It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:17

Text Size

BotArena goes to Open Source

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

BotArena goes to Open Source

Postby FranAvalon » 15 Nov 2012, 16:45

Hi.

After years of closed development of the BA project, we've decided open the development of this app to all members of this awesome magic community.

IMHO, this project is a very advanced one, with more than 10k cards supported, a very competitive AI, which is using MinMax Alpha-Beta prunning and a not very good but usefull UI, and is growing all the time. Currently, we are four developers with very low free time and the amount of work to do is outside of our capacity, so we think that the correct step is open the project to all of you.

If you are interested in colaborate with the project or just tinker with the code you can check this board for tutorials and how download the source code: link

Also, I asked to Huggy for new boards for the project. As you can see now we have several boards under BotArena one to post all the bugs that the community can found on the project, so please use their to post your bugs. That will be do more easily our life to track and fix all BA's bugs.

We have our own list of bugs reported for some of the slightlymagic users and for us as well. I will try to post this huge list of bugs slowly (I don't have a lot of free time) on this forum.

Thanks for reading and I hope that you enjoy as we with this app.

Fran
FranAvalon
Programmer

Re: BotArena goes to Open Source

Postby FranAvalon » 17 Nov 2012, 17:29

Bug list posting progress...

Card bugs: DONE
Engine Bugs: DONE
UI and IA issues: DONE
FranAvalon
Programmer

Re: BotArena goes to Open Source

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Nov 2012, 22:20

Congratulations and thank you to the BotArena team!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to BotArena and DeckBot