how I put this card in the Deck builder or in another plataform of build decks for dotp 2014? Tks
Cath Colleoni

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Jul 2015, 02:22

Cath Colleoni wrote:Hi...I have just a simple question...I downloaded one card of this link that you pass to us (in xml., obviously) but...how I put this card in the Deck builder or in another plataform of build decks for dotp 2014? Tks
Once you have the XML, it needs its more complicated abilities coded. If it only has simple abilities like flying, reach, and the sort, or a few more complicated ones like extort, then it'll be ready to go.

Once it's ready, open Riiak's Deck Builder and on the menu bar click 'Tools>Setup custom data folder'. Now that the deck builder has made a custom cards folder for you, open your game folder and you should see a new folder called "DATA_DLC_DECK_BUILDER_CUSTOM". Open it. Go into "DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS" and you find "CARDS". The XML files for cards go in that folder.

Up one folder from that, you'll have ART_ASSETS, and in that is ILLUSTRATIONS. Art files go in the illustrations folder (make sure they're tdx files). Their file name should be the ARTID value from the card. (If you have the CW, then you can skip the art and just give the card an artid value of CW# where # is the multiverseID for that card.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Jul 2015, 18:05

Edit: Wow. Didn't realize I'd put this in the wrong thread...
Last edited by Xander9009 on 22 Jul 2015, 18:58, edited 2 times in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Chakan » 22 Jul 2015, 18:44

I just wanted to point this out since nobody else has yet... Your generator no longer puts in flavor text, or if it does, it only adds like, one word. I'm cool with adding the flavor text myself, but I just wanted to let you know.
Chakan

Postby thefiremind » 22 Jul 2015, 22:58

Chakan wrote:I just wanted to point this out since nobody else has yet... Your generator no longer puts in flavor text, or if it does, it only adds like, one word. I'm cool with adding the flavor text myself, but I just wanted to let you know.
Thanks for letting me know! The problem is also in the newer tool (due to a change in Gatherer) and I didn't notice until now. Unfortunately I can't update this tool anymore because I lost the credentials.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Here's my DotP2014 (web) generator (discontinued)

Postby Chakan » 22 Jul 2015, 23:44

No problem, TFM. I wasn't aware there was a new tool out though for this kind of thing. I've been using your generator since I started converting cards about a year ago so I'm kind of just used to it now.
Chakan

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jul 2015, 04:35

Chakan wrote:No problem, TFM. I wasn't aware there was a new tool out though for this kind of thing. I've been using your generator since I started converting cards about a year ago so I'm kind of just used to it now.
If you didn't already find it, it's here: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=14736

Note that if you want a few extra features which are less well tested than the python scripts included, you can check my latest reply there for a script which will parse single line abilities (simple abilities, but which all appear on a single line are not parsed by default, such as ), a lot (should be all, thanks to Riiak) protection abilities, abilities that are always the same but use the card's name (Akoum Refuge), and I just added some more counter type abilities (Carnifex Demon). TFM also links to it in the OP.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Chakan » 24 Jul 2015, 02:46

Thanks for the help Xander, but I found the program yesterday when TFM mentioned something of a new generator, just the download link was down then and when I tried to download it from Mega, my browser (Chrome) blocked it.
Chakan

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Jul 2015, 02:48

Chakan wrote:Thanks for the help Xander, but I found the program yesterday when TFM mentioned something of a new generator, just the download link was down then and when I tried to download it from Mega, my browser (Chrome) blocked it.
Yeah, I mentioned in my latest comment there how to get around it. (I've used it myself, plus it's directly from TFM, so I can say with surety it's safe.)

Go to your chrome settings and find the checkbox that talks about phishing and malware. Uncheck it. Download file. Check the box.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Cath Colleoni » 24 Jul 2015, 02:54

Xander, how I put other effects in cards? (ex: prowl, reduce costs of mana, etc) I can put cards into the deck builder, but lack put those effects that do not come with the xml
Cath Colleoni

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Jul 2015, 03:14

Cath Colleoni wrote:Xander, how I put other effects in cards? (ex: prowl, reduce costs of mana, etc) I can put cards into the deck builder, but lack put those effects that do not come with the xml
This isn't really the place for it, so if you have any follow up questions, asking in the CW thread, the Formal Request Thread, or starting a new one would probably be better. But the basics are to find another card that is already coded and does the same thing or something very similar, and then copy the code from the working card to the one the generator gave you. Tweak it until it works properly and you've got your card. As you do this, you'll pick up how to make different and more tweaks so you can code more and more cards that are more and more different from those already coded. Oh, and another important step is to not be afraid to ask questions when you're stumped. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Cath Colleoni » 24 Jul 2015, 03:22

Excuse me. This will not happen again
Cath Colleoni

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Jul 2015, 03:25

Cath Colleoni wrote:Excuse me. This will not happen again
No worries. It wasn't an admonishment. It was just advice. More people frequent those threads and areas, so there will be more people who will see it and be able to help.
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to Utilities