It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:53

Text Size

Gwar's Tweaked ProxyGen (OLD THREAD DO NOT USE)

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Gwar's Tweaked ProxyGen (JTMS, M12 and Commander done!)

Postby skibulk » 25 Oct 2012, 12:32

You get some decent resolution outline images at the end of the Guild Quiz. Here's all 10 images on Rapidshare. It is a lot of work to vectorize 10 symbols though. I'm going to hold out for a few weeks to see if Wizards posts sufficient quality images on their own.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 29 Oct 2012, 06:58

Best location for the guild symbols are in the guild fan kits. Go to http://www.guildsofravnica.com and click through to any guild. Right at the bottom (above the t-shirt link), you'll see the fan kit download. Inside each kit you'll find a lot of goodies including the guild's logo in 3 versions: White, Black and Coloured. Plus, they're PNGs.

Enjoy!
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby deicidemilan » 29 Oct 2012, 15:02

deicidemilan

Postby Andy9973 » 30 Oct 2012, 14:40

I have a little problem with the generator again.

I have downloaded the rarity symbols of the latest sets from this thread. I've added the set infos in the data/sets.txt file.

But when I generate a pic I get something like this.

The set symbol doesn't show correctly (this is from the 2013 Core Set). Do I need to add anything else or is there an updated zip/rar file?

Edit: I tested some more. The only rarity symbols that doen't show up correctly are the Common symbols (M13, R2R, DDI).
I also tried deleting the files and unzipping the packed folders on the first page of this thread again, but this didn't solve the problem.
Andy9973

Postby Snacko » 16 Nov 2012, 23:27

skibulk wrote:
Snacko wrote:Also the new guild symbols will be needed.
The symbols are different? Do you have a source image to work from?

Edit: That Dryad Arbor is From the Vault Realms, not RTR. I don't think they'll use that design scheme again any time soon.
The new dot will be used quite often as it's officialy called color indicator and is supposed to show up on all cards that have no casting casting cost, so we will need this in all basic colors at least if not all duo colors. http://www.yawgatog.com/resources/magic-rules/#R204
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby skibulk » 17 Nov 2012, 00:00

What would the split color combinations be? Specifically, which colors would be upper left? Lets list them in Upper Left, Lower Right order. I.E. "RG" = red upper left, green lower right.

Edit: I assume they'll be the same order as the 2-color frames?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby BaconCatBug » 17 Nov 2012, 03:29

skibulk wrote:What would the split color combinations be? Specifically, which colors would be upper left? Lets list them in Upper Left, Lower Right order. I.E. "RG" = red upper left, green lower right.

Edit: I assume they'll be the same order as the 2-color frames?
Tthe only canon example is Garruk, the Veil-Cursed, which is divided with a / with the upper left being black and the bottom right being green, so it seems to be based off frame/mana symbol ordering.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Nyth » 18 Nov 2012, 09:55

Snacko wrote:The new dot will be used quite often as it's officialy called color indicator and is supposed to show up on all cards that have no casting casting cost, so we will need this in all basic colors at least if not all duo colors. http://www.yawgatog.com/resources/magic-rules/#R204
All older Spells/Cards that need the colour indicator added to them:
Time Spiral manaless spell cycle: Restore Balance, Ancestral Vision, Living End, Wheel of Fate, Hypergenesis
Future Sight: The Pacts (Intervention Pact, Pact of Negation, Slaughter Pact, Pact of the Titan, Summoner's Pact) and Dryad Arbor (which we've now seen reprinted with the colour indicator in FTVRealms)
Saviors of Kamigawa: Evermind
Legends: All the lovely (0) mana Kobolds - Crimson Kobolds, Crookshank Kobolds and Kobolds of Kher Keep

All of these have monocoloured indicators which we've already seen in INN and DKA so there's no issues recreating them.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 26 Nov 2012, 20:30

Here are the color indicators.
Attachments
indicators.zip
15 PNG Symbols & PSCS5 Template
(352.65 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 27 Nov 2012, 13:51

Can't forget Transguild Courier:

skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 28 Nov 2012, 06:17

I thought I'd forgotten something. I was only looking for manaless cards that were coloured.

I also have the sneakiest feeling that this colour "wheel" needs to be rotated to match the starting position of white in its usual placement (see back of any Magic card). Any thoughts?

Now this gets me wondering whether we need to create all the possible combinations including the 10 tricolour indicators and 5 four colour indicators.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 28 Nov 2012, 14:08

Nyth wrote:I thought I'd forgotten something. I was only looking for manaless cards that were coloured.

I also have the sneakiest feeling that this colour "wheel" needs to be rotated to match the starting position of white in its usual placement (see back of any Magic card). Any thoughts?

Now this gets me wondering whether we need to create all the possible combinations including the 10 tricolour indicators and 5 four colour indicators.
Well I thought about the other combinations while creating this one. The thing is that the two-color symbol is designed at a 45 degree angle so that the color on the top left correlates to the color of the frame on the left half. It feels to me like we're abandoning a left-to-right design for a top-to-bottom design. I'm not sure which route Wizards would take; what do you guys think feels best:

Progression 1:

Progression 2:
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby BaconCatBug » 28 Nov 2012, 17:15

Well, there are no 3/4/5 colour cards without mana costs and I really don't think WotC would ever make them. The only 5 colour one is Transguild Courier (which has a mana cost :P) and that has a gold frame (to be replaced by a Reaper King artfact/gold frame if it's ever reprinted) so I think it would have the traditional 5 colour wheel with White at the top.

Personally, I like progression 1 for 3 colours but progression 2 for 4 and 5 colour.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby skibulk » 28 Nov 2012, 18:36

Well I added the dividers in both flavers to the Template. If we ever need them somebody can save them out - I'm not going to spend any more time on this right now.
Attachments
Indicator Template.zip
PSCS6; Updated with 2-3-4-5 dividers
(78.04 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Snacko » 28 Nov 2012, 23:46

I think it turned out very well. Here's an example for Transguild Courier
Snacko
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to HQ Card Generator