It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:57

Text Size

MCS: DLC - No Longer Taking Requests (22 Decks - Mar 1 2014)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MCS: DLC - No Longer Taking Requests (22 Decks - Mar 1 2014)

Postby MC Brodie » 02 Jan 2014, 03:48

MC Brodie's DLC and User Requested Decks
How to Request a Deck
In Kieran's absences I'm going to start taking deck requests from forum members. I'm not promising much but in my free time I'll try to get what I can done. If you have previously requested a deck in Kieran's thread, please re-request it here.
The criteria for requesting a deck are as follows:
  1. Cards in the main deck
  2. Deck name
  3. Planeswalker name (the AI name when the AI plays your deck)
  4. The number of stars for size, speed and flexibility
  5. Artwork for the following
    • Box Art
    • Small planeswalker image
    • Large planeswalker image

I will not include any custom cards or cards that require too many approximations that go against the rules of Magic. I'll let you know if there is a card that I'm unwilling to code. Please post all requests in this thread. If you pm me a request I'm just going to tell you to post it in this thread. I'll try to code all cards if I can. If you would like to speed up the process, you can request cards in the Formal Request Thread.

Custom DLC
I'll also include some decks that I've come up with. Well they are mostly net decks with some slight variations. I don't have much time to play all of the other custom DLCs from other users so sorry if there are some repeats. Also, there are certain color combinations that I enjoy playing which will probably skew the kind of decks I make. I'll try my best to keep a variety of decks in my mod.

DLC Requirements
Simply paste the following into the same folder as the DotP executable file.

Additional Deck Prerequisites
Unless noted in the deck listings below, the files above are all you will need. However, some specific decks/cards require other mods to be installed. Here are the links for these other mods:

Deck Information
These of course are optional.
  1. Norin the Brave (Wr) - A deck full of small white creatures that benefit off of Norin the Wary entering the battlefield
  2. Catch Scratch Fever (GW) - A cat themed deck that protects itself with Seht's Tiger and Whitemane Lion until it can equip a Raksha Golden Cub with a Ronin Warclub
  3. Devotion to Zombies (Bu) - A deck with a light zombie theme featuring the Gray Merchant of Asphodel and varying ways of making him enter and leave the battlefield
  4. Simic Behemoth (Gu) - A deck full of graft creatures that can pack a pretty big punch once Fungal Behemoth hits the battlefield
  5. Dark Plague (BW) - A Pestilence deck with protection from black creatures
  6. Kessig Night Stalkers (RG) [Requires RSN MM, TFM and PLW] - A user requested deck from thepiebaker stacked with transform creatures ready to take your opponent down
  7. Attack on Hydra (RG) - A user requested deck from thepiebaker with a Hydra theme and some mana ramp. Play a Kalonian Hydra followed by a Primordial Hydra the next turn and be prepared to take your opponent down in one swift swing.
  8. For the Good of the Swarm (BG) - I really enjoyed playing with Greater Good in last year's Sepulchral Strength so I found a list that tried to use it to it's potential. This is a pretty fun and powerful deck that has some control/life gain aspects until it can get the Greater Good engine going.
  9. Blood Rage (RG) [Requires RSN MM] - A deck requested by sylvento22 that focuses on the Bloodthirst mechanic.
  10. The Izzet Shuffle (UR) - I made this deck for fun but it is not very competitive at all. It is based on Cosi's Trickster and Psychogenic Probe then various ways of making your opponent shuffle their library. It is slow and not powerful so if anyone has suggestions for improvement I'm all ears.
  11. Artifact Rampage (r) [Requires RSN MM] - This is an artifact deck requested by sylvento22. The cards synergize well and with a little time you can easily get some threats on board that are hard for your opponents to handle.
  12. Devour Death (RG) [Requires RSN MM] - A deck requested by sylvento22 that matches the devour mechanic with undying.
  13. Congo Rats (BR) - sylvento22s rat themed deck that somewhat reminds me of the goblin deck from last year. The rats are quick and can take down the largest of creatures.
  14. Pinger Death (U) - This is an interesting off-theme monoblue deck from sylvento22. It is focused around creatures like Prodigal Sorcerer, Suq’Ata Firewalker and Thornwind Faeries and involves a slow death to your opponent.
  15. Lullscape (UWb) - A merfolk control deck full of counterspells and Lullmage Mentor. If you run out of counterspells you can merfolk off of Conspiracy, then any "birds" produced by Dovescape can be tapped by your Lullmage Mentor.
  16. The Seven Nation Army (W) [Requires PLW] - A quick and aggressive soldier themed deck requested by Drakno. The deck features Brimaz, King of Oreskos, the new Born of the Gods legendary creature.
  17. I Wish I had an Angel (W) [Requires RSN MM] - A mono-white angel deck requested by Drakno with various ways to get your angels out early. With the right draw you can cast a turn 2 Pristine Angel or Baneslayer Angel and on turn 3 cast Avacyn, Angel of Hope.
  18. Jacob's Rock (BG) - An aggressive Life from the Loam / dredge deck that Michael Jacob piloted to 5th place at GP Los Angeles in 2009.
  19. Wither Away (BG) [Requires RSN MM] - A wither themed deck requested by sylvento22.
  20. Elemental Rage (BR) - A sacrifice themed deck with Bloodflow Connoisseur, Blood Artist and some undying creatures. Requested by sylvento22.
  21. Trololol (BG) - A troll themed deck requested by thepiebaker.
  22. Web of Death (G) - A spider themed deck requested by thepiebaker.

