It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:04

Text Size

The SVN, nightly builds and biweekly betas

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: The SVN, nightly builds and biweekly betas

Postby Chris H. » 14 Jun 2013, 11:34

Today's beta build and deploy appears to have stopped/paused without finishing and there is no build failure message so far. I assume that once again the process has stopped because slightlymagic is unresponsive.

| Open
Code: Select all
[INFO] Checking in modified POMs...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN && svn --non-interactive commit --file /var/folders/18/gb84vnwh8xschl006s6pn2b80000gn/T/maven-scm-1775440756.commit --targets /var/folders/18/gb84vnwh8xschl006s6pn2b80000gn/T/maven-scm-2666370362342141131-targets
[INFO] Working directory: /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN
[INFO] Tagging release with the label forge-1.4.1...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN && svn --non-interactive copy --file /var/folders/18/gb84vnwh8xschl006s6pn2b80000gn/T/maven-scm-657959405.commit --revision 22073 http://svn.slightlymagic.net/forge/trunk http://svn.slightlymagic.net/forge/tags/forge-1.4.1
[INFO] Transforming 'Forge'...
[INFO] Not removing release POMs
[INFO] Checking in modified POMs...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN && svn --non-interactive commit --file /var/folders/18/gb84vnwh8xschl006s6pn2b80000gn/T/maven-scm-1478495163.commit --targets /var/folders/18/gb84vnwh8xschl006s6pn2b80000gn/T/maven-scm-7726949485787482141-targets
[INFO] Release preparation complete.
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-release-plugin:2.3.2:perform (default-cli) @ forge ---
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target && svn --non-interactive checkout http://svn.slightlymagic.net/forge/tags/forge-1.4.1 /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/checkout
[INFO] Working directory: /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target

Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 14 Jun 2013, 12:18

Chris H. wrote:Today's beta build and deploy appears to have stopped/paused without finishing and there is no build failure message so far. I assume that once again the process has stopped because slightlymagic is unresponsive.

It appears to have continued after a period of time. Now looks like the archives were built and deployed. The process stopped once again during the deploying of the reports but we should be able to do a release with what we have.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 19 Jul 2013, 17:05

Tried to do a snapshot build and deploy this morning but my attempt ended in a BUILD FAILURE during the tests stage. It looks like there is a problem with the edited rankings.txt file.

I replaced this edited rankings.txt file with the one from yesterday and was able to build the forge project locally and the tests stage passed with a success.

| Open
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Forge 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ forge ---
[INFO] Deleting /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target
[INFO]
[INFO] --- build-helper-maven-plugin:1.7:released-version (released-version) @ forge ---
[INFO] artifact forge:forge: checking for updates from arcane-maven-repo
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
[INFO] artifact forge:forge: checking for updates from central
[INFO]
[INFO] --- build-helper-maven-plugin:1.7:parse-version (parse-version) @ forge ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- svn-revision-number-maven-plugin:1.13:revision (default) @ forge ---
[INFO] inspecting directory /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @ forge ---
[INFO] Using 'ISO-8859-1' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 2 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (build-version-string) @ forge ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:compile (default-compile) @ forge ---
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 989 source files to /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/classes
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/mana/ManaCostBeingPaid.java: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/mana/ManaCostBeingPaid.java: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/SealedProductTemplate.java: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/SealedProductTemplate.java: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:testResources (default-testResources) @ forge ---
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/test/resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ forge ---
[INFO] Compiling 17 source files to /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/test-classes
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.14.1:test (default-test) @ forge ---
[INFO] Surefire report directory: /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/surefire-reports

-------------------------------------------------------
T E S T S
Running TestSuite
Configuring TestNG with: TestNG652Configurator
failed : 41.0
failed : 42.0
Tests run: 8, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.301 sec <<< FAILURE!
test(forge.ReadDraftRankingsTest) Time elapsed: 0.546 sec <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<0.004273504273504274> but was:<0.008547008547008548>
at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:50)
at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:287)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:67)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:74)
at forge.ReadDraftRankingsTest.test(ReadDraftRankingsTest.java:35)

Results :

Failed tests:
ReadDraftRankingsTest.test:35 expected:<0.004273504273504274> but was:<0.008547008547008548>

Tests run: 8, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 30.579s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jul 19 12:47:22 EDT 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 30M/607M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.14.1:test (default-test) on project forge: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/disp ... eException
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Agetian » 19 Jul 2013, 18:12

@ Chris: this happens to me too, I'm not sure what's up... probably something up with the rankings file, yes. Maybe it's worth PMing the author of the modification?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby moomarc » 19 Jul 2013, 19:46

I had a quick look at the rankings files and there's definitely a few spelling errors, but it looks like there were some before as well so don't know if that could be causing it.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Chris H. » 19 Jul 2013, 21:08

moomarc wrote:I had a quick look at the rankings files and there's definitely a few spelling errors, but it looks like there were some before as well so don't know if that could be causing it.

It appears that the new rankings file now includes the M14 cards and the set edition is included for all of the cards.

I wonder if we need to add "M14" to the code or a file so this can be recognized?
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 20 Jul 2013, 12:40

I have studied this problem and I do not have a good solution. I have provided the test code below.

The test was failing on line 35 which is the Assert.assertEquals() test for the Garruk, Primal Hunter card. The ranking for this card recently was changed.

I commented out line 35 and reran the build Maven command. This time the test failed on line 39 which is the Assert.assertEquals() test for the Clone card. The ranking for this card was also recently changed.

I commented out line 36 39 and reran the build Maven command. This time there were no test errors and the local build finished. The last two cards that are tested apparently did not have a recent ranking change.

@Test(enabled = true)
public class ReadDraftRankingsTest {

/**
     * Card test.
     */
    @Test(enabled = true)
    void test() {
        ReadDraftRankings rdr = new ReadDraftRankings();
        Assert.assertNotNull(rdr);

CardRulesReader cr = new CardRulesReader();

List<String> cardLines = FileUtil.readFile(new File(NewConstants.CARD_DATA_DIR + "/g", "garruk_primal_hunter.txt"));
        CardRules c = cr.readCard(cardLines);
        // Assert.assertEquals(1.0 / 234.0, rdr.getRanking(c.getName(), "M13").doubleValue());

cardLines = FileUtil.readFile(new File(NewConstants.CARD_DATA_DIR + "/c", "clone.txt"));
        c = cr.readCard(cardLines);
        // Assert.assertEquals(38.0 / 234.0, rdr.getRanking(c.getName(), "M13").doubleValue());

cardLines = FileUtil.readFile(new File(NewConstants.CARD_DATA_DIR + "/t", "tamiyo_the_moon_sage.txt"));
        Assert.assertEquals(1.0 / 234.0, rdr.getRanking(c.getName(), "AVR").doubleValue());

// Mikaeus, the Lunarch has a comma in its name in the rankings file
        cardLines = FileUtil.readFile(new File(NewConstants.CARD_DATA_DIR + "/m", "mikaeus_the_lunarch.txt"));
        Assert.assertEquals(4.0 / 255.0, rdr.getRanking(c.getName(), "ISD").doubleValue());

}
}
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby friarsol » 20 Jul 2013, 13:45

Chris H. wrote:The test was failing on line 35 which is the Assert.assertEquals() test for the Garruk, Primal Hunter card. The ranking for this card recently was changed.
We shouldn't have unit tests for things that change like this, since we don't have control over the data that is being tested. The best you can probably do is make sure the ranking isn't less than 1, and isn't more than the number of cards in the set.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 20 Jul 2013, 22:01

I submitted my hack and was able to build and deploy a snapshot.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 04 Oct 2013, 17:10

Today's build and deploy for version 1.5.2 ended in a build failure. Looks like the surefire test failure bug occurred again. My local target folder once again contains an archive and it extracts and then will launch OK.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby noian » 06 Oct 2013, 21:45

SVN commit permission request to commit changes such as viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12074&start=15#p134781.

Since I'm active in other modding/coding endeavors (Haxe videogame, 3 DH mods, DH Dev, and classes), I most likely won't be an active contributor. Most contributions, if any in the future, will likely revolve around reducing hard coding and increasing modability since I am a modder and like to modify most single player games I play. I won't commit personal modifications.

In terms of qualifications, my github can be found at https://github.com/xhh2a if you are interested (though most of what I code is in private repos since they are for class), and I am a Senior at UC Berkeley studying Computer Science.
noian

Postby friarsol » 06 Oct 2013, 22:44

Anyone else having issues updating from svn?

svn: E175002: Server sent unexpected return value (413 Request Entity Too Large)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Sloth » 07 Oct 2013, 19:28

noian wrote:SVN commit permission request to commit changes such as viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12074&start=15#p134781.

Since I'm active in other modding/coding endeavors (Haxe videogame, 3 DH mods, DH Dev, and classes), I most likely won't be an active contributor. Most contributions, if any in the future, will likely revolve around reducing hard coding and increasing modability since I am a modder and like to modify most single player games I play. I won't commit personal modifications.

In terms of qualifications, my github can be found at https://github.com/xhh2a if you are interested (though most of what I code is in private repos since they are for class), and I am a Senior at UC Berkeley studying Computer Science.
Commit rights have been granted along with the membership. Welcome on board noian.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 11 Oct 2013, 13:35

Today's attempt to build and deploy a snapshot build resulted in a strange hang.

A process named ForkedBooter is being run and is displaying a progress bar. The process hangs about half way through and does not complete.

Screen Shot.jpg
Screen Shot.jpg (10.99 KiB) Viewed 11244 times

I did a google search and saw that this issue has come up with other people but I am not sure what needs to be done to fix this issue. :(

Last login: Fri Oct 11 08:08:44 on console
CardForge-2:~ chrish$ /Users/chrish/\ Forge\ Files/Daily\ Build\ to\ cardforge.command ; exit;
At revision 23466.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] Building Forge 1.5.3-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ forge ---
[INFO] Deleting /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target
[INFO]
[INFO] --- build-helper-maven-plugin:1.7:released-version (released-version) @ forge ---
[INFO] artifact forge:forge: checking for updates from arcane-maven-repo
[INFO] artifact forge:forge: checking for updates from central
[INFO]
[INFO] --- build-helper-maven-plugin:1.7:parse-version (parse-version) @ forge ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- svn-revision-number-maven-plugin:1.13:revision (default) @ forge ---
[INFO] inspecting directory /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @ forge ---
[INFO] Copying 2 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (build-version-string) @ forge ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:compile (default-compile) @ forge ---
[INFO] Compiling 1060 source files to /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/classes
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/mana/ManaCostBeingPaid.java: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/mana/ManaCostBeingPaid.java: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/SealedProductTemplate.java: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[WARNING] /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/main/java/forge/card/SealedProductTemplate.java: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:testResources (default-testResources) @ forge ---
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/src/test/resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ forge ---
[INFO] Compiling 16 source files to /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/test-classes
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.14.1:test (default-test) @ forge ---
[INFO] Surefire report directory: /Users/chrish/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/surefire-reports

T E S T S
Running TestSuite
Configuring TestNG with: TestNG652Configurator
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jendave » 11 Oct 2013, 19:11

It's a workaround, not a fix, but you can try:
mvn -U -B clean release:clean -P osx,windows-linux install site release:prepare release:perform -DskipTests=true
If that does not work try:
mvn -U -B clean release:clean -P osx,windows-linux install site release:prepare release:perform -DskipTests=true -Darguments="-Dskiptests=true"
jendave

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner