It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:41

Text Size

Forge Beta: 10-04-2013 ver 1.5.2

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 10-04-2013 ver 1.5.2

Postby Zirbert » 05 Oct 2013, 17:02

Chris H. wrote:
Zirbert wrote:I'm also still getting a lot of other lockups, as in version 1.5.0, but I just noticed the instruction to launch from forge.command instead of forge.sh, so hopefully that'll help with those.

Two of the reasons for lockups/freezes/crashes have been fixed in the last two versions. If you or anyone else is still getting these types of errors we would appreciate more detailed info if it is available. :)
I'm starting to think the "lockups" were just a symptom of the other problem I noted, the disappearing and hard-to-recover selection popup boxes. I may have just missed a popup box, and the game was frozen waiting for my response. Whenever a freeze happened, there should have been multiple triggers going to the stack, so I think I missed the box to choose their order.

Through trial and error, I've found the way to get a missed popup box back is to minimize all other windows, then right-click the Forge button on my taskbar and choose Minimize. That takes me out to my desktop, with the selection box floating there. If I try to minimize all windows, or use the "go to desktop" button on my taskbar, the selection box vanishes too.
Zirbert

Postby Chris H. » 05 Oct 2013, 17:52

Zirbert wrote:I'm starting to think the "lockups" were just a symptom of the other problem I noted, the disappearing and hard-to-recover selection popup boxes. I may have just missed a popup box, and the game was frozen waiting for my response. Whenever a freeze happened, there should have been multiple triggers going to the stack, so I think I missed the box to choose their order.

Through trial and error, I've found the way to get a missed popup box back is to minimize all other windows, then right-click the Forge button on my taskbar and choose Minimize. That takes me out to my desktop, with the selection box floating there. If I try to minimize all windows, or use the "go to desktop" button on my taskbar, the selection box vanishes too.

I was able to duplicate the problem. During a match I pressed the flashback icon and the window with the Play card with Flashback choice was displayed. Rather than making my choice I instead clicked on the main forge match window. The main window then became the top window and the choice window was hidden behind it as you suggested.

I do not know if these message windows can be made to be the top window until they are dismissed.

There was a message dealing with UI issues that suggested that these message windows can be skinned to look like the rest of the game. It might be possible to make these not a separate window but to overlay this graphic on top of the match window.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby drdev » 05 Oct 2013, 19:22

I will look into fixing the popups when I skin them.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Niv-Mizzet » 05 Oct 2013, 20:21

The cost reduction effect of my Animar, Soul of Elements with multiple +1/+1 counters on it does not seem to apply to Zoetic Cavern when I try to play it as a face-down creature. It does work properly with my Fathom Seer, however.
Niv-Mizzet

Postby Xitax » 05 Oct 2013, 22:16

The new "The Dale" skin is very nice, thanks!

I noticed that with some of the themes that there's poor contrast in menus with either off-focus menu picks or in certain menu items.
Xitax

Postby Xitax » 05 Oct 2013, 23:00

freddyjsg wrote:
deathtao wrote:
serrasmurf wrote:Hi,
I have Dovescape in play
I play an Engineered Explosives and pay 8 mana
Dovescape should count the CMC of 8 (if i'm correct), but i get zero tokens...
X in a card's cost is always counted as 0 for CMC purposes.
This isn't right. In the stack the CMC of an object with X on its cost its the amount paid. So serrasmurf should be getting 8 tokens.
This appears to be true: "202.3b When calculating the converted mana cost of an object with an X in its mana cost, X is treated as 0 while the object is not on the stack, and X is treated as the number chosen for it while the object is on the stack. "
Xitax

Postby Idontknow84 » 06 Oct 2013, 00:08

I don't know if this is the proper section to report that, but when I play Vivid Creek (in Forge 1.5.2-r23396M) I am being presented this pop-up window:

Screenshot 2013-10-06 02.01.57.png
CARDNAME
Idontknow84

Postby noian » 06 Oct 2013, 05:39

I'm getting lots of NullPointerExceptions with the latest release (~1/4 of my matches). Here's an example log (after resolving combat).

Code: Select all
Read cards: 13355 archived files in 528 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
Read decks (55 ms): 3 constructed, 0 sealed, 0 draft, 3 cubes, 0 scheme, 0 planar, 0 commander.
StorageReader: Overwriting an object with key 4001
Plant Wall has no Oracle text.
Ape Pet has no Oracle text.
AI profile Reckless was chosen for the lobby player Teysa.
SVar 'XKicked' not found in ability, fallback to Card (Joraga Warcaller). Ability is (Joraga Warcaller enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each time it was kicked. )
SVar 'XKicked' not found in ability, fallback to Card (Joraga Warcaller). Ability is (Joraga Warcaller enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each time it was kicked. )
Game-0 > java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.Card.canBeTargetedBy(Card.java:8219)
   at forge.card.spellability.SpellAbility.canTarget(SpellAbility.java:1047)
   at forge.CardPredicates$7.apply(CardPredicates.java:98)
   at forge.CardPredicates$7.apply(CardPredicates.java:95)
   at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.computeNext(Iterators.java:702)
   at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
   at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
   at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:144)
   at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:125)
   at forge.CardLists.filter(CardLists.java:232)
   at forge.CardLists.getTargetableCards(CardLists.java:201)
   at forge.card.cardfactory.CardFactoryUtil$8.resolve(CardFactoryUtil.java:2760)
   at forge.card.ability.AbilityUtils.resolve(AbilityUtils.java:1073)
   at forge.game.ai.ComputerUtil.playNoStack(ComputerUtil.java:314)
   at forge.game.player.PlayerControllerAi.playSpellAbilityNoStack(PlayerControllerAi.java:265)
   at forge.card.trigger.WrappedAbility.resolve(WrappedAbility.java:362)
   at forge.card.trigger.TriggerHandler.runSingleTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:431)
   at forge.card.trigger.TriggerHandler.runWaitingTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:215)
   at forge.card.trigger.TriggerHandler.runWaitingTriggers(TriggerHandler.java:183)
   at forge.game.GameAction.checkStateEffects(GameAction.java:895)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:958)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1544)
   at forge.game.Match$1.run(Match.java:103)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
What's weird is that the card in particular works on occasion and fails on others. I've also gotten NullPointerExceptions with challenges (where the AI attempted to place a card) and stuff when I didn't even have this card out, so it makes me wonder if it is cards in my deck or something. To make matters worse, the game seems to get stuck after this error even if I click continue in the trace message and I can't continue onto the next step unlike in previous versions where an error still lets you move on (I got this exception after I got the AI to -2 health, and the game doesn't resolve to the victory).

Windows 7 x64 Pro/Running the game off of an external HDD/Java 7
noian

Postby Xitax » 06 Oct 2013, 05:48

Idontknow84 wrote:I don't know if this is the proper section to report that, but when I play Vivid Creek (in Forge 1.5.2-r23396M) I am being presented this pop-up window:

Screenshot 2013-10-06 02.01.57.png
Not a bug, just not optimized. It's asking you which replacement effect to apply first. It would be more helpful if it said that instead of what it says now.
Xitax

Postby noian » 06 Oct 2013, 05:56

Ante GUI shows nothing even though Ante is enabled and working.
noian

Postby noian » 06 Oct 2013, 06:21

Description: Another NullPointerException vs Teysa. Possibly an issue with Haunt keyword if the card with Haunt in question is killed, or it may be something else. AI had 2x bird tokens, 2x Belfry Spirit, and 2x Bat. It was defending vs an Ape Pet *cloned via Rys the Redeemed which had 18 +1/+1 Counters (Total 20/19, trample). It chose for everything to defend it. Got the Null pointer exception after assigning damage.

NullPointerException | Open
Forge Version:    1.5.2-r23396M
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 x86
Java Version:     1.7.0_09 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.Card.canBeTargetedBy(Card.java:8219)
   at forge.card.spellability.SpellAbility.canTarget(SpellAbility.java:1047)
   at forge.CardPredicates$7.apply(CardPredicates.java:98)
   at forge.CardPredicates$7.apply(CardPredicates.java:95)
   at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.computeNext(Iterators.java:702)
   at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
   at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
   at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:144)
   at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:125)
   at forge.CardLists.filter(CardLists.java:232)
   at forge.CardLists.getTargetableCards(CardLists.java:201)
   at forge.card.cardfactory.CardFactoryUtil$8.resolve(CardFactoryUtil.java:2760)
   at forge.game.player.PlayerControllerAi.playSpellAbilityNoStack(PlayerControllerAi.java:265)
   at forge.card.trigger.WrappedAbility.resolve(WrappedAbility.java:362)
   at forge.card.trigger.TriggerHandler.runSingleTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:431)
   at forge.card.trigger.TriggerHandler.runWaitingTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:215)
   at forge.card.trigger.TriggerHandler.runWaitingTriggers(TriggerHandler.java:183)
   at forge.game.GameAction.checkStateEffects(GameAction.java:895)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:958)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1544)
   at forge.game.Match$1.run(Match.java:103)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
noian

Postby noian » 06 Oct 2013, 06:35

Increasing bazaar max levels works for the shop but removes from the game effect (ex. Estates) even though the text in the shop isn't null, which makes me feel like it's hardcoded somewhere. Is it hardcoded anywhere? I guess I'll just checkout the SVN and take a look given I know programming and is a CompSci major. I see it's hardcoded. No matter, modified it myself with the following changes to the code based on the values that the tooltip for estates generates.
        if (lvlEstates > 0) {
            multi += 0.01 + (lvlEstates * 0.0075);
        }

return multi;
and
        double estateValue = qData.getAssets().getItemLevel(QuestItemType.ESTATES);

if (estateValue > 0) {
            credEstates = (int) ((0.1 +( estateValue * 0.05)) * credTotal);
            sb.append("Estates bonus: ").append((int) (100 * (0.1 +( estateValue * 0.05)))).append("%.<br>");
            credTotal += credEstates;
        }
Side Note: way too much stuff is hardcoded in the source code. There's 1094 classes in the src directory according to Explorer++. Is there really a need to have that much stuff hardcoded, or a need to have that many redundant interfaces? I can think of so many ways to remove redundancy. Ex. A generic shop upgrade class which is created via loading an external file (can be xml), and can be saved to a dictionary mapping. Looking at the code makes me want to rewrite the game in Haxe or something if I had the time (which I don't due to classes).
Last edited by noian on 06 Oct 2013, 09:01, edited 11 times in total.
noian

Postby TalpanianEmperor » 06 Oct 2013, 07:14

Hey there, just wanted to start off by saying thanks for all your hard work =D>

The bug I'm having right now is one that happened with this boardstate:
Bug.png
This was the boardstate

As you can see, I'm playing the new Commander variant with a BR disruption deck I'm testing. Now I had Teferi's Puzzle Box and Kederekt Parasite on the field, so at the start of each players turn they redrew their hand, and an opponent would take damage equal to the number of cards they drew.

The thing is, on every opponents turn, instead of the player drawing cards taking damage, the player who came after me in turn order took the damage. Then when she died, the player after her in turn order started taking the damage from the other opponent. Not at all sure what would cause this.

EDIT: Also, someone's probably commented on this already but EVERYTHING THE BOTS DO FIZZLES. Mortarpod, Blasting Station, Corrupt. So many times where I could've died if not for the fizzling.

Yours with gratitude, TalpanianEmperor.
TalpanianEmperor

Postby Hellfish » 06 Oct 2013, 08:35

Hey, TalpanianEmperor! Looks like you're running 1.5.0. The fizzling bug was fixed along with a common combat crash in 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 so it'd be a good idea to update. :) As for Teferi's Puzzle Box + Kederekt Parasite, it might still be bugged but I'll take a look :)
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Postby TalpanianEmperor » 06 Oct 2013, 08:48

Thanks for the reply, Hellfish! Turns out I was still in 1.5.0. I had been getting the .jar files for the latest versions but everything else was still in 1.5.0.

Much appreciated, TalpanianEmperor.
"Each year that passes rings you inwardly with memory and might. Wield your heart, and the world will tremble."
-- Doran, The Siege Tower.
TalpanianEmperor

PreviousNext

Return to Forge