It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:40

Text Size

[fixed/closed]Planechase card showing up in sealed.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed/closed]Planechase card showing up in sealed.

Postby Aquillion » 15 Jun 2013, 06:03

I received the Planechase special card (the one that starts a game of planechase) in a sealed tournament. I assume this shouldn't happen.

I am not sure what it emerged from, unfortunately, since I didn't check my packs individually. I was opening 4th and 8th edition decks, two 5th edition packs, one Chronicles pack, and a legends pack.

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
Planeswalking to Modern, sealed deck.
Attachments
sealed planechase.zip
(25.23 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 10 Jul 2014, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed/closed
Aquillion

Re: Planechase card showing up in sealed.

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Jun 2013, 06:57

Unfortunately,I can't test your savegame as the draft cards you didn't include in your deck are not loaded by the savegame.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Planechase card showing up in sealed.

Postby stassy » 15 Jun 2013, 07:30

It does, just load the savegame and select the edit deck button, it will show as the 1st card available in the draft list.

stassy

Re: [confirmed]Planechase card showing up in sealed.

Postby Aquillion » 16 Jun 2013, 01:26

Also, after I reported this, I started fiddling with Manalink.csv and csv2dat.exe to try and get more cards in sealed. In the process I came across what I think is the source of this bug: Planechase and Random Singleton both have Expansion Rarity set to '100h', which I believe means that they appear in Legends packs. All the other special cards are set to '0h', which is probably what they should be set to, too.
Aquillion

Postby Gargaroz » 16 Jun 2013, 13:36

Well, that's really strange since there's check in the code for avoiding this kind of errors, and all the values seems fine...
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 16 Jun 2013, 22:34

Aquillion wrote:Also, after I reported this, I started fiddling with Manalink.csv and csv2dat.exe to try and get more cards in sealed. In the process I came across what I think is the source of this bug: Planechase and Random Singleton both have Expansion Rarity set to '100h', which I believe means that they appear in Legends packs. All the other special cards are set to '0h', which is probably what they should be set to, too.
I'm not sure which Manalink.csv file you're looking at either.
Planechase and Random Singleton are currently set to 200h (special), as are Archenemy, Draft, Elder Dragon Highlander, SPAT and all the Planes cards. Both in my current manalink.xls file, and the current Manalink.csv in the magic_updater folder released today.
:-s
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aquillion » 16 Jun 2013, 23:07

Yeah, they're set to 200h in column 5, "expansion" or whatever, but if you scroll to the right, the 15th column is something like "expansion rarity" -- I assume it's for cards that are in multiple sets? The two cards I mentioned are set to 100h there, while everything else in expansion 200h is set to 0h there. I think that that means that those two cards are in both the expansion indicated by 200h (the 'special' cards that shouldn't show up in packs) and in 100h (legends.)

Scroll to the right, you'll see it. I can't be totally certain that changing that value fixed things (since it's a bit hard to reproduce this one given how it occurs at random), but it looks weird to me.
Aquillion

Postby Sonic » 16 Jun 2013, 23:54

Aquillion wrote:Yeah, they're set to 200h in column 5, "expansion" or whatever, but if you scroll to the right, the 15th column is something like "expansion rarity" -- I assume it's for cards that are in multiple sets? The two cards I mentioned are set to 100h there, while everything else in expansion 200h is set to 0h there. I think that that means that those two cards are in both the expansion indicated by 200h (the 'special' cards that shouldn't show up in packs) and in 100h (legends.)

Scroll to the right, you'll see it. I can't be totally certain that changing that value fixed things (since it's a bit hard to reproduce this one given how it occurs at random), but it looks weird to me.
Oh I'm with you now. The 'Expansions Rarity' codes aren't the the same as the 'Expansion' codes - so 100h doesn't relate to Legends
it actually means 5th edition Uncommon

From left to right
1st digit - 8th
2nd digit - Chronicles
3rd digit - 5th
4th digit - 4th
5th digit - Revised

Number
0 - Unavailable
1 - Uncommon
5 - Common
7 - Special Chronicles
9 - Rare

I'll remove the codes from the Planechase and Random Singleton entries - they're not used in the C coding anyway. As far as I know. 8-[
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Return to Archived Reports