It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:43

Text Size

MTG 2015: DotP Save game... let me know if it works

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG 2015: DotP Save game... let me know if it works

Postby Yak » 03 Sep 2014, 15:54

I have a few questions. Can you please give us detailed steps on how you got this to work? Does this mean that the profile now overwrites your Steam profile and you can play with all the cards unlocked with out having to run SmartSteamEmu?
Yak

Postby spirolone » 04 Sep 2014, 00:34

No, I didn't use my Steam profile; I use SmartSteamEmu and I can load that profile with 100% unlocked cards. But I don't like to do so, cause I prefer to use my saved profile with my decks and my stats, even if I haven't (actually) premium cards unlocked...
spirolone
Programmer

Postby acem » 04 Sep 2014, 04:28

Spirolone Hi, reading your comments, I see that in other words the profile of Magic 2015 "everything unlocked", does not work for online play via Steam, only SmartSteam emu, is that right? I'd like a patch or something to unlock at least the Foil cards, is it possible at least that to play online ?. Greetings from Costa Rica
acem

Postby spirolone » 05 Sep 2014, 02:48

Good news: I successfully changed profile Id in this saved profile!
I would like to understand how to change an existing profile to unlock all premium cards, but I still don't find a working method (profile file is encrypted); however even to use this profile with another Steam Id may be usefull. Indeed, I think that adapting this profile to work with another Stem Id may let you use it for online multiplayer (I didn't test: actually I don't like to play using genuine Steam). Furthermore, for multiplayer games, even with SmartSteamEmu you need to use a different Id from your opponent (you cannot use both 2183355).

This is a brief guide for changing Id in this saved profile.

Open YOUR current saved profile file in a Hex editor and annotate first two and last two bytes (in exemple, but yours will be different: BF BD and D3 BE). Then, open THIS saved profile file (with all the cards unlocked) in a Hex editor; you'll see that second byte is 9F. Do a XOR (bitwise operation) between first two bytes you annotated (ie: BF Xor BD = 02) and then between result and 9F (ie: 02 Xor 9F = 9D). Write what you obtained (ie: 9D) as first byte overwriting previous one (it was CF). Now do a Xor between the new first byte and first byte you annotated (ie: 9D Xor BF = 22) and then with last annotated byte (ie: 22 Xor BE = 9C). Finally, overwrite last byte (it was A0) with result (ie: 9C) and last but one (it was D4) with last but one byte you annotated (ie: D3), and save over your previous .profile file (after you did a backup copy, maybe!).
Now you have to create a new hash.file file using hash generator (you can use hash generator for Magic 2014) and to overwrite old one.
If you did everything correctly, when you start Magic 2015 you'll have "everything unlocked" profle and you can personalize it creating your deck! :)

PS: Sorry if my english is not good and if I wasn't clear...
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Miraika » 07 Sep 2014, 02:06

I was able to use spirolone's directions successfully on the 3DM cracked profile, so if you're using that, you should just be able to replace the profile and hash in the Magic 2015/3DMGAME/3DMGAME/storage folder with the ones in this zip.
Attachments
storage.zip
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 679 times
Miraika

Postby w0lf » 09 Sep 2014, 16:32

spirolone wrote:Good news: I successfully changed profile Id in this saved profile!
I would like to understand how to change an existing profile to unlock all premium cards, but I still don't find a working method (profile file is encrypted); however even to use this profile with another Steam Id may be usefull. Indeed, I think that adapting this profile to work with another Stem Id may let you use it for online multiplayer (I didn't test: actually I don't like to play using genuine Steam). Furthermore, for multiplayer games, even with SmartSteamEmu you need to use a different Id from your opponent (you cannot use both 2183355).

Open YOUR current saved profile file in a Hex editor and annotate first two and last two bytes (in exemple, but yours will be different: BF BD and D3 BE). Then, open THIS saved profile file (with all the cards unlocked) in a Hex editor; you'll see that second byte is 9F. Do a XOR (bitwise operation) between first two bytes you annotated (ie: BF Xor BD = 02) and then between result and 9F (ie: 02 Xor 9F = 9D). Write what you obtained (ie: 9D) as first byte overwriting previous one (it was CF). Now do a Xor between the new first byte and first byte you annotated (ie: 9D Xor BF = 22) and then with last annotated byte (ie: 22 Xor BE = 9C). Finally, overwrite last byte (it was A0) with result (ie: 9C) and last but one (it was D4) with last but one byte you annotated (ie: D3), and save over your previous .profile file (after you did a backup copy, maybe!).
Now you have to create a new hash.file file using hash generator (you can use hash generator for Magic 2014) and to overwrite old one.
If you did everything correctly, when you start Magic 2015 you'll have "everything unlocked" profle and you can personalize it creating your deck! :)

You sir are a hero. =D>
w0lf

Postby Lotus347 » 10 Sep 2014, 05:29

I can't seem to get it to work, can someone help me?

I try to follow the instructions but I got lost and failed after trying for two hours to do the XOR thing. I use the CODEX profile.

ED!T: Nevermind, I just copied the 3DMGAME profile and deleted the Codex profile, so I could use the file that was uploaded here for it.
Lotus347

Postby spirolone » 11 Sep 2014, 16:02

I started a new topic: viewtopic.php?f=117&t=15306
Now you can unlock all the cards maintaining your profile! :)
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Matsetes » 22 Jan 2015, 00:09

spirolone wrote:Good news: I successfully changed profile Id in this saved profile!

Found that when I was googling for using my old profile of the cracked version of DotP15 on the bought version. It was so beautifully working that I registered here only for give you all my thanks!!!
So great!!!!! Thank you from Italy
Matsetes

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers