It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:49

Text Size

Split cards and counterspells

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Split cards and counterspells

Postby FranAvalon » 17 Nov 2012, 09:50

I can counter either half of Fire // Ice with either a Blue Elemental Blast or a Red Elemental Blast. I should only be able to use a Blue Elemental Blast on the Fire half and a Red Elemental Blast on the Ice half.

Quote:
708.2. In every zone except the stack, split cards have two sets of characteristics and two converted mana costs. As long as a split card is a spell on the stack, only the characteristics of the half being cast exist. The other half's characteristics are treated as though they didn't exist.

The reason of this is that the color definition of split cards results from all parts of the card. So in the example of "Fire // Ice" there are two spells in the card code, Fire with {1R} and Ice with {1U} and together the card is a blue and red spell and can be countered by both Elemental Blasts.

We need to find a way to truly split such cards to fix this problem.

I have changed this report to an engine bug, because all such cards are affected by this problem.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Return to Engine Bugs