It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:57

Text Size

[wait list]Man-o'-War effect to Illusion abil

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[wait list]Man-o'-War effect to Illusion abil

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Nov 2013, 17:32

Describe the Bug:
If Man-o'-War cip ability targets a creature with Illusion (Phantasmal Dragon here) it returns it to the hand but illusion ability has to resolve first and the creature has to be sacrificed.

Which card did behave improperly ?
Man-o'-War or Illusion or both

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
theros

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?
Cast Man-o'-War targeting Phantasmal Dragon go on the stack ,Phantasmal Dragon ability triggers,now is the first to resolve in stack so Phantasmal Dragon gets sacrificed and Man-o'-War ability doesn't find then anything to target.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?

Man-o'-War Unsearchable
Attachments
man-o'-war ,-phantasmal dragon.rar
wait your next turn
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 14 Jul 2018, 07:43, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: wait list by BAgate-reconfirmed by me dev 778ccb5 version
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Man-o'-War effect to Illusion ability

Postby Korath » 29 Nov 2013, 18:00

In PtT, if anything targets a card with the Skulking Ghost ability during a trigger, nothing's going to happen except maybe by accident.

Next version, they'll be able to see they were targeted during a trigger, but still won't get a chance to do anything until the trigger's done resolving. So this particular interaction is still going to be broken.

I don't see that being fixed anytime soon. Manalink triggers don't have separate announcement and resolution; targets are chosen and the effect happens all at once. That's completely impractical to fix; even if the engine were updated, and we don't understand the right parts of it nearly well enough to do so, every single card that responds to a trigger would need to be updated as well.

And Skulking Ghost can't activate from within the targeting functions, or else you could, say, cast a two-target Fireball, pick the Ghost as the first target, scare it into the graveyard, and cancel, getting your Fireball and mana back.

Though, hm. Maybe we could make cancelling roll the whole game state back, like with AI speculation, instead of just refunding spent mana and putting the card back in your hand. Still scary and difficult, but at least feasible. Though still won't happen anytime soon.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [wait list]Man-o'-War effect to Illusion ability

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Dec 2013, 08:45

The search option can't find Man-o'-War because of it's name so I can't find previous posts about this but I remember there are posts about it:

When AI plays Man-o'-War is not forced to target Man-o'-War itself (if it is the only creature in the battlefield)or ANY of it's creatures when there aren't any creatures in my side.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [New bug added-wait list]Man-o'-War effect to Illusion a

Postby Korath » 02 Dec 2013, 13:04

Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [New bug added-wait list]Man-o'-War effect to Illusion a

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Dec 2013, 14:57

I knew I reported about it, but that it was only 2 weeks ago.....on the same update.... :oops: and I can't go for a memory update ,they do say drinking water helps maybe if I drink a couple of Olympic proportions pools with drinking water .....who knows... :lol:
Damn search you made a fool out of me.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports