It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:43

Text Size

[REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.2.1

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.3.0.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 12 Jun 2013, 01:53

jacque wrote:There's another thing I noticed as well... I sort of asked thefiremind if there's a way to increase card's randomness in the decks that you construct on your own... Maybe it's just me, but after I did a few decks and used diff methods to construct them, I noticed that:

- If you have "key" cards, and if you want to have 4 copies of them, during the deck building process, do not put all 4 copies in the main deck column, or the promo column. It gives a better "variety" if you do 3 in main, 1 in promo.
- Try to minimize duplicated copies of the cards in the "Promo" column... If you want to have 2 cards, put 1 under "Promo" and the other under "Main"...

After trying the above, I noticed that my card draws are more consistent for instance... my decks run on 23/24 basic lands + 4 search lands in a 75 cards (in total) concept... before doing what I did above, I would usually get draws where all spells were together, lands together, big cc cards together, etc.

I'm not sure, what you think? It works for me tho... Thanks again!
It may have to do with the shuffling method the game uses, but again that is something we have no control over. If you can get better shuffling by splitting cards between the Main deck and Promo unlocks, then feel free to do so. About the only difference I see this causing is giving the cards separated deckOrderIds as the main deck will use deckOrderIds from 0 to number of cards minus 1 and the promo cards will use deckOrderIds from number of cards in main deck plus number of regular unlocks to that number plus 9. So if you have a deck of 40 cards 0 Regular Unlocks and 10 Promo unlocks the main deck will have the cards numbered from 0 to 39 and the promo unlocks will be numbered from 40 to 49. As for preventing consecutive ids in the unlocks, make use of the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to separate like cards as the unlocks will be assigned deckOrderIds from the top-down in exactly the order you see in the builder.

I might be able to put a feature in the deck builder to "Pre-shuffle" the main deck on export so that if you have 4 of the same card they won't all have consecutive deckOrderIds. Though for actually building the deck I see no reason to shuffle them around. If I do add the feature it will be off by default and you will be able to turn it on via the Options screen.

Regardless it will likely not be in the next release as I'm getting close to finishing the UI for the Advanced Card Filters (after which I just need to update the localization strings and test). The filters themselves are done as is persisting them to the Settings.xml file. Hopefully, I'll have a new version up before this weekend.

Side-Note: For the next version I have also made some changes/tweaks that result in some speed-ups for both loading and scrolling with the image casting cost column and a reduction in the memory usage.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.0.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 14 Jun 2013, 23:02

Version 1.4.0.0 now available. (This was done as a separate post so as to catch the attention of everyone waiting for this release.)

This version adds "Advanced" Filtering for cards, a "Pre-Shuffle" option for shuffling the exported main deck (does not affect land pools or unlocks, off by default). I have also changed several pieces of code for usage (stronger referencing), reduction in memory usage, and increase in execution speed.

The Advanced Filtering feature will allow you to filter on more fields than the basic filtering will allow. For example you can now filter on the cards' XML, registered tokens, artist, expansion, wad, etc.... So say you want to look for all the cards that use my mod's functions, you can go set the advanced filters to filter on the "Card XML" "Contains" "RSN_" and it will find all of the cards using my functions (because I prefixed all my functions with "RSN_").

Due to all the changes another 63 strings have been added to the localizations.

As for the issue with the builder appearing to "Freeze" when selecting a read-only game directory, I have isolated it down to the .Net OpenFileDialog taking an inordinate amount of time to return when first selecting the directory (if it is read-only). It does not actually freeze, it will eventually return control to my program. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this unless I create my own directory selection dialog (which is a lot more work for very little benefit so I see no point in doing it). For the more technically minded the problem occurs on this single line of my code (specifically in the ShowDialog function which is Microsoft's code):
Code: Select all
DialogResult drResult = ofdChoose.ShowDialog();
The builder will load properly if you point it to a directory that is read-only, but it will not be able to do certain things (like Export, or create a custom data directory). You will still be able to save decks and export constructed images as the .Net SaveFileDialog will prompt you if you try to save to a read-only directory. If the Export button appears grayed-out then try running the builder as Administrator.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby BloodReyvyn » 21 Jun 2013, 07:52

Like most of the updates, though after getting used to the normal filters being on the right, I keep clicking the Advanced Filters button by accident.

I am also getting an unhandled exception error whenever I try to search subtypes for some reason. And if I try try to use the advanced filter to search subtypes I get a whole bunch of errors (about 5-6) back to back.

Code: Select all
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RSN.DotP.CardInfo.GenerateTypeLine(String strLangCode)
   at RSN.DotP.CardInfo.GetTypeLine(String strLangCode)
   at RSN.DotP.Filters.CheckAgainstSubType(CardInfo ciCard)
   at RSN.DotP.Filters.CheckAgainstFilter(CardInfo ciCard)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Be.Timvw.Framework.ComponentModel.SortableBindingList`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 enumeration)
   at RSN.DotP.DeckBuilder.cmdSetFilter_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DotP 2013 Deck Builder
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/DotP2013%20Modding/DECK%20BUILDER/DotP%202013%20Deck%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/DotP2013%20Modding/DECK%20BUILDER/Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
yynz0ia0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
giomfrff
Gibbed.IO
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4706.36265
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/DotP2013%20Modding/DECK%20BUILDER/Gibbed.IO.DLL
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
    Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/DotP2013%20Modding/DECK%20BUILDER/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
Gibbed.Squish
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/DotP2013%20Modding/DECK%20BUILDER/Gibbed.Squish.DLL
4kdvzsyz

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

EDIT: Scratch that. Searching the subtype with the advanced filter got the program stuck in an infinite loop of 2 different errors. I finally just closed the program. Makes it kind of a pain to try and make a tribal deck if you can't use subtypes.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby BloodReyvyn » 21 Jun 2013, 08:31

Apparently, since it saved my advanced filters, it is still stuck in an infinite error loop... had to delete the entire thing and reinstall to just be able to use it again.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Jun 2013, 14:54

The error you posted is happening On CardInfo.GenerateTypeLine() in the Basic Filters (not the Advanced). Which probably means that you have a card that is somehow not loading properly. If you could give me a list of all the wads you have installed (along with all the custom cards that are not in publicly available wads) then I should be able to figure out which card is causing the problem and put in some code to make sure that doesn't happen again. My most likely guess would be that you have a card somewhere that is not enclosed in a CARD_V2 tag (as that would attempt to load the card, but would not initialize the m_lstSubTypes variable which would then cause the error).

It only saves settings on a successful exit from the program (not a crash) so the error would likely be due to something you recently added.

Also you can reset the filters without removing everything and reinstalling. To reset the Basic Filters open Settings.xml and remove the "CardFilters" block. To reset the Advanced Filters go into Settings.xml and remove the "CardFilterAdvanced" block. You can reset the entire application by simply removing the Settings.xml file (these are the only settings that the application recognizes). All the settings there can be manually altered to change the settings as well. For example to turn off Sub-Type filtering in the Basic Filters you can change Settings\CardFilters\Filters\DoSubTypeCheck to false. If you have a Sub-Type filter in the advanced filters you can manually remove that one filter while preserving the rest of your filters by removing the CardFilterSubTypes block from Settings\CardFilterAdvanced\CardFilterSet (may be in a further sub level if you have more sets defined).

For reference the Basic filters use this class:
  • RSN.DotP.Filters

The Advanced Filters use these classes:
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterBase
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterBoolProp
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterCreateTokens
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterEnumProp
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterIntProp
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterSet
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterStringIntProp
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterStringProp
  • RSN.DotP.CardFilterSubTypes
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby castled » 23 Jun 2013, 09:39

how to sequencing the list of cards in deck?
it always sequencing by initial after output, and the game works without that list edited by myself :(
castled

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Jun 2013, 13:01

castled wrote:how to sequencing the list of cards in deck?
it always sequencing by initial after output, and the game works without that list edited by myself :(
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here. The sequencing of cards is as follows.

When the game exports the deck (when not "Pre-Shuffling") it will sort all cards in the main deck alphabetically and write them out the the Deck XML with the first card starting at deckOrderId 0, and going up to n-1 where n is the total number of cards in the deck. Then it outputs the Regular Unlocks (in the order you see in the builder) with deckOrderIds from n to (n+m)-1 where m is the number of Regular Unlocks. Finally it outputs the Promo Unlocks (in the order you see in the builder) with deckOrderIds from (n+m) to (n+m+p)-1 where p is the number of Promo Unlocks.

If you have checked "Pre-Shuffle Deck on Export" in the options then before it outputs the main deck it will first separate all cards in the main deck into singles (cards in the main deck can have variable quantities). Once it has separated them all into singles it will do a simple shuffle up to 7 times to try and prevent like cards from having consecutive deckOrderIds. Once the list of cards is shuffled then it outputs that list starting with the first card in the list having a deckOrderId of 0 and going up to n-1 where n is the total number of cards in the deck.

The game should always work without you having to manually sequence the cards because the builder does it for you (the whole point in having a tool like this is to get it to do the work for you). The order of cards in the main deck should not matter. Though at least one user has reported that if they split up cards between the main deck and the unlocks that they can get a better shuffle in game. Which is why there is now an option to "Pre-Shuffle" the cards in the main deck on Export.

The only places where the order of cards matters in the builder is in the Unlocks (hence why they have move up/down buttons). The reason for this is that unlocks are the only parts of a deck in the game where the order is important.

If you are talking about how the deck is sorted, then you can change the sort by clicking on one of the columns in the list view (does not work for Unlocks because order is important there).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby castled » 23 Jun 2013, 14:40

RiiakShiNal wrote:When the game exports the deck (when not "Pre-Shuffling") it will sort all cards in the main deck alphabetically and write them out the the Deck XML with the first card starting at deckOrderId 0, and going up to n-1 where n is the total number of cards in the deck. Then it outputs the Regular Unlocks (in the order you see in the builder) with deckOrderIds from n to (n+m)-1 where m is the number of Regular Unlocks. Finally it outputs the Promo Unlocks (in the order you see in the builder) with deckOrderIds from (n+m) to (n+m+p)-1 where p is the number of Promo Unlocks.
:D thank you for explained the principle of the program and game in detail. now i know the reason.

I decide to make a deck, with little land, little creature, lots artifact, and blue+red+green+black+white sorcery and instant. it's the last test, and I start to choose cards to remove or increase, and I find it's really a colorful view in game #-o

as my suggestion, could you add the sort-columns about "color,type,cost" in unlocks window?

by the way, this tool is very good, it loads the deck in folder immediately, without unpack and cache again. able to view the code of card directly =D>
castled

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Jun 2013, 16:37

castled wrote:as my suggestion, could you add the sort-columns about "color,type,cost" in unlocks window?
I can add the columns for Colour, Type, and Cost, but since the order of Unlocks is important I can't make them sortable for Unlocks (it would make things way too confusing for the user).

castled wrote:by the way, this tool is very good, it loads the deck in folder immediately, without unpack and cache again. able to view the code of card directly =D>
Again, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The tool itself does all unpacking internally (on start up, so that the information is always loaded fresh and up-to-date) and only unpacks what it needs to run, the user doesn't have to unpack anything. Viewing the code of a card is as simple as right-clicking the card you want to look at and selecting "View Card ..." from the context menu.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby jacque » 23 Jun 2013, 18:22

Oh my... RiiakShiNal!!! THANK YOU!!!

I have been using your latest release at the moment and I am loving it... Some feedback, which are not important but yea, I think you'd like to hear them:

- Card scrolling is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MUCH faster right now. It's very easy and motivating (in some way) to scroll through all the cards now than before.
- 1.4 loads slower than 1.2 even after the initial loading... 1.2's initial loading was slow, but, subsequent execution of the program was much faster
- After the program loads, it doesn't remember your last setting, eg. maximize window.
- Pre-Shuffling option worked for me =) *thanks!!!*
- A minor bug? Double-clicking on the cards to add to the main deck list doesn't always update the "cards indicator" on top of it (dunno what to call it hehehe); I've even tried removing cards to test it out; happens once a while, it updates when a new card is added (card that's not already in the main deck list).
- I'm pretty satisfied with the basic filter feature... Does the job fine =)
- I still had to "Run as Admin" to get it working xD

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! I do hope DOTP 2014 revolves around the same platform that you have been working on. It would be a pity if they revamp everything after all that you've done for us... =(
Learn making your own cards today!!!

Click on Image if a post/reply helped you.

I stitch old cards together to make new ones...

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.1.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Jun 2013, 19:07

Version 1.4.1.0 is up, with more columns for the card views and a couple of experimental fixes/checks for BloodReyven's crashes related to Sub-Types.

To enable the new columns just load up the program and right-click on a view and turn on the columns you want.

jacque wrote:I have been using your latest release at the moment and I am loving it... Some feedback, which are not important but yea, I think you'd like to hear them:

- Card scrolling is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MUCH faster right now. It's very easy and motivating (in some way) to scroll through all the cards now than before.
Should be because it no longer has to build images for every casting cost, only the unique ones.

jacque wrote:- 1.4 loads slower than 1.2 even after the initial loading... 1.2's initial loading was slow, but, subsequent execution of the program was much faster
That is very interesting because 1.2 can end up producing hundreds/thousands of Exceptions that have to be caught and handled (which can be slow) where as 1.4 generates very few exceptions so it should be considerably faster (and it is on my machine by an average of about 40%).

jacque wrote:- After the program loads, it doesn't remember your last setting, eg. maximize window.
That would be because I forgot to persist out the window state (but did remember window size and location, I almost never maximize windows). I will put this in the next version (thanks for pointing it out).

jacque wrote:- Pre-Shuffling option worked for me =) *thanks!!!*
Glad to hear it.

jacque wrote:- A minor bug? Double-clicking on the cards to add to the main deck list doesn't always update the "cards indicator" on top of it (dunno what to call it hehehe); I've even tried removing cards to test it out; happens once a while, it updates when a new card is added (card that's not already in the main deck list).
That is not a "Cards" indicator, it tells the amount of basic land that will be in the deck in game. If you add a basic land to the main deck then that indicator usually won't change (unless the amount of cards in the main deck is already 60 or more) because the game will automatically add 1 less basic land, but you added a basic land so it cancels out.

I can't replicate your bug.

I do, however, see a couple of semi-related bugs that need to be fixed.
  • The basic land indicator won't change if you update the quantity of a card by clicking in the Quantity column to edit the quantity field directly (two single-clicks on the Quantity field).
  • Hitting enter on the main card view moves the highlight down one then adds the currently highlighted card (should not move highlight).

jacque wrote:- I'm pretty satisfied with the basic filter feature... Does the job fine =)
And for several people the basic filter will be plenty. The "Advanced" filters are there for people who want more control over the filters.

jacque wrote:- I still had to "Run as Admin" to get it working xD
And you will continue having to "Run as Admin" to get all the features working (unless you change the permissions on your game directory so that regular users have write permissions).

As I said before the "Freeze" is part of the .Net Framework OpenFileDialog() taking an inordinate amount of time to return control to the program. There is nothing I can do about it (other than create a brand new OpenFileDialog, which I'm not likely to do). Though it has not actually frozen and will eventually return control to my program.

jacque wrote:KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! I do hope DOTP 2014 revolves around the same platform that you have been working on. It would be a pity if they revamp everything after all that you've done for us... =(
I plan to keep up with this for quite a while. I also have a couple more projects I'm working on that could be helpful, but they are still a long way away from being ready so don't expect to see them anytime soon.

They very well could change everything though I don't think they will (I mean why re-invent the wheel again).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.2.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Jun 2013, 21:30

Version 1.4.2.0 is now up. Besides bug fixes there is only one notable change in this version and that is a change to how the View Card window is opened so that you can now have multiple View Card windows up simultaneously (I have also enabled minimizing of this window as well). Any open view card windows will automatically close when you exit the program.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby castled » 23 Jun 2013, 23:52

good job! 1.4.2.0 works with multiple View Card :)
I report a problem, cards' names not display in the window of DECK\UNLOCK\PROMO
castled

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Jun 2013, 23:59

castled wrote:I report a problem, cards' names not display in the window of DECK\UNLOCK\PROMO
I'm not seeing any problem with the cards' names not showing, can you either elaborate or post a picture of the problem?
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby castled » 24 Jun 2013, 00:11

IMG_0168 - 副本 (2) - 副本.jpg

maybe another problem, program becomes no response, when I double click the gap between columns. it was work to grow column's width at left side of gap, to show all text in column.
------ I install too many deck
castled

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities