It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:40

Text Size

New cube?

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

New cube?

Postby Lodici » 01 Jun 2014, 17:54

In my travels I came across the MTGO 2014 New Account Starter Kit which I thought would make a good beginner's cube (minus the Avatar cards). Agree?
Lodici
Programmer

Re: New cube?

Postby ShawnieBoy » 01 Jun 2014, 18:44

I'd still like a format filter - separate from the cubes so you can also see missing cards. (Just saves time for me from remembering and selecting all the sets in standard, hehe)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 02 Jun 2014, 10:00

ShawnieBoy wrote:I'd still like a format filter - separate from the cubes so you can also see missing cards. (Just saves time for me from remembering and selecting all the sets in standard, hehe)
Still on my TODO...
Lodici
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 07 Jul 2014, 18:04

As that's all done, which would be the best way to display the sets?

Currently they're alphabetical, but would chronological, or reverse chronological be better? (I'm thinking reverse chronological, so most recent sets are at the top, but that could just be my preference)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 07 Jul 2014, 19:28

ShawnieBoy wrote:As that's all done, which would be the best way to display the sets?

Currently they're alphabetical, but would chronological, or reverse chronological be better? (I'm thinking reverse chronological, so most recent sets are at the top, but that could just be my preference)
If you elect to filter cards by set then presumably you know what set you want to filter by, so alphabetical seems most relevant. Ordering the set filters is a different question ("I want to filter the filters!"), but quite a interesting one. It should be possible to add ordering options to the bottom of the filter panel. First though, MagicSetDefinitions will need to be updated with the release date (or release number) for each set (which I will leave to you :)), eg
Code: Select all
_2ED ("Unlimited Edition", "<release date in YYYY-MM-DD format or a sequential number>")
Lodici
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 07 Jul 2014, 23:58

Lodici wrote:If you elect to filter cards by set then presumably you know what set you want to filter by, so alphabetical seems most relevant. Ordering the set filters is a different question ("I want to filter the filters!"), but quite a interesting one. It should be possible to add ordering options to the bottom of the filter panel. First though, MagicSetDefinitions will need to be updated with the release date (or release number) for each set (which I will leave to you :)), eg
Code: Select all
_2ED ("Unlimited Edition", "<release date in YYYY-MM-DD format or a sequential number>")
Challenge accepted - I never thought of filtering the filters, but that certainly makes more sense than having an order that doesn't feel right to you. I'll start adding some dates ;)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 14 Dec 2016, 13:44

It's an old topic, but it fits my request.
what about adding a feature to the deck editor to generate cubes?
Also (OT) what about improving a bit the random deck generation? Actually it generates 40 cards decks instead of 60, and usually the cards are single copy (aside for lands). These 2 facts combined lead to situations like the AI has absolutely no chanche in hell to the opposite when playing with random generated decks, but palying with random preconstructed decks becomes boring after a while...
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 14 Dec 2016, 14:05

The 40 cards and low duplicates is supposed to replicate the resulting cards from a draft - ie. the Computer drafts for both you and the AI and gives you the cards.

The deck generator really needs a good overhaul, allowing for 60 card decks for a start, and the random themed decks are far too narrow (Lots of cards are pre-assigned, instead of from a themed pool).

As we now have a far larger card pool than when these were originally included, there's potential for ensuring mana curve, creature/spell mix, etc. Random deck generation is a whole project on it's own, something which I've been meaning to look at, as I built a random Commander deck builder (With the card choices leaning towards format staples) before coming to Magarena.
Issue #73 could do with some love...
Once I finish the full scripts reparsing.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 14 Dec 2016, 15:17

thanks for clarifying this, I guess it was already discussed, but I missed it
jerichopumpkin

Return to Development