It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:38

Text Size

Lands Only Request Thread

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Lands Only Request Thread

Postby Kieran » 28 Apr 2013, 22:54

First off, please don't be dismayed by the extensive list. This is more of a request for help creating the listed cards as opposed to an outright request for each and every card. But if someone is willing to provide full cards that would be appreciated. Obviously, a lot of decks can't function without lands so I believe this most basic card type deserves its own creation thread. Now, with that said and with Dragon's Maze official release impending I feel a strong urge (like many of you perhaps) to expand my mana base with more utility land to make and test some 3-color, 4-color, or full 5-color rainbow decks. Therefore, this is a request to ensure the availability of the mana needed to cast multi-colored spells for the aforementioned decks. This request / request for help is for the following lands:

Akoum Refuge (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Alchemist's Refuge (contributed by Blue Ghost)
Ancient Amphitheater
Ancient Tomb
Ancient Ziggurat
Arcane Sanctum (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Auntie's Hovel
Barbarian Ring
Blinkmoth Well
Bojuka Bog*
Boseiju, Who Shelters All*
Cabal Coffers* (contributed by Blue Ghost) :D
Cascade Bluffs *
Celestial Colonnade
Command Tower (I don't think this one is possible)
Contested Cliffs*
Crumbling Necropolis* (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Crypt of Agadeem*
Crystal Quarry*
Dakmor Salvage*
Dark Depths*
Desert
Deserted Temple
Dreadship Reef
Duskmantle, House of Shadow
Eiganjo Castle* (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Eldrazi Temple
Esper Panorama
Exotic Orchard* (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Faerie Conclave
Fetid Heath*
Fire-Lit Thicket*
Flagstones of Trokair
Flooded Grove*
Forbidden Orchard* (contributed by Blue Ghost) :D
Forbidding Watchtower
Fungal Reaches
Gargoyle Castle
Gemstone Caverns (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Gemstone Mine
Ghitu Encampment
Ghost Quarter*
Gilt-Leaf Palace
Glacial Chasm
Glimmervoid
Goblin Burrows*
Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai (disregard this one, it's already in the Data_Core)
Graven Cairns*
Graypelt Refuge
Grim Backwoods
Grove of the Burnwillows
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Hellion Crucible
High Market
Homeward Path
Horizon Canopy
Howltooth Hollow
Icatian Store
Irrigation Ditch
Island of Wak-Wak*
Jwar Isle Refuge (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Jungle Shrine* (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Kabira Crossroads
Keldon Megaliths*
Keldon Necropolis
Kher Keep
Kjeldoran Outpost
Kor Haven
Lake of the Dead (Contributed by AriesKiki) :D
Lantern-Lit Graveyard
Lavaclaw Reaches
Leechridden Swamp*
Llanowar Reborn*
Lotus Vale*
Madblind Mountain*
Magosi, the Waterveil*
Maze of Ith*
Maze of Shadows (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Mercadian Bazaar
Mikokoro, Center of the Sea*
Miren, the Moaning Well (disregard this one, I found it in BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC v5b mod)
Mishra's Factory
Mistveil Plains
Moonring Island
Mosswort Bridge
Mouth of Ronom
Murmuring Bosk
Mutavault
Mystic Gate*
Nantuko Monastery
New Benalia
Nivix, Aerie of the Firemind*
Novijen, Heart of Progress*
Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
Orzhova, the Church of Deals
Petrified Field*
Phyrexian Tower (contributed by AriesKiki) :D
Pillar of the Paruns (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Prahv, Spires of Order
Primal Beyond (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Quicksand
R&D's Secret Lair (LOL!)
Raging Ravine
Rainbow Vale
Reflecting Pool
River of Tears*
Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace*
Rugged Prairie
Ruins of Trokair
Rupture Spire
Rushwood Grove
Rustic Clachan
Safe Haven*
Salt Flats
Saltcrusted Steppe
Sapseep Forest*
Savage Lands* (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Scalding Tarn
Scrying Sheets
Seafarer's Quay (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Seaside Citadel*
Seaside Haven
Secluded Glen
Sejiri Steppe*
Seraph Sanctuary (disregard this one, it's already in the Data_Core)
Serra's Sanctum
Shelldock Isle
Sheltered Valley
Shimmering Grotto
Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep
Shivan Gorge
Shivan Reef
Shizo, Death's Storehouse
Skarrg, the Rage Pits
Skycloud Expanse
Smoldering Spires
Soaring Seacliff
Spawning Pool
Spinerock Knoll
Springjack Pasture
Stalking Stones
Starlit Sanctum
Stirring Wildwood
Stomping Ground (disregard this one, it's already in the Data_Core)
Strip Mine (disregard this one, it's already in the Data_Core)
Sulfur Vent
Sungrass Prairie
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
Sunken Ruins*
Svogthos, the Restless Tomb*
Svyelunite Temple
Swarmyard (disregard this one, it's already in the Data_Core)
Tainted Isle
Tectonic Edge
Teetering Peaks
Teferi's Isle
Temple of the False God
Tendo Ice Bridge
Terrain Generator
Thalakos Lowlands
Thespian's Stage
Timberline Ridge
Tolaria West
Tomb of Urami
Tower of the Magistrate*
Tranquil Garden
Transguild Promenade
Tree of Tales
Turntimber Grove
Twilight Mire
Undiscovered Paradise
Unholy Grotto
Unstable Frontier
Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper
Urborg
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Urza's Mine (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Urza's Power Plant (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Urza's Tower (Contributed by NEMESiS)
Veldt
Vesuva
Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree
Wanderwine Hub
Wasteland (Contributed by East Bay)
Windbrisk Heights (I'm not sure if this one is possible)
Winding Canyons
Wintermoon Mesa
Wirewood Lodge
Wizards' School
Wooded Bastion*
Wooded Foothills
Yavimaya Coast
Yavimaya Hollow
Zoetic Cavern

Cards that are Bold and with an * by their name are the ones I am fully requesting. However, I am hoping that this can turn out to be a learning experience we can all use to figure out how to make advance lands by looking @ the various codes and utilizing the different creative approaches used by community members.

I'll update this post with cards that are complete and also I understand that most cards on this list can be created by copying the code of other cards and making the necessary changes as per it's card text.

Some cards that have already been made I will be using as a template to fulfill this list are from left to right:

Dread Sanctuary > Celestial Colonnade > Faerie Conclave > Forbidding Watchtower > Ghitu Encampment
Nephalia Drownyard > Duskmantle, House of Shadow > Orzhova, the Church of Deals
Arid Mesa > Esper Panorama > Scalding Tarn... and so forth.

With such a large undertaking I'm starting to wonder where is the Donate button. Lol!

Again, this is more of a request for help making this list to further expidite the process of getting it completed as opposed to a request for every card on the list. If some of you can provide some cards I can take a look through the codes to change the mana-type for cards similiar. with that said, I'll try making the bulk of these cards myself but if anyone is willing to help in their creation that would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Kieran on 20 May 2013, 17:05, edited 16 times in total.
Kieran

Re: Lands Only Request Thread

Postby Kieran » 01 May 2013, 04:12

I've hit a snag with Grim Backwoods. Can someone take a look @ this code and tell me why I'm able to constantly use this cards' activated ability regardless of the colorless and mana cost. The 'activated ability' is working properly though. I am able to sac a creature and draw a card.

Grim Backwoods.jpg

Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="GRIM_BACKWOODS_270939" />
  <CARDNAME text="GRIM_BACKWOODS" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Grim Backwoods]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Sinistre forêt sauvage]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Montes siniestros]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Grimmiger Hinterwald]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Boscaglia Orrenda]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[不気味な辺境林]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[음산한 산간벽지]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Мрачная Глухомань]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Mata Sinistra]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="270939" />
  <ARTID value="A270939" />
  <ARTIST name="Vincent Proce" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="" />
  <FLAVOURTEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“I love what they’ve done with the place.”
Liliana Vess]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[« J’adore ! Auriez-vous le nom de leur jardinier ? »
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[“Me encanta lo que hicieron con el lugar.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[„Ich mag, was sie mit dem Ort gemacht haben.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[“Mi piace come hanno sistemato questo posto.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[「いいね。奴らがこの地にしでかした事は。」
――リリアナ・ヴェス]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[“이곳 참, 멋지게 해놓았군.”
—릴리아나 베스]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[«Мне нравится, как они здесь все изменили!».
— Лилиана Весс]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[“Gostei da decoração do lugar.”
  </FLAVOURTEXT>
  <TYPE metaname="Land" />
  <EXPANSION value="DKA" />
  <RARITY metaname="R" />
  <MANA_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{T} : Ajoutez {1} à votre réserve.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{T}: Agrega {1} a tu reserva de maná.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{T}: Erhöhe deinen Manavorrat um {1}.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{T}: Aggiungi {1} alla tua riserva di mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{T}:あなたのマナ・プールに{1}を加える。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{T}: {1}를 당신의 마나풀에 담는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{T}: добавьте {1} в ваше хранилище маны.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{T}: Adicione {1} à sua reserva de mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST type="TapSelf" />
    <PRODUCES amount="{1}" />
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, sacrifiez une créature : Piochez une carte.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, sacrificar una criatura: Roba una carta.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, opfere eine Kreatur: Ziehe eine Karte.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, Sacrifica una creatura: Pesca una carta.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, クリーチャーを1体生け贄に捧げる:カードを1枚引く。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, 생물 한 개를 희생한다: 카드 한 장을 뽑는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, пожертвуйте существо: возьмите карту.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{2}{B}{G}, {T}, Sacrifique uma criatura: Compre um card.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST type="Sacrifice">
    <COST type="Mana" cost="{2}{B}{G}" />
    <AVAILABILITY>
    return EffectController():CanAfford("{2}{B}{G}") == 1
    </AVAILABILITY>
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="6">
      local filter = Object():GetFilter()
      filter:Clear()
      filter:AddCardType( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
      filter:SetPlayer( EffectController() )
      filter:SetZone( ZONE_IN_PLAY )
      filter:SetHint( HINT_ENEMY, EffectController() )
      filter:NotTargetted()
      </TARGET_DEFINITION>
      <TARGET_DETERMINATION>
      return AtLeastOneTargetFromDefinition(6)
      </TARGET_DETERMINATION>
      <PLAYTIME>
      EffectController():ChooseTarget( 6, "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE_TO_SACRIFICE", EffectDC():Make_Targets(0) )
      </PLAYTIME></COST>
        <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         PlayerDrawCards( Object():GetPlayer(), 1 )
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
</CARD_V2>
Also, Crumbling Necropolis seems to be working for {U} and {B} mana but the game freezes and crashes when I choose to tap for {R}. Here is the code:

Crumbling Necropolis.jpg

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="CRUMBLING_NECROPOLIS_259265" />
  <CARDNAME text="CRUMBLING_NECROPOLIS" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Nécropole croulante]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Necrópolis desmoronándose]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Zerfallende Nekropolis]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Necropoli in Sfacelo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="259265" />
  <ARTID value="A259265" />
  <ARTIST name="Dave Kendall" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="" />
  <FLAVOURTEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“They say the ruins of Sedraxis were once a shining capital in Vithia. Now it is a blight, a place to be avoided by the living.”
—Olcot, Rider of Joffik]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[« On raconte que les ruines de Sedraxis sont les restes d’une capitale de Vithia autrefois scintillante. Aujourd’hui, c’est un fléau, un lieu que tous les vivants doivent éviter. »
—Olcot, cavalier de Joffik]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[“Dicen que las ruinas de Sedraxis fueron alguna vez la hermosa capital de Vithia. Ahora es un lugar desolador que los vivos deben evitar.”
—Olcot, jinete de Joffik]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[„Es wird gesagt, dass die Ruinen von Sedraxis einst die blühende Hauptstadt von Vithia waren. Jetzt sind sie verschandelt, ein Ort, den die Lebenden meiden.”
—Olcot, Reiter aus Joffik]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[“Dicono che le rovine di Sedraxis un tempo fossero una scintillante capitale in Vithia. Ora sono in degrado, un luogo che ogni essere vivente deve evitare.”
—Olcot, Cavaliere di Joffik]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[“They say the ruins of Sedraxis were once a shining capital in Vithia. Now it is a blight, a place to be avoided by the living.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[“They say the ruins of Sedraxis were once a shining capital in Vithia. Now it is a blight, a place to be avoided by the living.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[“They say the ruins of Sedraxis were once a shining capital in Vithia. Now it is a blight, a place to be avoided by the living.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[“They say the ruins of Sedraxis were once a shining capital in Vithia. Now it is a blight, a place to be avoided by the living.”
  </FLAVOURTEXT>
  <TYPE metaname="Land" />
  <EXPANSION value="DDH" />
  <RARITY metaname="U" />
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY internal="1" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis enters the battlefield tapped.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[La Nécropole croulante arrive sur le champ de bataille engagée.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[La Necrópolis desmoronándose entra al campo de batalla girada.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Die Zerfallende Nekropolis kommt getappt ins Spiel.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[La Necropoli in Sfacelo entra nel campo di battaglia TAPpata.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis enters the battlefield tapped.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis enters the battlefield tapped.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis enters the battlefield tapped.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Crumbling Necropolis enters the battlefield tapped.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
    <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_END" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" />
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    if TriggerObject() ~= nil then
       TriggerObject():ComesIntoPlayTapped() 
    end
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <MANA_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {U}, {B}, or {R} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{T} : Ajoutez {U}, {B} ou {R} à votre réserve.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{T}: Agrega {U}, {B}, o {R} a tu reserva de maná.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{T}: Erhöhe deinen Manavorrat um {U}, {B} oder {R}.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{T}: Aggiungi {U}, {B} o {R} alla tua riserva di mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {U}, {B}, or {R} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {U}, {B}, or {R} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {U}, {B}, or {R} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {U}, {B}, or {R} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST type="Mana" cost="{0}" />
    <AVAILABILITY>
      return Object():Tapped() == 0 and EffectController():IsAI() == 0
      </AVAILABILITY>
    <PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
      EffectController():BeginNewMultipleChoice()   
      EffectController():AddMultipleChoiceAnswer( "CARD_QUERY_OPTION_MANA_U" )   
      EffectController():AddMultipleChoiceAnswer( "CARD_QUERY_OPTION_MANA_B" )   
      EffectController():AddMultipleChoiceAnswer( "CARD_QUERY_OPTION_MANA_R" )   
      EffectController():AskMultipleChoiceQuestion( "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_COLOUR")
    </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
    <PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
      local decision = Object():GetMultipleChoiceResult()
      ObjectDC():Set_Int( 1, decision )
    </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY internal="1" pre_trigger="1" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" active_zone="ZONE_TRANSITION">
    <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_TRANSITION" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    return EffectController():IsAI() == 0
    </TRIGGER>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local colour = 0
    local mana_paid = EffectController():GetTotalMana() + 2
    local filter = Object():GetFilter()
    filter:Clear()
    filter:SetPlayer( EffectController() )
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_HAND )
    filter:AddColour( COLOUR_RED )
    filter:NotTargetted()
    local total = filter:EvaluateObjects()
    if total &gt; 0 then
      for i=0,total-1 do
        local card = filter:GetNthEvaluatedObject(i)             
        if card ~= nil then         
           if card:GetConvertedManaCost() &lt; mana_paid then   
             colour = 1
           end
        end
      end          
      end
    ObjectDC():Set_Int( 1, colour )
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY internal="1" pre_trigger="1" priority="-10" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <TRIGGER value="DREW_CARD" simple_qualifier="controller">
    local card = EffectController():Library_GetNth(0)
    local drawCard = MTG():Interrogate_CardsDrawnThisTurn(EffectController())
    if card ~= nil and drawCard == 0 then
       return TriggerPlayer() == EffectController()
    else
       return false
    end
    </TRIGGER>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local card = EffectController():Library_GetNth(0)
    if (card:GetCardName() == "BONFIRE_OF_THE_DAMNED" or card:GetCardName() == "REFORGE_THE_SOUL" or card:GetCardName() == "THUNDEROUS_WRATH") and EffectController():CanAfford("{R}") == 0 then
      ObjectDC():Set_Int( 1, 0 )
    elseif (card:GetCardName() == "TERMINUS" or card:GetCardName() == "BANISHING_STROKE") and EffectController():CanAfford("{W}") == 0 then
      ObjectDC():Set_Int( 1, 1 )
    end
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY internal="1" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <TRIGGER value="END_OF_STEP" simple_qualifier="controller">
    return (EffectController():IsAI() ~= 0) and (ObjectDC():Get_Int( 1 ) ~= 0)
    </TRIGGER>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    ObjectDC():Set_Int( 1, 0 )
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <STATIC_ABILITY filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="8">
    Object():GetCurrentCharacteristics():Characteristic_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_CANT_USE_ACTIVATED_ABILITIES, 0 )
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6">
    local colour = ObjectDC():Get_Int( 1 ) + 1
    if colour ~= 0 then
      local characteristics = Object():GetCurrentCharacteristics() 
       characteristics:GrantAbility(colour)
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <MANA_ABILITY resource_id="2" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <PRODUCES amount="{U}" />
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  <MANA_ABILITY resource_id="1" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <PRODUCES amount="{B}" />
    <PRODUCES amount="{R}" />
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY forced_skip="1" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <COST type="TapSelf" />
    <AVAILABILITY>
    return (EffectController():IsAI() ~= 0)
      </AVAILABILITY>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local token_count = 1
    if token_count &gt; 0 then
       MTG():PutTokensIntoPlay( "_TOKEN_R_624997", token_count, EffectController() )
    end
    <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="main_1" turn="my_turn" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="main_2" turn="my_turn" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="declare_blockers" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="end_of_turn" turn="their_turn" />
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
  <TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="_TOKEN_U_624995" />
  <TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="_TOKEN_B_624996" />
  <TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="_TOKEN_R_624997" />
</CARD_V2>
Wooded Bastion.jpg

Needless to say, I can't move forward with trying to code Wooded Bastion because I'm halted by trying to make the activated ability of Grim Backwoods trigger and trying to add extra mana to Crumbling Necropolis and get it to function. I'm not asking for a full tutorial from anyone but a little guidance and insight on my mistakes will surely put some wind beneath my wings so I can take flight and get this list underway.
Birds of Paradise.jpg

Edit: I noticed that while playing with a deck that had Birds of Paradise in it whenever I chose a color to use there was a badge that appeared indicating what color was currently in use. That indicator is great for 'at-a-glance' reference. I'm not sure who coded that particular card but I was wondering if it was possible to add that badge-producing code to land cards.

Crystal Quarry.jpg

Crystal Quarry is
Kieran

Postby thefiremind » 01 May 2013, 08:35

Both Grim Backwoods and Crumbling Necropolis have errors in the XML structure. The extraordinary thing is that you managed to do something that is right for what pertains XML structure, but has no sense for the game, that's why you could see the cards in your deck.

About Grim Backwoods, you pasted this:
    <COST type="Mana" cost="{2}{B}{G}" />
    <AVAILABILITY>
    return EffectController():CanAfford("{2}{B}{G}") == 1
    </AVAILABILITY>
right in the middle of the sacrifice cost. Move it before <COST type="Sacrifice"> or after </COST>. Besides, the correct availability is:
    <AVAILABILITY>
    return EffectController():CanAfford("{3}{B}{G}") == 1
    </AVAILABILITY>
this is needed because the game wrongly thinks that the mana from the land itself can be used to pay the ability cost, while you can't tap something for two reasons at once, of course.

About Crumbling Necropolis, you have 2 nested mana abilities:
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  </MANA_ABILITY>
Bring the {R} ability out of the {B} ability.

In short, you should be more careful while pasting code. :lol:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 May 2013, 13:47

Also with Crumbling Necropolis you have 2 mana abilities with resource_id="2" (Blue and Red), based on your question and how you retrieve the colour then all of the resource_ids are wrong. They should be:
    <PRODUCES amount="{U}" />
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  <MANA_ABILITY resource_id="3" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
  </MANA_ABILITY>
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Kieran » 01 May 2013, 14:22

Thanks for the the responses. I'll start correcting the problems right away. Alas, thefiremind, my Seaside Citadel is also reading as if both mana are available at all times. Indeed, I really do have to be more meticulous when I go ahead and C & P codes.

@ Riiak ShiNal: What is a 'resource ID' and what relevance does the numeric value hold sway over. From what you posted I gather that the numbers and colors are one in the same. Hmmm... does this mean that instead of placing a {U} {R} I can place {number}{number} and the game will read the numbers as colors? Or does the number 2 make it both (Blue and Red) at the at the same time?
Kieran

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 May 2013, 21:15

Kieran wrote:What is a 'resource ID' and what relevance does the numeric value hold sway over.
A resource_id is simply the numeric identifier given to a grantable ability. It is used with GrantAbility() so that the function knows which ability to grant. resource_ids must be unique on any given card. This means for example that if you have 2 cards then each card can have a resource_id="1", but on any single card you can't have two abilities with resource_id="1".

Kieran wrote:From what you posted I gather that the numbers and colors are one in the same. Hmmm... does this mean that instead of placing a {U} {R} I can place {number}{number} and the game will read the numbers as colors? Or does the number 2 make it both (Blue and Red) at the at the same time?
No, completely wrong. A number inside curly brackets indicates the amount of colourless mana, it can't be related to coloured mana.

You have a multiple choice question that you ask the user:
    <PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
      EffectController():BeginNewMultipleChoice()   
      EffectController():AddMultipleChoiceAnswer( "CARD_QUERY_OPTION_MANA_U" )   
      EffectController():AddMultipleChoiceAnswer( "CARD_QUERY_OPTION_MANA_B" )   
      EffectController():AddMultipleChoiceAnswer( "CARD_QUERY_OPTION_MANA_R" )   
      EffectController():AskMultipleChoiceQuestion( "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_COLOUR")
    </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
    <PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
      local decision = Object():GetMultipleChoiceResult()
      ObjectDC():Set_Int( 1, decision )
    </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
Notice that for the first option you have {U}, second option is {B}, and third option is {R}. The results you will get back from GetMultipleChoiceResult() will be 0 for {U}, 1 for {B}, and 2 for {R} based on your multiple choice question. You then store that result in the DC in index 1.

When you ask for the colour chosen later:
    local colour = ObjectDC():Get_Int( 1 ) + 1
    if colour ~= 0 then
      local characteristics = Object():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       characteristics:GrantAbility(colour)
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
You are adding 1 to the value you stored making 1 = {U}, 2 = {B}, and 3 = {R}. So to grant the proper ability with GrantAbility() you need to make sure your resource_ids match with the index you are getting from the DC. These numeric indexes only matter on this card and only in the code that relates to granting the abilities.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Kieran » 01 May 2013, 23:39

Those explanations are very concise and clear. I'm actually enlightened. Really, thanks for that! The time I spend pouring over land codes will surely be reduced now. I've not yet had a chance to use the correction y'all provided but I'll post my results later.
Kieran

Postby AriesKiki » 02 May 2013, 05:54

Here are two codes that I made some time ago. Good luck with your request!
Attachments
2lands.zip
Lake of the Dead, Phyrexian Tower
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 617 times
AriesKiki

Postby Kieran » 02 May 2013, 11:34

Thank you for providing the first actual download of this request thread AriesKiki. Hopefully, your uploaded contribution will be the catalyst needed to jump start this project. And those are, without question, excellent utility lands from Masters Edition / Alliances and Urza's Saga.
Kieran

Postby Kieran » 05 May 2013, 05:51

Okay, I have to request any of the following lands to study their code structure to hasten my effort for this land thread. As always, contributor credit will be given in the first post and I've updated said post to give AriesKiki credit for the two lands he provided.

Arcane Sanctum
Cascade Bluffs
Contested Cliffs
Crypt of Agadeem
Crystal Quarry (For a Maelstrom Archangel deck)
Dark Depths
Fetid Heath
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Graven Cairns
Jungle Shrine
Mystic Gate
Rugged Prairie
Savage Lands
Seaside Citadel
Sunken Ruins
Twilight Mire
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Wooded Bastion
Kieran

Postby thefiremind » 05 May 2013, 12:24

Forget about Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: there are several limitations in the DotP engine that would prevent it from working.
Contested Cliffs and Dark Depths need no approximations to be made, they can be coded like any other card.
Cascade Bluffs and the other lands of the same cycle, as well as Crypt of Agadeem and Crystal Quarry, need mana tokens because you can't make a MANA_ABILITY with a cost that differs from a simple TapSelf.
Arcane Sanctum and the other lands of the same cycle can be coded with mana tokens or with an activated ability that lets you select the color you want to produce, as RiiakShiNal explained in his post. The problem is that including lands that need to be used in different ways in the same deck highly confuses players... "Why do I have to tap Cascade Bluffs manually, select a color for Arcane Sanctum manually and let the game tap it, while basic lands are totally automatic?" I know that multi-color lands are appealing, especially with the Return to Ravnica block alive and kicking, but DotP was created with other purposes in mind, and I personally wouldn't trade a clean and coherent game for multi-color lands. Of course, everyone is free to make his choices, that's just my point of view.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Blue Ghost » 07 May 2013, 03:52

I made a Forbidden Orchard earlier on, and I guess I'll contribute it.

I'm currently working on Alchemist's Refuge. I can't get it working, and I can't figure out why. Can someone help?

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="ALCHEMISTS_REFUGE_240194" />
  <CARDNAME text="ALCHEMISTS_REFUGE" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Alchemist's Refuge]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="240194" />
  <ARTID value="240194" />
  <ARTIST name="Dan Scott" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="" />
  <TYPE metaname="Land" />
  <EXPANSION value="AVR" />
  <RARITY metaname="R" />
  <MANA_ABILITY filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{T}: Ajoutez {1} à votre réserve.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{T}: Agrega {1} a tu reserva de maná.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{T}: Erhöhe deinen Manavorrat um {1}.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{T}: Aggiungi {1} alla tua riserva di mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{T}:あなたのマナ・プールに{1}を加える。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{T}: {1}를 당신의 마나풀에 담는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{T}: добавьте {1} в ваше хранилище маны.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{T}: Adicione {1} à sua reserva de mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST type="TapSelf" />
    <PRODUCES amount="{1}" />
  </MANA_ABILITY>
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{G}{U}, {T}: You may cast nonland cards this turn as though they had flash.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <AVAILABILITY>
    return EffectController():CanAfford("{G}{U}") == 1
    </AVAILABILITY>
    <COST type="Mana" cost="{G}{U}" />
    <COST type="TapSelf" />
    <FILTER>
    local filteredCard = FilteredCard()
    local objectPlayer = Object():GetPlayer()
    return ((filteredCard ~= nil) and  filteredCard:GetPlayer() == objectPlayer and (filteredCard:GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_LAND ) == 0) and (filteredCard:GetZone() == (ZONE_HAND)))
    </FILTER>
    if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
       local characteristics = FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       if characteristics ~= nil then
          characteristics:Characteristic_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_FLASH, 1 )
       end
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT"/>
    <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" />
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
  <AI_BASE_SCORE score="300" zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" />
  <AI_BASE_SCORE score="450" zone="ZONE_HAND" />
</CARD_V2>
EDIT: Oh yes, and Cabal Coffers. Doesn't have art, unfortunately, but works well enough.
Attachments
CABAL_COFFERS_205421.zip
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
FORBIDDEN_ORCHARD_282541.zip
Forbidden Orchard
(469.7 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Blue Ghost

Postby Kieran » 07 May 2013, 08:23

Thanks! Here is the Cabal Coffers you provided repacked with both a jpg image and the tdx image.
Attachments
Cabal Coffers.zip
Cabal Coffers with jpg and tdx images.
(209.8 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Kieran

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 May 2013, 04:17

Blue Ghost wrote:I'm currently working on Alchemist's Refuge. I can't get it working, and I can't figure out why. Can someone help?
You have the wrong filter_zone defined on your second ability.
Should be:
<ACTIVATED_ABILITY filter_zone="ZONE_HAND">
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 08 May 2013, 08:42

Alchemist's Refuge is still not perfect, though: if you draw a nonland card later in the turn, it won't have flash. You should use a filter evaluation that continuously gives flash to nonland cards in your hand, something similar to Dauntless Escort.
thefiremind
Programmer

Next

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)