It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:55

Text Size

[ 20131019 ] JAC'S DOTP2014 DLC - CORE + DECKS

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Which TWO decks you like most? Tell me why too =)

1. Faerie Invasion
18%
2. Battle of the Woods
14%
3. Rise of the Elves
23%
4. Size Matters
9%
5. So Long, Farewell
5%
6. You'll Never Know
18%
7. Charged Up!
14%

Total votes : 22

Re: [ 20131009 ] JAC'S DOTP2014 DLC - CORE + DECKS

Postby jacque » 09 Oct 2013, 15:57

MC Brodie wrote:If you are seeing multiples of the same deck in the DotP deck manager or deck selection screen it is likely there are multiple copies of the content pack enabler code. I'll download the decks tonight and check them out if I have time. I can't help too much without seeing how you implemented the content pack enabler code.
Yes, that's what I see in the selection screen, and I've tried many ways to get it "repaired", but failed... I've re-created all the decks from scratch at least 4-5 times... each... and it's depressing >.<

Pheonix56 wrote:Tried the Treefolk deck and it worked perfectly for me. And damn it's good! I'll try the other decks later. BTW the link to the deck enabler to the OP post still links to the DLC.
Glad you liked the treefolk deck... Leaf-Crowned Elder is a gem =) Thanks to TFM's Kinship function which I "adopted" as my own, else the deck would be incomplete. RSN's Doran also worked like a charm =) Thanks for the reminder again... editing that main, first post like zzz... I remembered updating the description of what I copied, but forgot about the link... Content Enabler is really linked now... Enjoy =)

cagamelo wrote:Just tried the faerie deck, everything works fine except for terror, it didn't kill a creature with regenerate but I could be unclear on the rules, it's still not a big deal unless you target Garruk's troll.
Gahhh... I must apologize for not double checking on Terror, I thought it would be a very fool's proof card, copied the code and didn't really test if it works on a regenerable creature... I'll look into it later... But it did kill a creature right? (one without regen?) Sorry again for the Content Enabler...
EDIT: I found what went wrong... re-uploaded the Core... Terror should be working as it should now... *sorry you gotta re-download the Core >.<*

Appreciate much the feedbacks so far... I'll need more =)

NOTE: At any time you are not able to download DATA_DLC_JAC.wad, it just means that I'm uploading the latest one... =)

- CORE UPDATE: 119 cards total ( 40.7MB ).
- FIXED: Terror, Content Enabler link
- Trying to fix weird glitch seeing dual decks in DOTP2014 after updating Block ID to 333.
Learn making your own cards today!!!

Click on Image if a post/reply helped you.

I stitch old cards together to make new ones...

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby Pheonix56 » 09 Oct 2013, 16:32

Leaf Crowned Elder really shines combined with Treefolk Harbinger. And once they bring in Orchard Warden and Doran you get huge offense and defence at the same time. The synergy between the four is amazing. *_*
Pheonix56

Postby thefiremind » 09 Oct 2013, 16:44

jacque wrote:Thanks to TFM's Kinship function which I "adopted" as my own, else the deck would be incomplete.
I copied it from my DotP2013 mod, but now I think there's an easier way to do the same, which doesn't involve loops and doesn't need to be updated when new creature types come out. This actually served me as a reminder to look into it. :)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby jacque » 09 Oct 2013, 16:51

thefiremind wrote:
jacque wrote:Thanks to TFM's Kinship function which I "adopted" as my own, else the deck would be incomplete.
I copied it from my DotP2013 mod, but now I think there's an easier way to do the same, which doesn't involve loops and doesn't need to be updated when new creature types come out. This actually served me as a reminder to look into it. :)
I hope you won't mind that I'll "adopt" it again when you've reworked on the "better" version of Kinship =) hehehe

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby cagamelo » 09 Oct 2013, 17:02

jacque wrote:
cagamelo wrote:Just tried the faerie deck, everything works fine except for terror, it didn't kill a creature with regenerate but I could be unclear on the rules, it's still not a big deal unless you target Garruk's troll.
Gahhh... I must apologize for not double checking on Terror, I thought it would be a very fool's proof card, copied the code and didn't really test if it works on a regenerable creature... I'll look into it later... But it did kill a creature right? (one without regen?) Sorry again for the Content Enabler...
EDIT: I found what went wrong... re-uploaded the Core... Terror should be working as it should now... *sorry you gotta re-download the Core >.<*

Appreciate much the feedbacks so far... I'll need more =)

NOTE: At any time you are not able to download DATA_DLC_JAC.wad, it just means that I'm uploading the latest one... =)

- CORE UPDATE: 119 cards total ( 40.7MB ).
- FIXED: Terror, Content Enabler link
- Trying to fix weird glitch seeing dual decks in DOTP2014 after updating Block ID to 333.
It killed any other non-black creature, only the troll survived since Garruk paid the regen cost. I'll give it another try later, loving the faerie deck it's really fun.
cagamelo

Postby thefiremind » 09 Oct 2013, 18:05

jacque wrote:I hope you won't mind that I'll "adopt" it again when you've reworked on the "better" version of Kinship =) hehehe
On second thought, I'll leave it as it is. I thought about using a filter with OP_INTERSECTS (as in Coat of Arms or Shared Animosity), but then it would count all sub-types, not just creature sub-types. I don't want the function to report true when comparing, for example, Obsidian Battle-Axe and Thornbite Staff, which share an artifact sub-type but not a creature sub-type. Maybe we'll never need to compare two tribal artifacts, but since the function works as it is, there's no need to simplify it and make it worse.

A thing you probably want to do is to change 1227 with 1230 in the kinship function, so that it counts the new creature types introduced in Theros.
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: [ 20131010 ] JAC'S DOTP2014 DLC - CORE + DECKS

Postby Ramza88 » 09 Oct 2013, 22:12

Evening. 1'st of all, i've checked all the decks and they all seem pretty well made. 15 unlocks in each is great, and the decks dont revolve arround 4 copies of lets say 5 kinds of monsters which is just lame if u ask me. when it comes to bug's i've encountered a few. the 1st one that i saw was when i tried to edit lands in "So Long, Farewell", basiclly i cant add green lands 'cose it shows only blue,dark and red... also when i click the confirm button it erases the green lands entirelly from the deck, and i cant restore them back only by clicking auto-adjust. This meants that to edit the number of green lands i need to add all cards to the deck, auto-add, then remove the cards lol. Second bug i've encountered is that i cannot start a multiplayer match when i added your mod. So far i can tell that the problem lies in either the core WAD file or the enabler. With the rest of the files the game works normally. Serouslly Mate, great job building those decks. I hope you will find a sollution to those 2 things i wrote.
Ramza88

Postby jacque » 10 Oct 2013, 00:03

Ramza88 wrote:Evening. 1'st of all, i've checked all the decks and they all seem pretty well made. 15 unlocks in each is great, and the decks dont revolve arround 4 copies of lets say 5 kinds of monsters which is just lame if u ask me.
Thank you =) I really hope you enjoyed them... I love providing as much option when it comes to cards but at the same time try to maintain consistency...

when it comes to bug's i've encountered a few. the 1st one that i saw was when i tried to edit lands in "So Long, Farewell", basiclly i cant add green lands 'cose it shows only blue,dark and red... also when i click the confirm button it erases the green lands entirelly from the deck, and i cant restore them back only by clicking auto-adjust. This meants that to edit the number of green lands i need to add all cards to the deck, auto-add, then remove the cards lol.
I suspect the culprit that's causing this is Murderous Redcap, and it lies in it's casting cost, where either B/R can be spent. I was quite reluctant adding that card if it wasn't for it's removal ability and being a persist creature. TBH, I didn't notice this bug till you mentioned it here. I'm afraid that there's nothing much I can do (regarding the adjusting of lands in game)... In fact the lands I set was 5 Forest, 5 Swamp and 4 Island... but somehow it came out a lil diff... I didn't sweat about it cause I've added BoPs, Cultivates and Evolving Wilds to make up for it... I hope someone who had a similar experience could give us a new light to this... *sorry*

Second bug i've encountered is that i cannot start a multiplayer match when i added your mod. So far i can tell that the problem lies in either the core WAD file or the enabler. With the rest of the files the game works normally. Serouslly Mate, great job building those decks. I hope you will find a sollution to those 2 things i wrote.
I don't have any experience at all when it comes to Multiplayer... All I know that in order for a match in multiplayer to begin, each and every human player participating must the same mods installed... Having said so, your friend(s) should have my mod installed as well in order for you to have a game with them (even though you may not be using any of my decks for the match)... *please correct me if I'm wrong*

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby Ramza88 » 10 Oct 2013, 00:25

I suspect the culprit that's causing this is Murderous Redcap, and it lies in it's casting cost, where either B/R can be spent. I was quite reluctant adding that card if it wasn't for it's removal ability and being a persist creature. TBH, I didn't notice this bug till you mentioned it here. I'm afraid that there's nothing much I can do (regarding the adjusting of lands in game)... In fact the lands I set was 5 Forest, 5 Swamp and 4 Island... but somehow it came out a lil diff... I didn't sweat about it cause I've added BoPs, Cultivates and Evolving Wilds to make up for it... I hope someone who had a similar experience could give us a new light to this... *sorry*
Well, to make up for the ability to adjust green lands, you could always add forest as normall cards in the deck, not much of a solution, but i think it could do the trick untill someone else finds a solution to this problem.

I don't have any experience at all when it comes to Multiplayer... All I know that in order for a match in multiplayer to begin, each and every human player participating must the same mods installed... Having said so, your friend(s) should have my mod installed as well in order for you to have a game with them (even though you may not be using any of my decks for the match)... *please correct me if I'm wrong*
Its not like my friend cant join me, or i cant join him. When i add your mod the game simply crashes when i click on "remote player" trying to host or join. I have absolutely no idea how to solve this issue. Deleting other mods would be a big shame, so i hope it wont be necessery.Guess I'll wait untill someone finds a solution.
btw. Size Maters and Faerie Invasion are awesome =D>
Ramza88

Postby jacque » 10 Oct 2013, 00:48

Ramza88 wrote:Well, to make up for the ability to adjust green lands, you could always add forest as normall cards in the deck, not much of a solution, but i think it could do the trick untill someone else finds a solution to this problem.
I tried doing that just now and I got 276 lands in the deck xD... So I din look into it anymore... =(

Regarding the Multiplayer thing... I'd love to find out why too... Please keep me updated... and sorry not being able to be of much help... =(

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby Ramza88 » 10 Oct 2013, 02:06

I tried doing that just now and I got 276 lands in the deck xD... So I din look into it anymore... =(

Regarding the Multiplayer thing... I'd love to find out why too... Please keep me updated... and sorry not being able to be of much help... =(
About the 270+ lands thingy... ignore it lol, i saw a few decks that had that glitch but they still ware playable. after adjusting the number of lands to the correct number, everything was fine so try it out. About the multiplayer bug, well, I hope that someone more experienced here could help , since this mod is really great and worth the effort. I'll keep you posted if anything else comes up. Keep up the good work mate.
Ramza88

Postby jacque » 10 Oct 2013, 02:44

Ramza88 wrote:About the 270+ lands thingy... ignore it lol, i saw a few decks that had that glitch but they still ware playable. after adjusting the number of lands to the correct number, everything was fine so try it out. About the multiplayer bug, well, I hope that someone more experienced here could help , since this mod is really great and worth the effort. I'll keep you posted if anything else comes up. Keep up the good work mate.
I am not sure if this helps, you might wanna try this version... still couldn't change the number of Forests tho... stuck at 5...

Last edited by jacque on 12 Oct 2013, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby thefiremind » 10 Oct 2013, 08:38

jacque wrote:I suspect the culprit that's causing this is Murderous Redcap, and it lies in it's casting cost, where either B/R can be spent.
Have you tried to set minForest, minSwamp and minIsland (from Riiak's Deck Builder)? When I made the wither deck in DotP2013 I wanted it mono-black despite having hybrid cards, so I set minSwamp to 25 (the number of lands I was using). If you set a minimum amount of each land type you are using, they should kick the Mountains out. I did that only in DotP2013 and there was no land adjusting, so it might not work now, but it's worth a try.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby jacque » 10 Oct 2013, 09:47

thefiremind wrote:A thing you probably want to do is to change 1227 with 1230 in the kinship function, so that it counts the new creature types introduced in Theros.
Done... =) *now I know what those numbers in the function means xD* Thanks TFM!!!
thefiremind wrote:Have you tried to set minForest, minSwamp and minIsland (from Riiak's Deck Builder)?
I did set the min amount of lands with the IgnoreCMC thing at -1. But the results I got always differ from what I wanted... I'll try to set more lands... and see if it kicks the Mountain out... Thanks TFM!!!

20131011 - FAT PACK!!!
- CORE UPDATE: 184 cards total ( 41.8MB ).
- NEW DECK(1): You'll Never Know.
- I've included other Treefolk, Faerie and Elf cards that I've worked on in this release. =)
- Updated Kinship function to support new Theros creature types.
- This was actually scheduled to be released tomorrow... BUT I CAN'T WAIT xD

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Re: [ 20131011 ] JAC'S DOTP2014 DLC - CORE + DECKS

Postby chieuduong » 11 Oct 2013, 19:36

Small bug I found : Creakwood Liege doesn't spam 1/1 BG worm during upkeep :)
chieuduong

PreviousNext

Return to 2014