It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 09:47

Text Size

MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS 3D MOD

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS 3D MOD

Postby NeoAnderson » 14 Nov 2014, 02:07

This mod contains some Graphics changes, it include M15 cards frames, M15 expansion logo, and also a
replacemant for the planeswalkers frames.
All the planeswalker still need to be tested, i haven't coded them i just added the needed code to create the full size pictures.
All the credits for the Planeswalkers are of Firemind, Gorem2k, Falleangle and other guys who are working on that mod.
All the planeswalkers are duplicated with mirror file that start with "_NEO" this files should not be added directly to
the decks, just add the linked planeswalker with regular name.

UPDATE RELEASE 3.1 CHANGELOG :
Replaced all the card frames with High Resolution pictures with 3D Effect.
Fixed issue with Chain Veil and duplication of planeswalker's manager.
Reduced the wad size.
Cropping adjusted of StoneForged Blade and Elf Druid Token.
Changed Wad priority to "99" in this way should override any other mod priority to show the right graphics.
The game's performances should be more fluid without too many lags, so it allows to use more planeswalkers into a single deck

IMPORTANT!! USING THIS MOD :
All the graphics will be updated if you encounter some
problems you just need to remove the mod and the game
will return to previous status.
Attachments
DATA_DLC_PLW_NEO_UPGRADE_3D_HQ_REV_3.1.rar
MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS MOD 3D - NEO VER 3.1
(19.37 MiB) Downloaded 2752 times
Last edited by NeoAnderson on 19 Nov 2014, 16:11, edited 3 times in total.
NeoAnderson

Re: MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15

Postby NeoAnderson » 14 Nov 2014, 14:04

Here you can see some examples how the cards should appear after the installation of this mod.
ImageImageImage
Last edited by NeoAnderson on 19 Nov 2014, 15:17, edited 3 times in total.
NeoAnderson

Postby Kithkin » 14 Nov 2014, 14:52

So far it seems to work without issue. =D>

I don't see any difference with the Planeswalkers.

And there is still room for improvements. :wink:
M15.jpg
[click me]
Kithkin

Postby NeoAnderson » 14 Nov 2014, 15:05

Kithkin wrote:So far it seems to work without issue. =D>

I don't see any difference with the Planeswalkers.

And there is still room for improvements. :wink:
1.I will try to obtain better quality pictures if the game will have no issues.
2.About the planeswalker is that the picture after summoned it? Or it is taken from hand or deckbuilder?? The change should happen when you cast it.
3.I see that expansion symbol is still the "M", i am not sure why it not show the "M15" symbol.
If you want you can copy the follow files into "\DATA_DLC_DECK_BUILDER_CUSTOM" folder and the game will show the right expansion symbol.
The folder into main game directory is "DATA_DLC_DECK_BUILDER_CUSTOM\DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES"
Here are the files :
Attachments
TEXTURES.rar
Expansion symbols
(44.54 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Last edited by NeoAnderson on 14 Nov 2014, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
NeoAnderson

Postby Kithkin » 14 Nov 2014, 15:12

1. Ok
2. Snapshot was taken in the opening screen (keep deck/new deck)
3. I always have the M-symbol if TFM's mod is in the same folder.
Kithkin

Postby NeoAnderson » 14 Nov 2014, 15:19

Kithkin wrote:1. Ok
2. Snapshot was taken in the opening screen (keep deck/new deck)
3. I always have the M-symbol if TFM's mod is in the same folder.
If you have the Custom folder you can copy that files and you will have the M15 symbol.

About the planeswalker it should appears so :

BEFORE SUMMONING :
AFTER SUMMONING :
NeoAnderson

Postby Kithkin » 14 Nov 2014, 15:46

Yes, the Planeswalker looks like intended. And the symbol, too.
Kithkin

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Nov 2014, 00:01

Neo, I am answering your question here as I loathe duplicate work and it is a general question. Overriding resources depends on several factors, if you are using order="3" then it depends on when the mod is loaded as to if it will override a resource or not (usually mods with names that fall later alphabetically will load later). However, if the order is changed the mod with the highest order attribute generally gets priority for overriding files (its files are considered more important).

If the file is only in the base game (without expansions) then an order of 4 is usually sufficient to override any file. If the file is present in one of the expansions then you would need a higher order attribute to override (43 is usually sufficient). If the file is in a player created mod then it depends on the order attribute they used (you would need 1 more than that to ensure overriding). Deck wads created by the Deck Builder use order="3" as they are usually unique and don't need to override anything.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 15 Nov 2014, 01:09

RiiakShiNal wrote:Neo, I am answering your question here as I loathe duplicate work and it is a general question. Overriding resources depends on several factors, if you are using order="3" then it depends on when the mod is loaded as to if it will override a resource or not (usually mods with names that fall later alphabetically will load later). However, if the order is changed the mod with the highest order attribute generally gets priority for overriding files (its files are considered more important).

If the file is only in the base game (without expansions) then an order of 4 is usually sufficient to override any file. If the file is present in one of the expansions then you would need a higher order attribute to override (43 is usually sufficient). If the file is in a player created mod then it depends on the order attribute they used (you would need 1 more than that to ensure overriding). Deck wads created by the Deck Builder use order="3" as they are usually unique and don't need to override anything.
Thx Riiak,
too kind as always, i will make some test tomorrow to understand which value to use override the other mods priority, i would just to let the game accept new Expansion Logo.
NeoAnderson

Postby nobonaga22 » 15 Nov 2014, 06:38

From the screenshot of Omenspeaker, it looks like the holographic sticker at the bottom of the card is appearing on even the commons with your mod. With M15 cards, that sticker only appears on rares and mythics. Would it even be possible to code different card border types for different rarities in the DOTP14 engine?
nobonaga22

Postby NeoAnderson » 15 Nov 2014, 06:48

nobonaga22 wrote:From the screenshot of Omenspeaker, it looks like the holographic sticker at the bottom of the card is appearing on even the commons with your mod. With M15 cards, that sticker only appears on rares and mythics. Would it even be possible to code different card border types for different rarities in the DOTP14 engine?
Unfortunately this patch is a forced workaround, the engine doesn't support customs frames, only hardcoded frame. This means that i can change the standard to M15, and use the Miracle frame to make the Planeswalker frames, but i cannot make any other modify. So i decided to use Holographic version for all the cards.
NeoAnderson

Re: MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS MO

Postby NeoAnderson » 16 Nov 2014, 00:55

MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS MOD
UPDATE RELEASE 2.0 CHANGELOG :
Replaced all the card frames with High Resolution pictures.
Now the cards and the texts should appear more defined.
Added a modified version of Planeswalker's Mod, now the planeswalkers are protected from targetting
with a protection effect instead of an override trigger. It is handled inside each planeswalker instead of the manager.
The game's performances should be more fluid without too many lags, so it allows to use more planeswalkers into a single deck

MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS MOD
All the credits for the Planeswalkers are of Firemind, Gorem2k, Falleangle, Xander9009 and other guys who are working on that mod.
HQ Mod Example :
NeoAnderson

Postby Kithkin » 16 Nov 2014, 02:59

Awesome. Thanks for listening. :D
Kithkin

Postby Kithkin » 16 Nov 2014, 05:21

Every Planeswalker enters with Protection, even when there are no other cards (except lands) on the board.

Image Image
Kithkin

Postby NeoAnderson » 16 Nov 2014, 05:29

Kithkin wrote:Every Planeswalker enters with Protection, even when there are no other cards (except lands) on the board.
Kithkin my friend,
Sometimes is more simple to read the description before to download :wink: , if you look into first main post i wrote:

Added a modified version of Planeswalker's Mod, now the planeswalkers are protected from targetting
with a protection effect instead of an override trigger. It is handled inside each planeswalker instead of the manager.

This means that i changed the planeswalker manager removing the trigger override for targetting and i added a protection from the cards that could target enchantments!
This should no affect the gameplay of the planeswalkers, you only see that they are protected!
This modify allows to use planeswalkers without so many lags! You should see that the game is more faster.
NeoAnderson

Next

Return to 2014