It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:56

Text Size

Formal Request Thread

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Formal Request Thread

Postby thefiremind » 05 Sep 2013, 09:46

OK, I managed to make a working Gomazoa, and the code resulted even shorter than I thought, thanks to the power of Lua tables that can use anything as index. :D
Attachments
GOMAZOA_198523.zip
Unprefixed, briefly tested, illustration included
(111.14 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 05 Sep 2013, 13:33

I like to request a card..geared towards more firemind or gorem since it is a planeswalker..Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver.thx
drleg3nd

Postby drleg3nd » 05 Sep 2013, 14:25

just saw ya planeswalker thread firemind..forget it
drleg3nd

Postby Misplay » 05 Sep 2013, 16:13

gorem2k wrote:[...]
The game doesn't crash anymore!
The ability seems to trigger (= a circle of shining light appears during the upkeep when the Undead Gladiator is in the graveyard) but does nothing else... I never have the choice to pay the cost of the ability, and I pass to the draw's step.

BTW, I've got another issue when I create a decklist. The game adds automatically 255 lands in the deck. How can I fix this?
Misplay

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Sep 2013, 17:48

Misplay wrote:BTW, I've got another issue when I create a decklist. The game adds automatically 255 lands in the deck. How can I fix this?
There seem to be two common scenarios where this occurs:
  • In decks that have no basic land.
    • Solution: Have a LandConfig block in the deck with ignoreCmcOver="0".
  • In decks that have a LandConfig block using the numSpellsThatCountAsLand attribute defined with a value greater than 0.
    • Solution: The numSpellsThatCountAsLand seems to have issues in DotP 2014 so the easiest way to fix problems associated with it is to simply remove that attribute from the LandConfig block. You can still define how much basic land should be in the deck using the minLand attributes (minForest, minSwamp, minPlains, etc...).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby gorem2k » 05 Sep 2013, 18:06

thefiremind wrote:OK, I managed to make a working Gomazoa, and the code resulted even shorter than I thought, thanks to the power of Lua tables that can use anything as index. :D
Thanks to you! this will go in my blue deck. the SFX is very cool, never saw it before.
gorem2k

Postby jacque » 06 Sep 2013, 04:17

Learn making your own cards today!!!

Click on Image if a post/reply helped you.

I stitch old cards together to make new ones...

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby Misplay » 06 Sep 2013, 09:01

RiiakShiNal wrote:[...]
Cool, it's working. :wink:
Misplay

Postby Rari » 06 Sep 2013, 19:23

jacque wrote:Hmmm, anyone has any of these?
I just happened to make Mirror-Sigil Sergeant last night.

Edit below: Added a few more. Also, you'll need DATA_DLC_TFM_OTHER from thefiremind's DLC for a few of these.

Shadowmage Infiltrator
Thornling
Krond the Dawn-Clad
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls
Uril, the Miststalker

That leaves your list with these unfulfilled:
Oona, Queen of the Fae
Master of Cruelties
Nirkana Revenant

Also, I need to request Knight of New Alara if anyone has it or has any suggestions - I tried to put it together, but didn't have any luck.

Knight of New Alara (NOT WORKING) | Open
Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="1">
  <FILENAME text="RARI_KNIGHT_OF_NEW_ALARA_189642" />
  <CARDNAME text="KNIGHT_OF_NEW_ALARA" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Knight of New Alara]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Chevalier de la Nouvelle Alara]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Caballero de la Nueva Alara]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Ritter des neuen Alara]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Cavaliere di Nuova Alara]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[新たなアラーラの騎士]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Knight of New Alara]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Рыцарь Новой Алары]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Cavaleiro da Nova Alara]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="189642" />
  <ARTID value="RARI_189642" />
  <ARTIST name="Chris Rahn" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{2}{G}{W}" />
  <FLAVOURTEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“I embrace all of Alara, Grixis as much as Bant. Let my former home call me traitor. I do this not for accolades, but because it is right.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[« J’accueille tout Alara, Grixis tout comme Bant. Que mon ancienne patrie fasse de moi un traître. Je ne le fais pas pour la gloire, mais parce que c’est juste. »]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[“Yo defiendo a toda Alara, Grixis tanto como Bant. Deja que en mi viejo hogar me llamen traidor. No hago esto por los títulos, sino porque es lo correcto.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[„Ich liebe ganz Alara, Grixis so sehr wie Bant. Auch wenn meine alte Heimat mich einen Verräter schimpft: Ich tue dies nicht, um mich einzuschmeicheln, sondern weil es das einzig Richtige ist.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[“Proteggerò ogni angolo di Alara, tanto Grixis quanto Bant. Lascia che la mia precedente dimora mi consideri un traditore. Non lo faccio per riconoscenza, ma perché è giusto che sia così.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[「私はアラーラすべてを受け入れよう。バントと同様にグリクシスをもだ。 かつての故郷が私を裏切り者と呼ぶなら呼ぶがいい。 称賛のために行うのではない。これは正義のためなのだ。」]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[“I embrace all of Alara, Grixis as much as Bant. Let my former home call me traitor. I do this not for accolades, but because it is right.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[«Я принимаю Алару всю, и Гриксис мне дорог также, как и Бэнт. И пусть моя прежняя родина сочтет меня предателем. Я это делаю не для почестей, а потому, что так правильно».]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[“Eu abraço toda Alara, tanto Grixis quanto Bant. Que meu antigo lar me considere um traidor. Não faço isso em busca de honra, mas porque é o certo.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </FLAVOURTEXT>
  <TYPE metaname="Creature" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Human" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Knight" />
  <EXPANSION value="ARB" />
  <RARITY metaname="R" />
  <POWER value="2" />
  <TOUGHNESS value="2" />
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Each other multicolored creature you control gets +1/+1 for each of its colors.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Chaque autre créature multicolore que vous contrôlez gagne +1/+1 pour chacune de ses couleurs.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Cada otra criatura multicolor que controlas obtiene +1/+1 por cada uno de sus colores.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Jede andere mehrfarbige Kreatur, die du kontrollierst, erhält +1/+1 für jede ihrer Farben.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Ogni altra creatura multicolore che controlli prende +1/+1 per ciascuno dei suoi colori.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[あなたがコントロールする他の多色の各クリーチャーは、それぞれ自身の色1つにつき+1/+1の修整を受ける。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Each other multicolored creature you control gets +1/+1 for each of its colors.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Каждое другое многоцветное существо под вашим контролем получает +1/+1 за каждый представленный им цвет.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Cada criatura multicolorida que você controla recebe +1/+1 para cada uma de suas cores.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <FILTER filter_id="0">
    local filter = ClearFilter()
       filter:Add(FE_CARD_INSTANCE, OP_NOT, source)
      filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE  )
      filter:Add( FE_CONTROLLER, OP_IS, EffectController())
    </FILTER>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C" filter_id="0">
    if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
      if filter:ChromaCount(COLOUR_BLACK) &gt; 0 then
       local characteristics = FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       characteristics:Power_Add( 1 )
       characteristics:Toughness_Add( 1 )
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      if filter:ChromaCount(COLOUR_BLUE) &gt; 0 then
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      if filter:ChromaCount(COLOUR_GREEN) &gt; 0 then
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      if filter:ChromaCount(COLOUR_RED) &gt; 0 then
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      if filter:ChromaCount(COLOUR_WHITE) &gt; 0 then
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_LARGE_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="4" power_boundary_max="-1" />
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_SMALL_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="1" power_boundary_max="3" />
</CARD_V2>
Attachments
jacque requests.zip
(489.23 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
MIRRORSIGIL_SERGEANT_158598.zip
(106.33 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Please help yourself to my collection of DoTP artwork. Pretty cards for everyone!
Rari

Postby loookaz » 06 Sep 2013, 22:50

hi

i would like to request

Hindering Light
and Shriekmaw

thanks in advance

lucas
loookaz

Postby MC Brodie » 07 Sep 2013, 00:41

Rari wrote:Also, I need to request Knight of New Alara if anyone has it or has any suggestions - I tried to put it together, but didn't have any luck.
This sort of works but maybe you can figure it out. Sometimes when I cast a multicolored creature it causes the game to freeze. I didn't see any script errors. If a multicolored creature spell resolves it seems to work correctly.

Knight of New Alara Static Ability | Open
Code: Select all
    <FILTER filter_id="0">
      local filter = ClearFilter()
      filter:Add(FE_CARD_INSTANCE, OP_NOT, EffectSource() )
      filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE  )
      filter:Add( FE_CONTROLLER, OP_IS, EffectController() )
      filter:Add(FE_NUM_COLOURS, OP_GREATER_THAN, 1)
    </FILTER>
      local oCreature = FilteredCard()
      if oCreature ~= nil then
         local count = 0
         local characteristics = oCreature:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
         for i = 1, 5 do
            if oCreature:GetColour():Test(i) == true then
               count = count + 1
            end
         end
         characteristics:Power_Add( count )
         characteristics:Toughness_Add( count )
      end
   </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
As for your code, you'll need to define "source" in your filter block or else use EffectSource(). I don't think ChromaCount is the way to go because of cards like Dryad Arbor or incase a card grants another card a different color (e.g. Rise from the Grave).

edit - Sorry, I don't think Master of Cruelties is possible without too many approximations.
Last edited by MC Brodie on 07 Sep 2013, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby gorem2k » 07 Sep 2013, 05:52

MC Brodie wrote:This sort of works but maybe you can figure it out. Sometimes when I cast a multicolored creature it causes the game to freeze. I didn't see any script errors. If a multicolored creature spell resolves it seems to work correctly.
I think oCreature isn't defined in your code, you should use local oCreature = FilteredCard(). again, I'm not sure about this since you say it works somehow.
gorem2k

Postby MC Brodie » 07 Sep 2013, 06:13

gorem2k wrote:
MC Brodie wrote:This sort of works but maybe you can figure it out. Sometimes when I cast a multicolored creature it causes the game to freeze. I didn't see any script errors. If a multicolored creature spell resolves it seems to work correctly.
I think oCreature isn't defined in your code, you should use local oCreature = FilteredCard(). again, I'm not sure about this since you say it works somehow.
Haha yea you are right I fixed it. That's funny since I commented on the same thing for Rari's code. It still doesn't work in some instances. If I have a multicolored creature on the battlefield, then play the Knight everything is ok (for some reason the old code without oCreature defined worked here as well). If I play another knight it still doesn't freeze. But, if I play a different multicolored creature it freezes while the spell is on the stack. There could be something wrong with the 2nd multicolored creature card I'm testing with since I just made it to test this card. Idk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby mr friendly guy » 07 Sep 2013, 06:17

Is it possible to code Mirror Universe? I am thinking this might make a great combo with a necropotence deck.
mr friendly guy

Postby thefiremind » 07 Sep 2013, 10:17

mr friendly guy wrote:Is it possible to code Mirror Universe? I am thinking this might make a great combo with a necropotence deck.
The pain is the upkeep part... the game doesn't give you a time window during the upkeeps even if you have something you might want to do, so cards like this need a "dummy" upkeep trigger that lets you activate the ability in response.

loookaz wrote:Hindering Light
I was curious to see if I could code it properly, and it seems I did it.
It scours the spells' targets searching for you or a permanent you control, but only in target chests from 0 to 9, and in registers from 0 to 99 in each of those chests. It should be enough anyway, unless someone uses target chest 10 in a card just because he feels special... :lol: The alternative would have been to loop through the chests and the registers until a nil has been found, but there's no guarantee that the nil value isn't just a "hole".
Attachments
HINDERING_LIGHT_177598.zip
Unprefixed, briefly tested, illustration included
(108.36 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014