Additional Information
  • As always with any of my mods, expect there to be bugs. I'm still learning and have tested the cards/decks but I am sure I've missed something. If you find a bug, get a script log error or experience a crash using my mod please let me know with as much information about the issue that you can write down. I'll try to get it fixed for you in the next release.
  • Manual Mana tapping - Personally, I have more fun when I do not use Riiak's Manual Mana functions. I'm an impatient person and I find that sticking to the auto-tapping lands is more AI friendly and the games go by faster. This has the unfortunate drawback of limiting the potential cards available in my mod. This is completely a personal preference. I know people will request cards that use Riiak's Manual Mana functions and I am still willing to support them. Just know that my custom decks do not require these functions. Also, if you have used Riiak's Manual Mana functions before, you may notice that may behave differently. Lands that I have coded are setup to primarily be auto-tapping lands and you have the option to manually tap the land whenever you want (similar to how the basic lands work when using Riiak's Manual Mana mod). I know there are also drawbacks to this implementation. If you have a problem with it you can always download my custom cards and make your own deck using Riiak's Deck Builder.
  • Lastly, I'd like to say thank you to this community. This is my first experience with programming (if you would even call it that) and I'm still pretty green with Magic as well. I've couldn't have done it without the community's help. Thanks for putting up with all my questions. I hope they have at least provided you with some comic relief :D . And when I remember to change it, I hope you've at least enjoyed my song of the day.

Change Log
  • v4.1.0 - Fixed the mistake I make when zipping the deck wads. New version of the deck wad download is up.
  • v4.0.0 - Added four new decks (Wither Away, Elemental Rage, Trololol and Web of Death). Fixed the deck colors for Jacob's Rock.
  • v3.1.0 - Small bug fix to the Cards wad.
  • v3.0.0 - Added four new decks (Lullscape, The Seven Nation Army, I Wish I had an Angel and Jacob's Rock). Fixed the counter ability on Lullmage Mentor.
  • v2.0.0 - Added three new decks (Devour Death, Congo Rats and Pinger Death). Minor bug fixes including fixing Kessig Wolf Run again.
  • v1.1.2 - Added three new decks (Blood Rage, The Izzet Shuffle and Artifact Rampage). Minor bug fixes.
  • v1.1.1 - Added the For the Good of the Swarm deck. Added some cards to the sideboard of the Attack on Hydra deck. Fixed Kessig Wolf Run for the AI so it will now tap mana for them.
  • v1.1.0 - Added two request decks from thepiebaker. Fixed a minor bug with Worship.
  • v1 - Initial release
Last edited by MC Brodie on 03 Jul 2014, 00:04, edited 15 times in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Re: MCS: DCL and Taking Forum Requests

Postby MC Brodie » 02 Jan 2014, 03:48

Below are the cards you will find in my mod.

Creatures, Spells and Enchantments | Open
Abyssal Persecutor
Æther Rift
Ajani's Pridemate
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Ancient Grudge
Apocalypse Hydra
Aquastrand Spider
Arctic Nishoba
Basilisk Collar
Bathe in Light
Bitterblossom
Bladed Bracers
Blasphemous Act
Blood Ogre
Bribery
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Butcher’s Cleaver
Caldera Hellion
Captain of the Watch
Chimeric Mass
Clock of Omens
Cloudshift
Coiling Oracle
Collective Voyage
Conspiracy
Coretapper
Cosi’s Trickster
Cranial Plating
Curiosity
Cytoplast Root-Kin
Damnation
Darkblast
Daru Warchief
Deadeye Navigator (Requires RSN ObjectDC)
Decimate
Destructive Revelry
Deus of Calamity
Dimir House Guard
Disciple of Grace
Disciple of Griselbrand
Doubling Season
Dovescape
Duskrider Falcon
Eladamri’s Call
Energy Chamber
Enlightened Tutor
Enlistment Officer
Ensnaring Bridge
Everflowing Chalice (Requires RSN Manual Mana Functions)
Extract
Fabricate
Feral Animist
Feral Hydra
Field Marshall
Fires of Yavimaya
Fleecemane Lion
Fling
Fungal Behemoth
Genesis Chamber
Gray Merchant of Asphodel
Grim Harvest
Ghostly Flicker
Gluttonous Slime
Golem Foundry
Gomazoa
Gorgon Flail
Go for the Throat
Greater Good
Guardian Seraph
Harpoon Sniper
Hellhole Rats
Hex Parasite
Homing Lightning
Horseshoe Crab
Hound of Griselbrand
Humble
Hydra Omnivore
Increasing Savagery
Inquisitor’s Flail
Into the Roil
Iron Myr
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Judge of Currents
Kalonian Hydra
Keldon Battlewagon
Kitchen Finks
Krosan Restorer
Lantern of Insight
Launch Party
Lead the Stampede
Life from the Loam
Lightning Greaves
Lightning Strike
Lullmage Mentor
Marrow-Gnawer
Massacre Wurm
Massive Raid
Merrow Commerce
Mind Over Matter
Mirrorworks
Mnemonic Nexus
Molten Hydra
Molten Psyche
Mycoloth
Norin the Wary
Ogre Slumlord
Ophidian Eye
Ordeal of Purphoros
Pack Rat
Paladin en-Vec
Penumbra Bobcat
Pestilence
Pentavus
Pit Fight
Plaxcaster Frogling
Polukranos World Eater
Precinct Captain
Primal Vigor
Pristine Angel
Proclamation of Rebirth
Prodigal Sorcerer
Psionic Gift
Psychic Surgery
Psychogenic Probe
Putrefy
Rabble-Rouser
Raksha Golden Cub
Ranger of Eos
Rats of Rath
Raven’s Crime
Recurring Nightmare
Remand
Ronin Warclub
Rootborn Defenses
Rootwater Theif
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Savageborn Hydra
Scab-Clan Mauler
Scorned Villager // Moonscarred Werewolf (Requires RSN Manual Mana and TFM Other DLC)
Seek the Horizon
Seht’s Tiger
Sharpened Pitchfork
Silvergill Adept
Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
Skarrgan Skybreaker
Skinrender
Skullmulcher
Slaughter Pact
Spike Tiller
Soldier of Fortune
Sol Ring (Requires RSN Manual Mana Functions)
Soul's Attendant
Spear of Heliod
Stab Wound
Staff of Nin
Steel Overseer
Stonybrook Schoolmaster
Strangleroot Geist
Stronghold Rats
Suq’Ata Firewalker
Sygg, River Guide
Sylvok Lifestaff
Taj-Nar Swordsmith
Tarmogoyf
Thornwind Faeries
Thoughtseize
Thragtusk
Thunder-Thrash Elder
Titan Forge
Trading Post
Triskelavus
Triumph of Ferocity
Twisted Abomination
Typhoid Rats
Undead Gladiator
Viridian Longbow
Voice of All
Voice of Grace
Wall of Junk
Warstorm Surge
Whirling Dervish
Whitemane Lion
Winds of Change
Worm Harvest
Worship
Young Wolf
Zhur-Taa Druid (Requires RSN Manual Mana Functions)
Zombie Master

Lands | Open
Akoum Refuge
Arid Mesa
Azorius Guildgate
Bad River
Barren Moor
Blood Crypt
Bloodstained Mire
Boros Guildgate
Breeding Pool
Clifftop Retreat
Copperline Gorge
Dimir Guildgate
Dragonskull Summit
Drowned Catacomb
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Flood Plain
Flooded Strand
Ghost Quarter
Glacial Fortress
Godless Shrine
Golgari Guildgate
Grasslands
Great Furnace
Gruul Guildgate
Hallowed Fountain
Hinterland Harbor
Isolated Chapel
Izzet Guildgate
Llanowar Reborn
Kazandu Refuge
Kessig Wolf Run
Marsh Flats
Miren, the Moaning Well
Misty Rainforest
Mountain Valley
Orzhov Guildgate
Overgrown Tomb
Polluted Delta
Raging Ravine (Requires RSN Manual Mana Functions)
Rakdos Guildgate
Rocky Tar Pit
Rootbound Crag
Sacred Foundry
Scalding Tarn
Seat of the Synod
Selesnya Guildgate
Simic Guildgate
Steam Vents
Stomping Ground
Sulfur Falls
Sunpetal Grove
Taiga
Temple Garden
Temple of Abandon
Temple of Deceit
Temple of Mystery
Temple of Silence
Temple of Triumph
Tranquil Thicket
Urza's Mine (Requires RSN Manual Mana Functions)
Urza's Power Plant (Requires RSN Manual Mana Functions)
Urza's Tower (Requires RSN Manual Mana Functions)
Verdant Catacombs
Watery Grave
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills
Woodland Cemetery

Tokens | Open
Bird - 1/1 White/Blue, Flying (11)
Cat - 2/1 Black
Cat Soldier - 1/1 White, Vigilance (16) - (13)
Cat Warrior - 2/2 Green, Forestwalk
Faerie Rogue - 1/1 Blue/Black, Flying (15)
Goat - 0/1 White
Golem - 3/3 Colorless
Golem - 9/9 Colorless
Merfolk - 1/1 Blue (12)
Merfolk Wizard - 1/1 Blue (10)
Myr - 1/1 Colorless
Pentavite - 1/1 Colorless, Flying
Rat - 1/1 Black (9)
Triskelavite - 1/1 Colorless, Flying
Worm - 1/1 Black/Green (14)
Last edited by MC Brodie on 13 Feb 2014, 00:26, edited 6 times in total.
MC Brodie

Re: MCS: DCL and Taking Forum Requests

Postby MC Brodie » 02 Jan 2014, 03:49

Reserved
MC Brodie

Re: MCS: DCL and Taking Forum Requests (5 Decks)

Postby thepiebaker » 02 Jan 2014, 04:17

thepiebaker

Postby MC Brodie » 03 Jan 2014, 12:40

If I remember correctly TFM did not include Kruin Outlaw because there was a bug in the engine that allowed the computer to block the transformed side with only one creature. Do you have a replacement for this card?

I imagine Scorned Villager isn't included in the transform pack because the transformed side requires manual mana functions. I'll take a look at what it will take to add a new transform card this weekend. Hopefully it won't be too much and I can find a way that won't cause too many compatibility issues.
MC Brodie

Postby thepiebaker » 04 Jan 2014, 10:13

well if you're not able to do kruin outlaw that would be a bummer since i use it as the heavy hitter in my irl deck. if you cant i wouldn't complain if it was just taken out of the deck. I can substitute it the daybreak ranger and the two reckless waifs in the unlocked section or throw in a few huntmaster of the fells.

and i just looked at the list and apparently reckless waif is not in there as well. though good news is from what i've seen with this community is that everyone is very helpful when it comes to helping out others. if someone with the proper knowledge doesnt post here then ask in the formal request thread and you should get an answer shortly after.
thepiebaker

Postby thepiebaker » 05 Jan 2014, 13:26

| Open
Apocalypse Hydra x2
Feral Hydra X3
Hydra Omnivore x2
Kalonian Hydra x4
Primordial Hydra x2
Savageborn Hydra x3
Vastwood Hydra x2
Molten Hydra x2
Pulukranos, World Eater x2
Warstorm Surge x3
Khalni Heart Expedition x3
Collective Voyage x2 (if cant code then New Frontiers x2)
Rampant Growth x2
Rites of Flourishing x2
Seek the Horizon x2
Inferno x2
Increasing Savagery x2
Pit Fight x2
Triumph of Ferocity x2
Primal Rage x2
Souls Fire x2
Volcanic Geyser x2
2. Attack on Hydra
3. Apocalypse Hydra
4. doesn't matter
5. Apocalypse Hydra for all

Most of the cards are already made across multiple mods you'll probably only have to code 5-8 or so.

This deck is also made on paper, so to speak. I have not tested this in person, so if more experienced deck builder would put their two cents in terms of balancing then the deck would probably be better.
thepiebaker

Re: MCS: DLC and Taking Forum Requests (7 Decks - Jan 8 2014

Postby MC Brodie » 09 Jan 2014, 04:27

Okay I added an update with your two decks. Please report any bugs as I am sure there are some.

I ran a few test games with the hydra deck and tweaked it a little. I tried to leave some variety in there. It definitely has some explosive draws but it also has it's weak ones. If you want to change it up some let me know. That deck is probably pretty beasty in 2HG.

Also, I was able to code Collective Voyage but when I was testing the AI never wanted to cast it. I made the AI use a deck with only lands and Collective Voyage and the AI still never cast it. Even when the AI was on my team and I had a landfall creature on the battlefield ready to unleash havoc. Just be aware this card isn't very AI friendly. If any experienced modder knows how I could tweak the card so the AI will at least play it please let me know.
MC Brodie

Postby thepiebaker » 09 Jan 2014, 05:58

Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed, would Doubling Season and Primal Vigor have an effect on the +1/+1 counters being given to the hydras as they enter the battlefield? might be an idea to add a few instances of those two to the hydra deck. I know that Doubling Season is already in a mod somewhere on this site and the deck pack that was released this week also contains it and Primal Vigor was discussed in the formal request thread.

I've played a few matches with the decks and really enjoying the hydra one and everything looks like it's running smoothly.
thepiebaker

Postby thepiebaker » 13 Jan 2014, 04:59

just played a match against kessig night stalkers. the ai did not have to tap land other than kessig wolf run when using the +x/+0 + trample ability.
thepiebaker

Re: MCS: DLC and Taking Forum Requests (8 Decks - Jan 17 201

Postby MC Brodie » 18 Jan 2014, 03:28

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it the next time I get a chance. I've also added those cards you've requested to the hydra deck (though I'm not sure Primal Vigor) as well as another deck of my own. I just need to find some time and get them uploaded.

Edit -- Sorry for my tardiness. I've found that I have even less time than I originally anticipated. I won't be able to work on any cards or decks during the weekdays. I'll try to see what I can get done on the weekends though. I've added the cards you've requested thepitebaker to the hydra deck. Thank you for pointing out the bug in Kessig Wolf Run. It should be fixed.
I've also added a deck of my own that is pretty fun. I have a few more decks of my own that I'll be working on. I got a few deck requests from sylvento22 that I'll also work on. In the future please post all deck requests in this thread. It will make it easier on me :) .

Thanks on your patience with this stuff. And as always please report any bugs you find.
MC Brodie

Postby sylento22 » 18 Jan 2014, 04:35

good work on decks cant wait to see mine up here :)
sylento22

Postby thepiebaker » 18 Jan 2014, 06:09

Can't wait to see what they'll bring.
thepiebaker

Re: MCS: DLC and Taking Forum Requests (11 Decks - Jan 20 20

Postby MC Brodie » 20 Jan 2014, 18:32

There are 3 new decks up. Please post any bugs.

edit - And Neo, I borrowed your artwork for the Urza lands. They were really good. I hope you don't mind.
MC Brodie

Re: MCS: DLC and Taking Forum Requests (11 Decks - Jan 20 20

Postby sylento22 » 21 Jan 2014, 07:38

My 2 decks you posted aren't working for me it sez their are 60 cards yet only like 6 cards show up rest aren't showing .... maybe their is something wrong with them or a conflict with another mod or something really would like some help on this (really wanta play my decks) hit me back on PM or on here let me know what you think thankx
sylento22

Next

Return to 2014