It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:12

Text Size

[fixed/closed]Fork-Fireblast,T.West,B.Nexus,Urza's F.Ur.Tomb

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed/closed]Fork-Fireblast,T.West,B.Nexus,Urza's F.Ur.Tomb

Postby Krudd » 10 Jul 2013, 10:33

First off I downloaded CirothUngol's version from Google Drive. So if there's a new patch point me to it. In addition, is there a version number somewhere so I can compare?

Anyway I've been doing the challenges and encountering a lot of cards not working.

In the slightly puzzling challenge I grab Fireblast and Fork. Put RR in my pool, cast Fireblast by sacrificing the mountains. Cast Fork and... nothing happens. The opponent takes 4 and I lose.

Also Tolaria West will not transmute. There's no option on the Rules Engine card and clicking it will just put the land into play.

Blinkmoth Nexus doesn't seem to have the ability "Target Blinkmoth gets +1/+1".

Urza's Factory adds an Assembly worker to play. This is all well and good but the token has the abilities of an animated Mishra's Factory allowing for pump and add mana which it shouldn't have.

Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth doesn't seem to do anything useful. It can tap for B if you click it, then itself again. It doesn't count as a swamp for Corrupt, Liliana, Nightmare, Tendrils of Corruption nor grant the swamp count to other cards. It can't be activated while tapped. (Saved game attached) I think that the easiest way to code this card is give it the ability "tap an untapped land you control, add B to your mana pool" in addition to the swamp count modifier. If you activate it while it is untapped, but target another land, both become tapped and you only get one B mana.

Also after reading the readme it looks like you guys have a lot of things not working in 3.0 that used to. The only saved game I've added is the Urborg one as others are just single card problems.
Attachments
Liliana,Urborg,Corrupt.zip
After saving I can't reload this game myself. Says incompatible versions.
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 28 Sep 2013, 07:34, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: fixed/closed all
Krudd

Re: Cards not working: Fork; Urborg, ToY; Tolaria West; BM N

Postby Aswan jaguar » 10 Jul 2013, 13:35

First of all welcome and thanks for the bug report.

The most recent patch can always be found in Manalink3.0\patches it was released in June look for V2:
viewforum.php?f=85

Please report a bug at a time so things can be organised and not overlooked and see:http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4012
on how to make more accurate and helpful reports.

Blinkmoth Nexus is already reported and fixed (available with next update like all bugs that you will see as fixed between patches)
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 11 Jul 2013, 00:08

Well, the Urborg, Tomb.. bug is a global one concerning cards that add / force a subtype. However, I discovered a new bug : Urborg, Tomb... was not adding the Swamp subtype to the lands that came in play after it. This is fixed too.

Fixed Tolaria West bug.

For Urza Factory, the token is missing and was wrongly used the one from Mishra Factory. I'll see if I could fix this, but it's a bit problematic as the names of the two animation are almost the same...

As for Fork, seems like an hardcoded bug...
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Korath » 11 Jul 2013, 01:41

Urza's Factory will probably need a recode of Mishra's Factory, since the latter likely looks specifically for its own assembly worker's id but should be able to pump the ones made by Urza's.

The Fireblast/Fork combo for the puzzling challenge used to work. Anyone feel up to digging through old patches until they find the one that broke it?
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 11 Jul 2013, 01:43

i just tried it in testing and it worked fine. i put both cards in my hand and dropped 4 mountains sacced 2 of them for fireblast then after it started the response i forked it and he dropped 8 life. dont know if challanges are different though
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby stassy » 11 Jul 2013, 04:09

Did you test it in duel mode or challenge mode? Because some rules/effects are not the same in challenge mode.
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Jul 2013, 05:07

I have tested Fireblast and Fork like the challenge(and duel tested)the combo has to work with only 2 mountains and it used to work (challenge at least) but it is about 2 years that doesn't work.(You tap the 2 mountains for mana,cast Fireblast sacrificing the the 2 Mountains and then use the 2 red mana in manapool to cast Fork,is cast successfully doesn't ask for target and goes to graveyard without dealing the copied effect-damage)
I have tested some others cards with (alternative costs and some don't work others work).
If gmzombie says it works if you have 4mountains then maybe Fireblast somewhere considers the {R} {R} in it's code or something?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 11 Jul 2013, 05:56

Fireblast will currently work only if you have at least one mountain still in play when you try to cast it (whether it's forked or not); its EVENT_CAN_CAST handler is using the wrong target def.
fix | Open
Code: Select all
diff --git a/src/cards/visions.c b/src/cards/visions.c
index 9f27726..e8c9b43 100644
--- a/src/cards/visions.c
+++ b/src/cards/visions.c
@@ -896,7 +896,7 @@ int card_fireblast(int player, int card, event_t event){
         }
     }
     else if( event == EVENT_CAN_CAST ){
-                       return can_target(&td);
+                       return can_target(&td1);
     }

else if(event == EVENT_CAST_SPELL && affect_me(player, card) ){
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [new info]Fork-Fireblast,Urzas Factory-T.West,Urborg,BL.

Postby gmzombie » 11 Jul 2013, 11:46

yea i tested it in duel mode not challenge mode
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Re: [new info]Fork-Fireblast,Urzas Factory-T.West,Urborg,BL.

Postby Gargaroz » 11 Jul 2013, 12:16

Korath's fix inserted.
As for Urza Factory, I made an hacked code for Assembly-Worker, so it will only be a token creature if generated by Urza Factory. There's still the problem that is a Land Creature Artifact, but it's a minor one and could be fixed later trough specifical hacks.
As for Mishra Factory, a decode of the original card would be nice before recoding, could you do that Korath ?
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Return to Archived Reports