It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:44

Text Size

AI card base value

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: AI card base value

Postby stassy » 24 Jan 2013, 17:36

Magic 2010, Magic 2011, Magic 2012, Scars of Mirrodin and Zendikar block are done, next in line will be Alara block
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 24 Jan 2013, 19:03

Nice pace Stassy.I can't wait for V3 or new update and all these cards ready for draft and better AI decisions.Draft has become my favourite format for the past few months and with Foolosophers work and yours now I am having and going to have so much fun and test at the same time so many different cards and sets. :D -
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 24 Jan 2013, 19:25

I wish I would know how to play draft though, I don't know if the ML2 draft page in the wiki is still valid :P
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 24 Jan 2013, 21:04

It is still valid with one exception something that doesn't work any more and it is on the wiki is the switcher - clean up draft decks button so after you have played the draft games you have to erase from your playdeck folder and from your magic folder the draft decks before you make another draft otherwise the AI draft decks will pile up and confuse you.

1- check the draft box.
2- start game.
3- draft begins choose 1- ignore rarity or 2- enforce rarity or 3- singleton ,select sets (the numbering system of the sets is the one of the csv)select 3 sets and then begin drafting your cards.(Be aware that some sets don't have enough cards to enforce rarity=(11+ Commons, 3+ Uncommons, 1+ Rares at least per set) or for singleton=120 cards coded at least).If a set doesn't have enough cards draft you will be warned for the error and draft will end.
4- go to the deck editor,search for Draft - Human.dck get rid of the junk,add as much basic lands you want and make a 40 card deck(AI decks are also 40 card decks)or bigger if you like.
5- Unfortunately it is not automated, so go to Solo Duel and select your deck and Draft Opponent 1.dck to Draft Opponent 7.dck
* 6- Another way is to remove your decks from the playdeck folder leave there only the draft decks and play Gauntlet.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby CirothUngol » 25 Jan 2013, 04:46

stassy wrote:Magic 2010, Magic 2011, Magic 2012, Scars of Mirrodin and Zendikar block are done, next in line will be Alara block
Huzzah!
I'm with AJ on this one... Draft is a great way to play Manalink, especially when you're unfamiliar with all of the new cards (like me). It often takes me 20-30 minutes to draft cards because I have to read nearly everything. ^_^
Having the AI build better PlayDecks will be really nice and might just make Draft my favorite way to play!
Aswan Jaguar wrote:... something that doesn't work any more and it is on the wiki is the switcher - clean up draft decks button so after you have played the draft games you have to erase from your playdeck folder and from your magic folder the draft decks before you make another draft otherwise the AI draft decks will pile up and confuse you.
Yea, I hated having to do that too... so I've whipped up a BatchScript to do it for us. Just place it either in your Manalink Program folder or any folder above it, then click it to remove all of the old Draft PlayDecks.

You can either Copy & Paste:
Code: Select all
@ECHO OFF
:: Manalink Draft PlayDeck Deleter v0.1
:: written for the CCGHQ Manalink Forums
:: by CirothUngol January 24, 2013
SETLOCAL EnableExtensions DisableDelayedExpansion
PUSHD %~dp0

:: Find Manalink Folder
SET mlDir=
FOR /R %%A IN (Magic.exe) DO (
   IF EXIST "%%A" SET mlDir=%%~dpA
)
IF DEFINED mlDir GOTO :Found
GOTO :Quit

:Found
PUSHD "%mlDir%"
DEL ".\Draft - Human*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
DEL ".\PlayDeck\Draft - Human*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
FOR /L %%A IN (1,1,7) DO (
   DEL ".\Draft Opponent %%A*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
   DEL ".\PlayDeck\Draft Opponent %%A*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
)
POPD
GOTO :Quit

:Quit
POPD
ENDLOCAL

EXIT /b
...or download Delete_Drafts.cmd below.
Attachments
Delete_Drafts.cmd.zip
WinNT BatchScript to automatically remove old Draft PlayDecks from the Manalink Program folder.
(490 Bytes) Downloaded 324 times
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Jan 2013, 05:36

Thanks CirothUngol I really appreciate it,in fact I had asked Foolosopher if he could implement this,so wish is granted thanks to you. =D>
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 25 Jan 2013, 15:33

*cough* would be a good idea to integrate it into your complete install Ciroth *cough*

Also by doing that ranking, it does forces me to read all the cards :D
stassy

Postby stassy » 25 Jan 2013, 18:58

Alara block done, Lorwyn–Shadowmoor block is next
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 26 Jan 2013, 01:03

stassy wrote:*cough* would be a good idea to integrate it into your complete install Ciroth *cough*
Sure, if others will also find it useful. I'll try to include it in the next install script.

Lorwyn is next? Elves! Hooray!

I've run into an issue where Draft doesn't work in WinXP, either on a VMWare Virtual App or on a real WinXPsp3 PC that I play old games on. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, I'll mention it to foolosopher... works great on Win7x64, though.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Jan 2013, 09:22

I do have windows XP and have no problems whatsoever.
Could it be that you selected draft (check draft box) the draft ended or finished and you tried again with the selected from previous draft, box to draft?Because for some reason it doesn't work you have to select another box and then reselect Draft to begin a new draft game or end Manalink and restart it.

@CirothUngol the Delete_draft doesn't seem to work for me,I have tried main "magic" folder,a folder above,in playdeck folder but without result.I have used the Delete_Drafts.cmd.zip.Could it be that it searches for a Magic folder because I have more than one installations and can't all be named Magic. :wink:
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby CirothUngol » 29 Jan 2013, 02:18

Aswan jaguar wrote:I do have windows XP and have no problems whatsoever. Could it be...
No, I'm crashing in WinXP right after selecting the Rarity for the Draft (Ignore, Enforce, or Singleton). No helpful error message either, it just says that Manalink has encountered a problem and has to close. Since others don't experience it, I'll assume it's specific to my "Complete Install"... which may turn out to be an obvious misnomer. ^_^
I'll look into it and see if I can identify the issue. Probably a missing file. If you'd care to try it, please grab the latest download at one of my signature links and see if you can run Draft using the latest install. I'd just like to assure that it's the Install and not Me
Delete_draft doesn't seem to work for me...
Hmm... perhaps it might be finding the wrong folder. It searches the current folder and all the folders beneath it for the file Magic.exe, and changes folder to the LAST instance that was found before attempting to remove the PlayDecks. If placed in the Magic Program Folder (i.e. the same folder where Magic.exe is found), it should find and delete the Draft Decks... unless you have additional install folders beneath that folder, which would be weird.

This could stem from my attempt to make the file relocatable and semi-smart. If you still have no luck using it, I can easily make one in a much more direct fashion that will either require it to be in a specific folder:
@ECHO OFF
:: Manalink Draft PlayDeck Deleter v0.1a
:: by CirothUngol January 28, 2013
PUSHD %~dp0

:: Set Manalink Folder, . = current folder
SET mlDir=.
DEL "%mlDir%\Draft - Human*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
DEL "%mlDir%\Draft Opponent*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
DEL "%mlDir%\PlayDeck\Draft - Human*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
DEL "%mlDir%\PlayDeck\Draft Opponent*.dck" /F /Q 2>NUL
POPD
ENDLOCAL

EXIT /b
...or will simply delete ALL files beneath it whose FileName matches the Draft PlayDecks:
@ECHO OFF
:: Manalink Draft PlayDeck Deleter v0.1b
:: by CirothUngol January 28, 2013
PUSHD %~dp0
DEL "Draft - Human*.dck" /F /S /Q >NUL 2>&1
DEL "Draft Opponent*.dck" /F /S /Q >NUL 2>&1
POPD
ENDLOCAL

EXIT /b
...although, I'd still like to figure out why the first one isn't working for you, 'cause it should:

Is your executable named Magic.exe?
Do you have any executables named Magic.exe in folders beneath the Program Folder?
Are your Draft PlayDecks named as they are in the BatchScript?
What does you folder structure look like... anything unusual?
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Jan 2013, 04:49

Just a question why don't you make the cleaning tool to erase the draft.dck text files in main "magic" folder and the ones on playdeck folder?Then the ones on the executable won't be there either or at least when you restart Manalink. Maybe the tool erases the folders from magic.exe but not the actual decks,I am not at home to test.

1- My exe is called magic.
2- (I will check when at home)
3- yes.
4- (I will check when at home)
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 29 Jan 2013, 11:54

Lorwin block done, and I officially hate tribal cards now (so many cards downgraded because they can't be activated if you don't have an elf, a specter and a frog tapped with one blocking, one attacking and one phasing and all three entering a bar...seriously #-o ).

Next is Time Spiral block
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 29 Jan 2013, 14:12

@Aswan jaguar:
Try using v0.1a from the post above, it's more like you describe. I'm sure it will work (but then again, I was sure that the other one would work as well ^_^).

@Stassy:
Thanx again for undertaking this rather tedious task. All we draft players are indebted to you.

"An Elf, a Spectre, and a Frog walk into a bar..." I don't think I've heard that one.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Jan 2013, 15:13

CirothUngol wrote:
No, I'm crashing in WinXP right after selecting the Rarity for the Draft (Ignore, Enforce, or Singleton). No helpful error message either, it just says that Manalink has encountered a problem and has to close. Since others don't experience it, I'll assume it's specific to my "Complete Install"... which may turn out to be an obvious misnomer. ^_^
I'll look into it and see if I can identify the issue. Probably a missing file. If you'd care to try it, please grab the latest download at one of my signature links and see if you can run Draft using the latest install. I'd just like to assure that it's the Install and not Me
This sounds like you are using Time-Spiral.V1 without in fact the latest draft work of Foolosopher put into Time-Spiral.V2,try V2 and should be OK.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Development