It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:48

Text Size

Giving any number of colors to a card (statically)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Giving any number of colors to a card (statically)

Postby thefiremind » 12 Jan 2013, 17:10

By looking at the token created by Godsire I discovered that it's possible to add any number of colors as <COLOUR value="..." />, as long as the COLOUR block is positioned after the CASTING_COST block (though this isn't true on the Godsire token, maybe the order is unimportant on tokens?).

The most complete example of what can be done with this information is Transguild Courier:
Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="TRANSGUILD_COURIER_107362" />
  <CARDNAME text="TRANSGUILD_COURIER" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Transguild Courier]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Corriere Transgilda]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Kurier zwischen den Gilden]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Messager transguilde]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Mensajero transgremial]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[ギルド渡りの急使]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Transguild Courier]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Межгильдейский курьер]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Enviado Entreguilda]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="107362" />
  <ARTID value="A107362" />
  <ARTIST name="John Avon" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{4}" />
  <COLOUR value="WUBRG" />
  <FLAVOURTEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Reluctant to meet face to face, the leaders of the ten guilds prefer to do official business through a go-between immune to bribes and threats.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Riluttanti a incontrarsi faccia a faccia, i capi delle dieci gilde preferiscono condurre gli affari ufficiali attraverso intermediari immuni alla corruzione e alle minacce.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Da sie sich nur widerwillig treffen, bevorzugen es die Oberhäupter der zehn Gilden, offizielle Geschäfte über einen Mittelsmann abzuwickeln, der immun gegen Bestechungsversuche und Drohungen ist.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Hésitant à se réunir, les dirigeants des dix guildes préfèrent mener les affaires officielles à l’aide d’un intermédiaire incorruptible et insensible aux menaces.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Reticentes a encontrarse cara a cara, los líderes de los diez gremios prefieren tratar los asuntos oficiales a través de un mensajero inmune a los sobornos y amenazas.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[正面切って会うことを望まない十のギルドの長は、賄賂や脅しの効かない仲介者を使って公的業務を行うことを好む。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Reluctant to meet face to face, the leaders of the ten guilds prefer to do official business through a go-between immune to bribes and threats.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Лидеры десяти гильдий не слишком жаждут встречаться лицом к лицу; они предпочитают вершить обоюдные дела через посредника, которого невозможно подкупить или запугать.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Relutantes de encontrar-se face a face, os líderes das dez guildas preferem realizar seus negócios oficiais por meio de um intermediário imune a subornos e ameaças.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </FLAVOURTEXT>
  <TYPE metaname="Artifact" />
  <TYPE metaname="Creature" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Golem" />
  <EXPANSION value="DIS" />
  <RARITY metaname="U" />
  <POWER value="3" />
  <TOUGHNESS value="3" />
  <STATIC_ABILITY internal="1">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Transguild Courier is all colors.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Il Corriere Transgilda è di tutti i colori.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Der Kurier zwischen den Gilden hat alle Farben.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Le Messager transguilde est de toutes les couleurs.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[El Mensajero transgremial es de todos los colores.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[ギルド渡りの急使はすべての色である。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Transguild Courier is all colors.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Межгильдейский курьер обладает всеми цветами.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Enviado Entreguilda é de todas as cores.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <SFX text="COMBAT_CLAW_LARGE_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="4" power_boundary_max="-1" />
  <SFX text="COMBAT_CLAW_SMALL_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="1" power_boundary_max="3" />
</CARD_V2>
I inserted it in a test deck and looked at the deck list: the card appears with the artifact golden frame, as expected. :D
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Giving any number of colors to a card (statically)

Postby RiiakShiNal » 12 Jan 2013, 17:30

I'm glad my work came in handy, though we (BlindWillow, you and me) originally figured this out with Summoner's Pact in this thread (back in July 2012): Problem with Summoner's Pact (Card Frame Issue)

I had done the Beast token well before that (about 7 days) though so using multiple colours should have already been known. Though I forget where I got the idea to put multiple colours in the same tag or whether I just tried it out of curiosity.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 12 Jan 2013, 19:48

To be honest I was talking about the official Godsire token... it's been a while since the last time I looked around and see how the other mods are doing, and I was planning to do it, but I started from the official deck packs. :oops:
Anyway I'm still wondering if the official Godsire token seems to not care about the order because it's a token, or because of some update to the executable, or because of who knows what reason, yet I'm still too lazy to test the official Godsire and check the first hypothesis. :lol: At the moment I'm trying to assemble a "multicolor matters" deck (Jund Hackblade and the other cards of that cycle, Might of the Nephilim, etc.), that's why a working Transguild Courier was exactly what I needed.

RiiakShiNal wrote:Though I forget where I got the idea to put multiple colours in the same tag or whether I just tried it out of curiosity.
If it was out of curiosity, I hope your curiosity will go on discovering things! =D> :wink:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 13 Mar 2013, 13:42

Wait, so I can actually give Crumbling Necropolis its correct color??? I knew I should have checked for this. :lol:
NEMESiS

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Mar 2013, 13:55

Actually, Crumbling Necropolis doesn't have a color so you shouldn't have to give it one. It is a land and does not have color unless it is specifically given one by card text (which this one doesn't).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 13 Mar 2013, 14:06

RiiakShiNal wrote:Actually, Crumbling Necropolis doesn't have a color so you shouldn't have to give it one. It is a land and does not have color unless it is specifically given one by card text (which this one doesn't).
It actually does sort of have a color (I am referencing aesthetics ). Grixis cards have a yellow border:

Difference:

The difference is that it should not fill the whole outer side of it. It wont be perfect but it does look weird when its all pale though. I guess either choice is fine.
NEMESiS

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Mar 2013, 19:45

NEMESiS wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:Actually, Crumbling Necropolis doesn't have a color so you shouldn't have to give it one. It is a land and does not have color unless it is specifically given one by card text (which this one doesn't).
It actually does sort of have a color (I am referencing aesthetics ). Grixis cards have a yellow border:
But if you do this it will cause operation problems. For example if you give it black as one of the colors then it will be targetable by Northern Paladin when it should not be able to.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 14 Mar 2013, 12:55

I was thinking that that might be an issue as well. Oh well.
NEMESiS

Return to Programming Talk