It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:42

Text Size

Dual Lands Revisited

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Dual Lands Revisited

Postby Scion of Darkness » 08 Apr 2013, 13:46

I was thinking about the dual lands and i'm currently using the mana tokens with thefiremind code to stop the double season effect, but now i've seen this viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7845 made by thefiremind, is there a working better aproach for the dual lands? Like make them auto tap ( for me it makes no diferece but for the ai could be better, as i'm planning to mod the wayback quest and make one with my decks and some others made by the community ( i know this only works until wizard launch another quest because of the free slots, but for users like me that dont use online much means more fun hehehe)

*sorry for the bad english =P *
Scion of Darkness

Re: Dual Lands Revisited

Postby thefiremind » 08 Apr 2013, 14:38

Let's make an example: you control 1 Forest and 1 Simic Guildgate. In your hand there's an Elvish Warrior and a Zameck Guildmage. The gate could be useful for both its colors, it depends on what you want to cast. But how could the game know?
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 08 Apr 2013, 16:00

I know its a bit tricky but with your function that grants the least avaliable mana around, it could be usefull playing Zameck as U is the least mana available but if i have a forest will it grant me another forest as it isnt the least mana around? I dont have my pc here but i recal a birds of paradise_lam.xml that uses that function i know its a tricky question but could make the game even more user friendly, but i must say that your manapool check helps a lot here
Scion of Darkness

Postby thefiremind » 08 Apr 2013, 16:19

Scion of Darkness wrote:I know its a bit tricky but with your function that grants the least avaliable mana around, it could be usefull playing Zameck as U is the least mana available but if i have a forest will it grant me another forest as it isnt the least mana around?
OK, let's say that the gate will grant {U} ... and what if you definitely wanted to cast Elvish Warrior at that moment?

Scion of Darkness wrote:I dont have my pc here but i recal a birds of paradise_lam.xml that uses that function
That function was made for sunburst decks, where the mana you need is easily predictable: sunburst cares about using as many colors as possible, so you will always need a color that you don't have already. Nothing can predict what color you want in the example I made.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 08 Apr 2013, 20:49

Yeah i get it, maybe its better to keep your tokens they are easier to handle, but for example my sliver deck uses a lot of dual and 5 color lands is there a way to make the ai use them? Because the game puts them into play but dont use them
Scion of Darkness

Postby thefiremind » 08 Apr 2013, 21:59

Scion of Darkness wrote:is there a way to make the ai use them? Because the game puts them into play but dont use them
My tests with my mana tokens stopped where I could need them, that is in spells like Seething Song: the AI was using them with profit and I was happy with that. About other uses, I'm sure that other modders can answer you better than me, if there's a solution. The only advice I can give you is to try and add all the possible cases for AI_AVAILABILITY in the token-producing abilities:
Code: Select all
    <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="end_of_turn" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="main_1" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="main_2" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="declare_attackers" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="declare_blockers" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="upkeep" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="begin_combat" />
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 09 Apr 2013, 09:07

Thanks for the advice pal, ill make your changes and see if the AI grows a little smarter, its great to have modders like you to help people around here ;) i dont know if its already made or not but i have a personal folder with all the extracted cards from all the wads around here to help, is there a database of cards made or it could be beneficial if i made one ?
Scion of Darkness

Postby thefiremind » 09 Apr 2013, 09:10

Scion of Darkness wrote:i dont know if its already made or not but i have a personal folder with all the extracted cards from all the wads around here to help, is there a database of cards made or it could be beneficial if i made one ?
Many people requested such a database, so if you have it ready (or almost ready), it would be beneficial indeed.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 11 Apr 2013, 09:04

Fire i cant pm you but pm me ill send you the loggin
Scion of Darkness

Postby thefiremind » 11 Apr 2013, 09:23

Scion of Darkness wrote:Fire i cant pm you but pm me ill send you the loggin
Don't worry about me, I prefer to make the cards from scratch instead of using cards other people made, so I don't need that database, I just said that other people could need it. :wink:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 11 Apr 2013, 09:57

Yeah you're right ;), i'll change the post and put all the info for the guys here, if you have some you could share too it could be helpfull ;)
Scion of Darkness

Return to Programming Talk