Tester

Re: Cube Update

Postby juzamjedi » 07 Aug 2014, 02:05

Bump for 8-6-14 update.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby tchiseen » 23 Nov 2014, 07:33

This cube is great. I love the updates it gets, and I'd love to see even more updates with the new sets.
tchiseen

Postby HarlequinCasts » 22 Jan 2015, 19:33

This is great.I really enjoy yours and SkieraCube that come with it by default.

Are there any more cubes here?
Are there any tutorials on how to build one's own cube?

I tried searching a bit but had no luck with the older posts...
HarlequinCasts

Postby 5enza » 23 Jan 2015, 15:59

More cubes can be found here -http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5176

Creating custom cubes is pretty easy. It's basically three main text files-

*.dck file defines your cube. This file contains the name of the cube and of course all the cards in the cube. Place this file in the res/cube folder

*.draft file is your draft setup. This is where you define how many packs your are going to draft, how many cards in each pack, rarity distribution, and basic land set code. Place this file in res/draft folder

*.sealed file is the exact same thing as .draft except for sealed play. Probably the only thing you are going to change is increase the number of packs from 3 to 6. Place this file in res/sealed folder

The above link has a lot of cubes you can download and use a template for building your own. Also, I would recommend building your cube within Forge using the deck editior.
5enza

Postby juzamjedi » 09 Apr 2015, 07:20

Bump for 4-9-2015 update.

Sorry for the delay on updating this cube. I started playing another game that has been taking up more of my free time. I still MTG cube draft in real life so I will continue updating this in the future as time permits. Enjoy!
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby hurloon » 16 Apr 2015, 21:03

5enza wrote:More cubes can be found here -http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5176

Creating custom cubes is pretty easy. It's basically three main text files-

*.dck file defines your cube. This file contains the name of the cube and of course all the cards in the cube. Place this file in the res/cube folder

*.draft file is your draft setup. This is where you define how many packs your are going to draft, how many cards in each pack, rarity distribution, and basic land set code. Place this file in res/draft folder

*.sealed file is the exact same thing as .draft except for sealed play. Probably the only thing you are going to change is increase the number of packs from 3 to 6. Place this file in res/sealed folder

The above link has a lot of cubes you can download and use a template for building your own. Also, I would recommend building your cube within Forge using the deck editior.
I've tried making a custom cube from the 93-95 cube on cubetutor ( http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/3752 ) using this method, but the only thing i get is a bunch of random card when i try to start a new draft. I've used the .draft from juzamjedi cube, editing only to 1 rare, 4 uncommon and 10 common.
What's missing?
hurloon

Postby 5enza » 16 Apr 2015, 21:46

hurloon wrote:I've tried making a custom cube from the 93-95 cube on cubetutor ( http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/3752 ) using this method, but the only thing i get is a bunch of random card when i try to start a new draft. I've used the .draft from juzamjedi cube, editing only to 1 rare, 4 uncommon and 10 common.
What's missing?
Can you post your .dck file? Also, your .draft file needs to have the deck your pulling from in it. It should match the actual deck file name (minus the .dck) extension.
5enza

Postby hurloon » 17 Apr 2015, 11:55

Here the draft and dck file (dck and draft extension are not accepted by the forum, so renamed txt).
Thanks for your help
Attachments
9395cube.dck.txt
(7.49 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
cube_9395.draft.txt
(103 Bytes) Downloaded 738 times
hurloon

Postby 5enza » 19 Apr 2015, 01:02

hurloon wrote:Here the draft and dck file (dck and draft extension are not accepted by the forum, so renamed txt).
Thanks for your help
I removed the .txt extensions and places the files in the appropriate folders (/res/deck and /res/draft) and started a new draft and everything looks good.

You mentioned that you are just receiving random cards when you start a new draft. Are you getting cards that are not in the .dck file?
5enza

Postby hurloon » 19 Apr 2015, 19:38

Yes, random cards from all the cardpool.
Ok, so the dck and draft files seems to be good, it's probably something in my installation (which is quite strange, trying reinstall from scratch now).

EDIT: ok, reinstalling from scratch made the trick. Thanks Senza!
hurloon

Postby juzamjedi » 14 Jun 2015, 08:25

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to mention here that I am almost done selling off my magic collection in real life. I will not be able to cube draft nearly as often as I have done for the last several years and I will not continue to maintain this cube list. I think the current iteration in the MTG Forge list is fun and can continue to be played as a default, but my hope is that some other eager cube aficionado will pick up the torch from here.

As a personal aside I also want to thank the Forge programmers for getting me back into Magic. I had taken a LONG hiatus from 2000 - 2008 and this program brought me back in. I ultimately amassed a paper collection that was worth over $15,000 and it all started because of this small freeware program. I don't know if WOTC people will ever read this message... but I just wanted them to know that Forge actually helped their bottom line indirectly.

So long and thanks for all the fish =D>
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Mitlan » 11 Feb 2016, 06:06

I just have a question, is your cube intended to be drafted as 1 mithic 5 rares 5 uncommons and 5 commons ?, or it had been an error all this time :P?
Mitlan

Postby juzamjedi » 14 Oct 2018, 00:35

JuzamjediCube.dck.txt
(11.8 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
This was always intended to be a singleton cube. It has been a few years since I last played, but here is an update with new draft deck file as well as a cube update. I see Conspiracy is still not supported yet... understandable because they are so unusual, but they are some of the most powerful cards in all of Magic as well.
Attachments
cube_juzamjedi.draft.txt
(100 Bytes) Downloaded 537 times
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby HarlequinCasts » 12 Nov 2018, 06:05

If anyone is interested, I got bored with the default cubes a long time ago and wrote a basic (and terrible) python script to add any random cube from http://www.cubetutor.com/ to forge so I can draft it.

1) Find cubes you want and download the text file to some temp directory (make sure they are the only text in that directory.
Example: Johns Cube http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/14381
Export that as text.

2) Rename the attached Cube_Converter.txt to Cube_Converter.py

3) Change the variables "inputdir" and "forgedir" to be the directory where the cubetutor files are, and the directory where forge is installed.

4) run the code.

It will read any text file in the inputdir and output a cube and draft file in the appropriate forge directories. Once it is done, it will rename the cubetutor text files to *.old. It will convert any number of files at once very quickly.

I offer this only for any python people out there, and provide no support. Use at your own responsibility etc.

However, the cubetutor text format is really easy to convert and super easy to scrape. With enough interest I would happily make a version and spend >20 minutes coding it... Hell that would be a nice forge feature in general.
Attachments
Cube_Converter.txt
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
HarlequinCasts

PreviousNext

Return to Forge