It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:40

Text Size

BotArena Feedback

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena Feedback

Postby Spatzi » 03 Oct 2012, 15:13

Another feature that would be great is the ablity to load deck lists to make a deck, (like load from clipboard available in cocatrice) instead of manually searching for and inputting each card one at a time and then saving the card list. I have been making more pre con decks like the sparkler, groundbreaker, reality fracture, hold the line. (happy to share all these lists, as I intend to do as many original precons/event deck txt files as I can)

The problem is also that these decks are often missing key cards as they are not in the database yet. (ex: all innistrad armors that give bonuses to humans only) I put in substitutes to fill out these decks.
Spatzi

Postby FranAvalon » 03 Oct 2012, 16:25

An easy way to add decks to BA is open the notepad, copy and paste the deck on it and save the file. If you want add dideboard you must put # before sideboard word.
BA will remove all useless text and of course non supported cards
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 05 Oct 2012, 21:34

I even have, for testing purposes, some python scripts that build, from prepared files, decks which combine all cards from arbitrary two sets and arbitrary two colors :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby neongecko06 » 21 Oct 2012, 17:07

I don't know if this is a bug or I missed something, but when I play Necrologia - and this is after I discovered I had to click my end step symbol and turn it red so's it wouldn't autoskip - it says it resolves, but it doesn't give me any command or anything to choose how much life I want to spend.
neongecko06

Postby FranAvalon » 21 Oct 2012, 18:59

neongecko06 wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or I missed something, but when I play Necrologia - and this is after I discovered I had to click my end step symbol and turn it red so's it wouldn't autoskip - it says it resolves, but it doesn't give me any command or anything to choose how much life I want to spend.
I see the bug. You can see a large list on action list, but only the last two has the life payed. I will check it, but i don't promise that I can fix it easily.
And please, report bugs on Bugs thread. Thx
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby neongecko06 » 22 Oct 2012, 19:58

FranAvalon wrote:
neongecko06 wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or I missed something, but when I play Necrologia - and this is after I discovered I had to click my end step symbol and turn it red so's it wouldn't autoskip - it says it resolves, but it doesn't give me any command or anything to choose how much life I want to spend.
I see the bug. You can see a large list on action list, but only the last two has the life payed. I will check it, but i don't promise that I can fix it easily.
And please, report bugs on Bugs thread. Thx
I will, I just thought I was doing something wrong here.
neongecko06

Postby FranAvalon » 22 Oct 2012, 20:12

I don't found the problem, so no idea how to fix it. Also affects other cards with pay life as a cost. For now, you can count the options on action window. First one is X=0, if I am not wrong. I know that this is not ok, but at least do the card playable #-o
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby felixalexander26 » 07 Nov 2012, 06:07

I Love this program, the AI is awesome.
But i was wondering if there's a way to make new set files for it?
Planeswalking os fun, But not always easy.
felixalexander26

Postby FranAvalon » 07 Nov 2012, 12:38

felixalexander26 wrote:I Love this program, the AI is awesome.
But i was wondering if there's a way to make new set files for it?
Thx. we love it too :D

About new set, I guess that you are talking about custom sets,because the only "sets" that we are missing now are chronicles, alpha and beta, and a lot of Duel decks. The answer is yes, but in the same way that we add new sets to the app, as for example the custom cards present in BOA set.
BA isn't modular and external sets can't be added from outside of the source code, because the cards must be compiled using the rules from MagicCore. Other magic app using parser approach, but that can't be used neither. Each card must be hardcoded (some cards are really easy to do). I think that somewhere on the board, I posted a card code as example.

IMHO, mtg has over 13000 different cards, a high number to enjoy with, and we are missing over 2500, a lot of work to do yet. If you are interested in colaborate with us, just tell me.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby NoFrets » 07 Nov 2012, 13:40

I discovered this a couple hours ago and I already think it is awesome!

The two things that works for me are the AI/enforced rules combined with the sealed format (and the nearly endless card pool is of course quite nice, too)...

I made a quick match with an RTR sealed deck (mirrored by the AI), it went quite smooth with a couple of exceptions - surely I don't know yet how to do some things, others may be bugs, I'll post them in the appropriate topics. I couldn't finish the game due to a crash, sadly, but oh well.

Kudos for the great job, I will surely follow the developments... =D>
NoFrets

Postby FranAvalon » 07 Nov 2012, 16:13

Thx for your feedback. We are happy that you like it :D
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby felixalexander26 » 08 Nov 2012, 06:25

FranAvalon wrote:

IMHO, mtg has over 13000 different cards, a high number to enjoy with, and we are missing over 2500, a lot of work to do yet. If you are interested in colaborate with us, just tell me.
If I can help with anything , I will.

And the custom set question was mainly because I make Cards using MSE(Magic Set Editor) sometimes and I wanted to possibly put them in the game.
felixalexander26

Postby FranAvalon » 08 Nov 2012, 15:34

We need people to work on the code. Do you want try to tinker with BA's code? A lot of things can be done as for example add new cards, fix bugs or even change the user interface, deckbuilder...
If you have a small knowledge of coding, you could try it.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby felixalexander26 » 08 Nov 2012, 22:15

FranAvalon wrote:We need people to work on the code. Do you want try to tinker with BA's code? A lot of things can be done as for example add new cards, fix bugs or even change the user interface, deckbuilder...
If you have a small knowledge of coding, you could try it.
I'll do what i can with the code, but do i need any special program or anything?
felixalexander26

Previous

Return to BotArena and DeckBot