It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:07

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Cachexia » 10 Oct 2014, 20:56

No problem Xander9009, this is major project you're trying to juggle, there will definitely be bumps along the way. I'll redownload and repeat the procedure again when I get home (3ish hrs though)

Update: Your latest Art .wad continues to work in Deck Builder just fine, and my sample deck now shows all the card art in Magic 2014!
Cachexia

Postby volrathxp » 11 Oct 2014, 01:43

Xander9009 wrote:Or it might take a few hours if my internet connection fails repeatedly. It's up now, though. I tested this specific art wad and the images showed in-game.

Also, Volrathxp's mod is nearly integrated.

The card validity checker now checks more conditions, so there should be ever fewer cards with issues.
Did you manage to fix the Brago's Representative issue? I saw you removed your post from earlier.
volrathxp
volrathxp

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Oct 2014, 03:44

Cachexia wrote:No problem Xander9009, this is major project you're trying to juggle, there will definitely be bumps along the way. I'll redownload and repeat the procedure again when I get home (3ish hrs though)

Update: Your latest Art .wad continues to work in Deck Builder just fine, and my sample deck now shows all the card art in Magic 2014!
Awesome! It'll be updated again somewhat soon because I just discovered that Conflux is missing. The files I use from mtgjson.com for getting the images is named con.json, and windows doesn't allow files named "con". So, I had to fix that. Unfortunately, i'm still working on that. However, it only affects 18 cards out of ~3500 so it's not a big deal.

volrathxp wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:Or it might take a few hours if my internet connection fails repeatedly. It's up now, though. I tested this specific art wad and the images showed in-game.

Also, Volrathxp's mod is nearly integrated.

The card validity checker now checks more conditions, so there should be ever fewer cards with issues.
Did you manage to fix the Brago's Representative issue? I saw you removed your post from earlier.
Yeah. I removed the post because it wasn't even an issue. I managed to completely forget that I SPECIFICALLY coded the converting tool to ignore tokens... haha So, your token was included, but my tool didn't grab it because I TOLD it not to, and then I was confused when it was missing. I feel so talented sometimes :lol: Your mod is now included.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby mr friendly guy » 12 Oct 2014, 05:01

Great idea. It would be great if we could also code cards from previous DoTP versions, for example things like ghostly prison from DoTP 2013(lets make propaganda while we are at it since they are so similar), sunburst cards, and level up cards from DoTP 2012.
mr friendly guy

Postby Tejahn » 12 Oct 2014, 08:38

Well mr friendly guy, my brother Kieran created Ghostly Prison in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=11782. I retouched the Ghostly Prison XML and made it available for DL below. Propaganda is included also, along with their TDX art. Be sure to read the above thread for how overpowering these cards are when used against the AI.
Attachments
Ghostly Prison & Propaganda.rar
(219.08 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Tejahn

Postby mr friendly guy » 12 Oct 2014, 21:18

Thanks. I had a deck for DoTP 2013 based on ghostly prison and propaganda (which I just cut and paste the code for 2013 Ghostly prison) and Jester's cap. Unfortunately I don't seem to have Jester's cap for DoTP 2014.

Anyway my own personal wad has files others have coded for me and a few I have coded myself (by copying lines of code from other cards since I have zero coding skills). These include

Black vise, composite golem, crystal quarry, dual nature, ice cage, jace archivist, glimpse the unthinkable, kaleidostone, leyline of the void, magus of the mirror, mephidross vampire, mindclaw shaman, mirror universe, mol.tensteel dragon, otherworld atlas, pestilence, phrexian obliterator, metal worker, riddlekeeper, skyscribing, spined thopter, staff of domination, stillmoon cavalier, tezzerets gambit, thundering tanadon and wall of heat.

If anyone is interested in getting these for the community wads then I will try and post a link to download.
mr friendly guy

Postby Xander9009 » 12 Oct 2014, 21:41

mr friendly guy wrote:Thanks. I had a deck for DoTP 2013 based on ghostly prison and propaganda (which I just cut and paste the code for 2013 Ghostly prison) and Jester's cap. Unfortunately I don't seem to have Jester's cap for DoTP 2014.

Anyway my own personal wad has files others have coded for me and a few I have coded myself (by copying lines of code from other cards since I have zero coding skills). These include

Black Vise, Composite Golem, Crystal Quarry, Dual Nature, Ice Cage, Jace's Archivist, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Kaleidostone, Leyline of the Void, Magus of the Mirror, Mephidross Vampire, Mindclaw Shaman, Mirror Universe, Moltensteel Dragon, Otherworld Atlas, Pestilence, Phyrexian Obliterator, Metalworker, Riddlekeeper, Skyscribing, Spined Thopter, Staff of Domination, Stillmoon Cavalier, Tezzeret's Gambit, Thundering Tanadon, and Wall of Heat.

If anyone is interested in getting these for the community wads then I will try and post a link to download.
Glimpse the Unthinkable, Leyline of the Void, Otherworld Atlas, and Phyrexian Obliterator are already included, but if you post the others, I'll add them to the file :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby mr friendly guy » 12 Oct 2014, 23:08

http://www.4shared.com/file/SXK73XMrba/ ... _GIFT.html

Ok. Some of these are specific for decks I played, particularly staff of domination and metal worker for infinite mana combo.
mr friendly guy

Postby chieuduong » 12 Oct 2014, 23:35

Guys if you do play with each other, screen record and youtube it ! It'll be awesome watching it
chieuduong

Postby drleg3nd » 13 Oct 2014, 01:31

Hey Xander great job on community wad..I was wondering though, if two people are playing against each other and both have community wad, then can they play against each other without having the same exact decks ?
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Oct 2014, 02:06

No. Everything loaded by the game is checked to ensure it's all identical. It's worth a try, but I'm almost certain it will not work.

I've got ideas for how this can be worked around, but I have very little free time to really put it into practice. The front end that users see would end up being: you have your decks ready, you decide to play against someone, you send them a unique number, you both wait for confirmation that everything is ready, you load the game, find each other, and play.

This, however, requires a Google Drive folder where anyone can write files to it. Each person has a file in the folder with their decklist. A nearby folder has all of the available decks. Then, when you send someone your number, they put it into an input box, and the script behind the input box makes a third file out of the two user's numbers. Each user's script (which would already be running in the background) would detect this new file and copy any relevant decks and notify you when it's ready. You load the game with the same decks and you're good to go.

If anyone wants me to, I'll try and implement this. I've already got enough experience from the rest of this project and a related one that this should be somewhat quick, but unless anyone intends to actually use it, I don't want to prioritize it.

The only other solution that I can think of would be a community deck wad as well. This would be very simple, but it would mean that anyone with the community deck wad would have LOTS of decks that they probably won't use (and they can't edit them).

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby migookman » 13 Oct 2014, 02:48

I think a community deck wad would be interesting but if there are many decks it might get a bit tedious flipping through the decks in DOTP2014 to find the deck you want to play with unless there is some sort of search by deck name or colors to make things quicker.
migookman

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Oct 2014, 02:52

There would probably end up being lots of decks and we are unable to modify the interface or the engine, so adding deck sorting would not work. This is what's stopped me from doing this to begin with.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby CalT2410 » 13 Oct 2014, 05:28

Not sure where the Rabblemaster is, but the goblin token it produces does not have haste. It also doesn't force other goblins to attack, but voids the combat step altogether until you declare them attacking.
CalT2410

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Oct 2014, 06:10

CalT2410 wrote:Not sure where the Rabblemaster is, but the goblin token it produces does not have haste. It also doesn't force other goblins to attack, but voids the combat step altogether until you declare them attacking.
Thank you for pointing out the token. The code I used to inject the ability had a typo. That type managed to turn "INTRINSIC" into "INTRIINSIC" on every token with an intrinsic ability, so none of them would have worked. They've all been correct now.

As for Goblin Rabblemaster not causing other goblins to attack, I see nothing in his code that would make this not work as expected.

Goblin Rabblemaster | Open
Code: Select all
<STATIC_ABILITY>
    <!--Localized Text Omitted-->
    <FILTER filter_id="0">
      local filter = ClearFilter()
      filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_GOBLIN )
      filter:Add( FE_CARD_INSTANCE, OP_NOT, EffectSource() )
    </FILTER>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="8" filter_id="0">
      if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
        local characteristics = FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
        characteristics:Bool_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_MUST_ATTACK_EACH_TURN, 1 )
      end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014