It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:58

Text Size

Here's my DotP2014 (web) generator (discontinued)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Here's my DotP2014 (web) generator

Postby thefiremind » 12 Sep 2013, 13:24

Drakno wrote:the effect is probably correct since Emeria, the Sky Ruin is a rather simple card
Raging Goblin is a simple card, Yavimaya Wurm is a simple card... Emeria, the Sky Ruin isn't. You'll download the card with no code at all.
Drakno wrote:what do I do with that text from then on and what programs do I need?
You would need to add the missing code first. What to do next is something that this topic should have already explained:
viewtopic.php?f=109&t=11680
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 22 Sep 2013, 00:10

hey firemind, can any of the new abilites gonna be implemented in your web generator ? like extort,devotion,cipher
drleg3nd

Postby thefiremind » 22 Sep 2013, 00:30

drleg3nd wrote:hey firemind, can any of the new abilites gonna be implemented in your web generator ? like extort,devotion,cipher
Devotion depends on what else the card says, I can't code one devotion ability that always works. That could be done for extort and cipher, but I chose to avoid adding abilities that need custom localised text for their queries. Extort can be copied from the Formal Request Thread or from other modders' cards anyway, and cipher can be copied from the official cards (the queries will ask you if you want to cast a copy of a different card, but aside from that, the ability will work).
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 22 Sep 2013, 01:04

thefiremind wrote:
drleg3nd wrote:hey firemind, can any of the new abilites gonna be implemented in your web generator ? like extort,devotion,cipher
Devotion depends on what else the card says, I can't code one devotion ability that always works. That could be done for extort and cipher, but I chose to avoid adding abilities that need custom localised text for their queries. Extort can be copied from the Formal Request Thread or from other modders' cards anyway, and cipher can be copied from the official cards (the queries will ask you if you want to cast a copy of a different card, but aside from that, the ability will work).
thx for reply , i was using those as examples but you mention earlier you will be adding more abilites in the future..so i was just inquiring about that.
drleg3nd

Postby MC Brodie » 08 Feb 2014, 07:48

I received the following error last night:
Error | Open
HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /gen. Reason:

Java heap space
Caused by:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Sorry, just read your "Known Bugs" list on the first page. FYI, I was searching for Ophidian Eye.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby BloodReyvyn » 26 Feb 2014, 03:09

Just dawned on me I been using this card generator forever and never said Thanks... so, yeah Thanks a million, makes making cards a LOT easier. :)
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Jun 2014, 08:15

Gatherer's recent update seems to have broken the generator's ability to add the ability blocks to the cards. It still seems to work for everything else on the cards (though I haven't tested any of the cards made with it yet, so something else might be off and I just didn't notice it), but the abilities that it would add, including everything from flying (which it would fully code, as simple flying is) to the empty place-holder blocks with just the text for the complicated abilities, are no longer being added to the card. Just thought I'd make sure you're aware.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 01 Jul 2014, 06:25, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 27 Jun 2014, 08:24

Xander9009 wrote:Gatherer's recent update seems to have broken the ability to add the abilities. It still seems to work for everything else (though I haven't tested any of the cards made with it yet, so something else might be off and I just didn't notice it), but the abilities that it would add, including just the empty blocks with the text, are no longer being added to the card. Just thought I'd make sure you're aware.
Thanks for the input. The truth is that I recently worked on something better, a non-web generator that accepts plugins written in Python (a scripting language like Lua) so that people can make it work for different input sites and different output versions of DotP. Recently... but not recently enough, because I made it before the Wizards' site overhaul. #-o So I'll probably update my latest creation and let this one die. I can't give an ETA for that, though.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Jun 2014, 08:31

Alright, cool. Well, until then, I imagine we'll survive having to type out a little more than usual. Not that I imagine too many more will be made for 2014 anyway... unless we're unable to mod 2015, that is. Good luck with the new project.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Jul 2014, 06:36

Out of curiosity, the new tool you're making will be downloaded and run locally (though it will pull in data from the web)? (It's phrased as a statement, but I assure you it's a question.) I rather like the web-based generator you already made, but if that's how the new one is going to work, then I might use it (assuming it'll accept command line parameters) to batch-create all of the simple cards. I actually made my own crappy, primitive card generator of sorts (just to flex AHK's muscles, see what it could do), and it turned out it could actually do everything necessary for that. So, if yours is downloaded and accepts command-line parameters, I might be able to save myself a bunch of effort (thanks to your current efforts) by letting your generator produce the code. (I'm referring to making cards for DotP: 2015.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 01 Jul 2014, 07:49

Xander9009 wrote:Out of curiosity, the new tool you're making will be downloaded and run locally (though it will pull in data from the web)?
Yes, I'm making it in C# (like RiiakShiNal's deck builder).

Xander9009 wrote:I might use it (assuming it'll accept command line parameters) to batch-create all of the simple cards.
I didn't plan on supporting a batch mode (given how I made my tool, the step isn't as small as someone could imagine). I'll see if I can find a good way to support it.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Jul 2014, 14:17

Oh, I didn't actually mean for you to do it (though I won't object if you decide to). I just meant that if your generator can accept command-line parameters, then the scripts I already have would be able to use it for batch creation. It's similar to how the card image converter packaged with Gibbed Tools doesn't inherently support batch conversion, but I used it to convert all of the card images in the CCGHQ download in one go. So, basically I mean if I could type
Code: Select all
Generator.exe "Blaze"
or
Generator.exe {MultiverseID}
and get back either the code (perhaps in clipboard format or as a saved file), then the automation for batch creation will be simple. I have no idea how to accept command line parameters in C# though. I only recently learned how to in AHK.

I'm also curious about how advanced you're planning for it to be. If you don't know yet, no worries. Specifically, I was wondering how many abilities will be possible to auto-code. I've started a list (which I was initially going to use with my generator) for which keyword abilities are possible, and while they would get rather complicated, they're certainly do-able in most cases. It sounds like it might be possible for me to write my own plugin to make it auto-code any ability that I can figure out how to code in the first place. Is that somewhat accurate at all?

As a side note, though I doubt you'll be really interested, I have plenty of free time. If you want a hand with anything, let me know. Though, I haven't worked in C# in a couple of years (and I'm certainly no professional, coding/programming is just a hobby for me). Just so you know, the offer is there.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Jul 2014, 15:29

Xander9009 wrote:I have no idea how to accept command line parameters in C# though. I only recently learned how to in AHK.
Getting command line parameters is pretty simple with 3 ways to do it.
  1. You can modify the Main() function to accept a string[] args parameter. Such as:
    static int Main(string[] args)
  2. You can use Environment.CommandLine at any point in the program (returns a single string).
  3. You can use Environment.GetCommandLineArgs() at any point in the program (returns an array of strings).

Though you still have to put in the logic to process the string/arguments (this can be a bit time consuming if you want the parameters to be very flexible).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 03 Jul 2014, 16:03

After seeing that the fix was very small, I decided to fix the web generator as well. You can go on using it as much as you want. In the meantime, I'm still thinking about a way to implement batch processing in my new application (without rewriting it almost entirely :P).
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 03 Jul 2014, 16:33

That's fantastic news :) Especially since I need to re-code most of the cards I previously coded.

EDIT: Any chance you have a list of the abilities your generator automatically completes? I'm making a utility to point at a card's file and attempt to add in more abilities. Unfortunately, I don't know which ones I can safely ignore. I know:
  • Flying
  • Trample
  • Vigilance
  • Battle cry
  • Deathtouch
  • Defender
  • Exalted
  • Extort
  • First Strike
  • Double Strike
  • Flash
  • Hexproof
  • Intimidate
  • Lifelink
  • Undying
  • Persist
  • Shroud
  • Unleash
  • Wither
And I'm even certain about all of those. Which ones did I miss?
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities