It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:21

Text Size

(Tejahn) Question Thread

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

(Tejahn) Question Thread

Postby Tejahn » 14 Dec 2014, 21:17

Corvus Glaive - Custom Frame.png
Corvus Glaive in a Custom Frame

Is it possible to change the battlefield to a custom image? And if so, what is the best way to do it? I opened both the TRANSITION_BACKGROUND and TRANSITION_BACKGROUND_2HG in a Hex Editor and noticed that they say DXT1. All images I usually deal with say DXT5. Even when I save the image as DXT1 it still doesn't appear in game. I've attached the TDX files in a zip so anyone can have a look.

EDIT: Even after deleting the above-mentioned file from the unpacked and repacked DATA_CORE the game still generates those images for the battlefield. I also unpacked DATA_DECKS_D14, DATA_DECKS_E14, DATA_DLC_0001, DATA_DLC_0002, DATA_DLC_0003, DATA_DLC_004, DATA_DECKS_F14_PACK1, DATA_DECKS_F14_PACK2, DATA_DECKS_F14_PACK3 and didn't see TRANSITION_BACKGROUND and TRANSITION_BACKGROUND_2HG in any of the folders. This is some kind of spooky science or it's as if they're just appearing by magic.
Attachments
DOTP 2014 Battlefields.rar
2014 Battlefields
(613.08 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Tejahn

Re: (Tejahn) Question Thread

Postby Tejahn » 19 Dec 2014, 06:00

ANNIHILATOR
BATTLECRY
BUSHIDO
CANNOT_BLOCK
CANNOT_REGENERATE
CANT_REGENERATE
CHANGELING
DEATHTOUCH
DEFENDER
DOUBLESTRIKE
EXALTED
EXILE
EXILED
FADING
FEAR
FIRSTSTRIKE
FLANKING
FLYING
HASTE
INDESTRUCTIBLE
INFECT
INTIMIDATE
LANDWALK_B
LANDWALK_G
LANDWALK_R
LANDWALK_U
LANDWALK_W
LEGENDARY
LIFELINK
MUST_ATTACK
MUST_BLOCK
MUSTBLOCK
POISON_INFECT
PREVENT_DAMAGE_BLACK
PREVENT_DAMAGE_BLUE
PREVENT_DAMAGE_GENERIC
PREVENT_DAMAGE_GREEN
PREVENT_DAMAGE_RED
PREVENT_DAMAGE_WHITE
PREVENTION
PROTECTION
PROTECTION_B
PROTECTION_G
PROTECTION_R
PROTECTION_U
PROTECTION_W
REACH
REGENERATE
SACRIFICE
SHADOW
SHROUD
TAPHOLD
TEMPORARY_CONTROL
TOKEN_COPY
TOTEM
TRAMPLE
TROLLSHROUD
UNBLOCKABLE
UNDYING
VIGILANCE

Above is the list of badges I saw when I was going through the DATA_CORE. There are 65 CNT files, 56 MDL files, 59 MTL files, and 56 TDX files in the BADGES folder. Speaking of which, does anyone know how to open those file extensions? Also, I receive an error when trying to open some TDX files. Does anyone know why?

EDIT: I've become curious about a few badges I've never seen used. Namely, what are the functions of the badges below and when are they used?

CANT_REGENERATE
EXILED
INFECT (doesn't have a TDX in this folder)
MUSTBLOCK
PREVENT_DAMAGE_GENERIC
TROLLSHROUD
Last edited by Tejahn on 31 Dec 2014, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Tejahn

Postby MasterXploder7 » 19 Dec 2014, 16:49

CANT_REGENERATE looks like something given from a burn card... it respectively prevents a regeneration token from being on a permanent

EXILED i am unsure of this one..

INFECT is from a challenge if i recall correctly, it acts as dealing damage with poison counters and -1/-1 counters.

MUSTBLOCK would be an effect like from that green card in garuk's deck which gives +7/+7 and trample and a "must be blocked" effect

PREVENT_DAMAGE_GENERIC im 90% sure was just an easier coding for something to have all damage prevented, i think it is combat damage.

TROLLSHROUD this is most interesting. I feel this is most closely connected to Thrun, the Last Troll
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Tejahn » 21 Dec 2014, 15:47

Thanks for the reply MasterXploder7. And I wonder why Thrun, the Last Troll would have a specific badge?
Tejahn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Dec 2014, 13:26

Tejahn wrote:Thanks for the reply MasterXploder7. And I wonder why Thrun, the Last Troll would have a specific badge?
I believe it is from earlier cards such as Troll Ascetic in DotP 2013 before they started using the keyword Hexproof.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 27 Dec 2014, 20:24

Ugin, the Spirit Dragon.png

Ugin, the Spirit Dragon - Altered Art.png

Thanks for the reply RiiakShiNal! Well, I have a few problems with Ugin, the Spirit Dragon. His first ability works perfectly. I'm having trouble with his second ability. I can't make it trigger correctly. And his third ability forces me to choose a total of seven cards instead of up to seven.

Also, in the first screenshot the art is stretched because of his colorless cost. Is there any way to change that? I haven't come across any HD art for his pic so I'm using the art in the second screenshot until it becomes available. I changed his cost to colors and it displayed properly. Lastly, is there a way to force the game to use the blue counters on him instead of the red? Below is the code.

Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="2">
  <FILENAME text="UGIN_THE_SPIRIT_DRAGON_9911749121015" />
  <CARDNAME text="UGIN_THE_SPIRIT_DRAGON" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Ugin, The Spirit Dragon]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="9911749121015" />
  <ARTID value="9911749121015" />
  <ARTIST name="Raymond Swanland" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{8}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Planeswalker" />
  <TYPE metaname="Enchantment" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Ugin" />
  <EXPANSION value="KTK" />
  <RARITY metaname="M" />
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY replacement_effect="1" active_zone="ZONE_TRANSITION">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[(Loyalty 7)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COUNTER_REGISTRATION name="Loyalty" proliferate="11" />
    <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_TRANSITION" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" from_zone="ZONE_ANY" />
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    if EffectSource() ~= nil then
       EffectSource():AddCounters( MTG():GetCountersType("Loyalty"), 7 )
    end
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[[+2]: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon deals 3 damage to target creature or player. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <AVAILABILITY sorcery_time="1" />
    <COST type="generic">
      <PREREQUISITE>
      return true
      </PREREQUISITE>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      if EffectSource() ~= nil then
         PLW_ShutDownDoublingSeason()
         EffectSource():AddCounters( MTG():GetCountersType("Loyalty"), 2 )
      end
    </COST>
   <SFX text="TARGET_MAELSTROM_PLAY" />
   <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
    local filter = ClearFilter()
    filter:SetFilterType( FILTER_TYPE_CARDS + FILTER_TYPE_PLAYERS )
    filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
    </TARGET_DEFINITION>
   <TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_DEAL_3_DAMAGE" definition="0" compartment="0" count="1" />
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local target_creature = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
    local target_player = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_PlayerPtr(0)
    if ( target_creature ~= nil ) then
       EffectSourceLKI():DealDamageTo( 3, target_creature )
    elseif ( target_player ~= nil ) then   
       EffectSourceLKI():DealDamageTo( 3, target_player )
    end
   <AI_SIMPLIFIED_TARGETING compartment="0" hint="HINT_ENEMY_ONLY" />
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[[-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST type="generic">
      <PREREQUISITE>
      return true
      </PREREQUISITE>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      local max_amount = EffectSource():CountCounters( MTG():GetCountersType("Loyalty") )
      local controller = EffectController()
      controller:BeginNewNumericalChoice()
      controller:AddNumericalChoiceAnswer(max_amount)
      controller:AskNumericalChoiceQuestion("PLW_CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_AMOUNT_COUNTERS")
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      local decision = EffectController():GetNumericalChoiceResult()
      EffectDC():Set_Int(1, decision)
      EffectSource():RemoveCounters( MTG():GetCountersType("Loyalty"), decision )
    </COST>
   <SFX text="GLOBAL_JUDGEMENT_PLAY | GLOBAL_BLACK_SUN_PLAY" />
   <FILTER filter_id="0">
      filter:Add( FE_NUM_COLOURS, OP_GREATER_THAN, 0 )
      filter:Add( FE_CMC, OP_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO, GetEffectX() )
    </FILTER>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION filter_id="0">
      local perm = FilteredCard()
      if perm ~= nil then
        perm:Exile()
      end
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[[-10]: You gain 7 life, draw seven cards, then put up to seven permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST type="RemoveCountersSelf" amount="10" counter_type="Loyalty" />
   <SFX text="CASTER_BUFF_PLAY" />
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    EffectController():GainLife(7 )
      EffectController():DrawCards(7)
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local effectController = EffectController()
    filter:Add( FE_IS_PERMANENT, true )
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_HAND, EffectController() )
    effectController:SetItemCount( 7 )
    for i = 0, (7-1) do
       effectController:SetItemPrompt(i, "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_LAND_TO_PUT_ONTO_BATTLEFIELD" )
    end

effectController:ChooseItems( EffectDC():Make_Targets(0) )
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    for i = 0,(7-1) do
       local target_card = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(i)
       if target_card ~= nil  then
          target_card:PutOntoBattlefield( EffectController() )
       end
    end
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>

<TRIGGERED_ABILITY replacement_effect="1" active_zone="ZONE_ANY">
    <TRIGGER value="BEGINNING_OF_STEP">
    return MTG():GetStep() == STEP_UPKEEP and MTG():GetTurnNumber() == 0
    </TRIGGER>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    PLW_CreateUniqueTokenForEachPlayer("_PLANESWALKERS_MANAGER_991800002", "_PLANESWALKERS_MANAGER")
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="_PLANESWALKERS_MANAGER_991800002" />

<AI_COUNTER_SCORE type="Loyalty" score="100" />
  <AI_BASE_SCORE score="600" zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" />
</CARD_V2>
Tejahn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Dec 2014, 15:04

In your FILTER in the second ability instead of using GetEffectX() you should be using EffectDC():Get_Int(1) (which is where you stored how many counters to remove).

In the third ability you should add QUERY_FLAG_UP_TO to your ChooseItems() call (otherwise you will be forced to choose 7 items as that is how many items you have set).

To prevent the art from stretching you can either additionally add the type Artifact (if you want to keep him colourless) or manually add a colour using the COLOUR tag (it has to go after the CASTING_COST tag to be recognized).

The only way to force it to blue would be to add the counter ("loyalty") to the CARD_LAYOUT.XML file and set the colour to blue, but note that would change all "Loyalty" counters to blue not just on him. Even then if I remember correctly someone reported problems with changing the CARD_LAYOUT.XML file earlier so I don't know if that will still be a problem (may have to play around with WAD order priorities to get it to work).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 28 Dec 2014, 16:45

Thanks! I'll start revising him right away. Also, I'll stay away from changing the CARD_LAYOUT.XML until I experiment with it further.
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 29 Dec 2014, 06:55

S.H.I.E.L.D. Soldiers.png
S.H.I.E.L.D. Soldiers

So, I have a new question concerning keywords and badges. As the screenshot above demonstrates, it's fairly easy to change the art of badges but is it possible to add additional badges and additional keywords by editing the .LOL and .XML files instead of just replacing existing ones?

EDIT: I'm not showing the other keyword badges in the picture to reduce spoilers. The same is true of the actual card frames that will be used in the mod.
Tejahn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 Dec 2014, 13:11

We can easily add keywords (as those are just text and abilities that we code), but we can't add badges because that requires engine changes which we lack the ability to do. Card frames also can't be added as they are hard-coded into the engine much like badges.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 29 Dec 2014, 15:03

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll just replace existing keywords and badges that won't be used in the mod since there are at least 56 of them available.
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 09 Feb 2015, 17:58

I noticed on the official card Geralf's Messenger that it adds the Undying badge to the creature as a characteristic rather than intrinsically. So, my question is, how can I make a badge appear in the same way that changes depending on which Ability is activated? And example would be for a land that can produce two or more mana. For Temple of Silence, if I choose to tap for black mana I want the Swampwalk badge to appear. The same for Plainswalk. Lastly, can some provide this code?
Tejahn

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Feb 2015, 20:32

There are two possible ways I can think to do it. One will almost definitely work, and the other is a lot easier but is less likely to work (but even being less likely, it still should work). When the player chooses black for Temple of Silence, it grants itself a certain ability, right? Find that ability, and add badge="BADGE_SWAMP_WALK" to the ability tag.

The other way if that doesn't work is to grant a blank static ability for as long as you want the badge to appear and put the badge="BADGE_SWAMP_WALK" in that ability. Sorry about the lack of example code :(

You can find the list of badges the game accepts in the decompiled LOL contents over on the wiki. Just ctrl-f badge.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 09 Feb 2015, 21:39

I'll look into those methods when I leave work. Thanks!
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 23 Feb 2015, 21:58

The purpose of this video is to show what most of us already know about the face-down limitations. That is, we know that cards can 'lay on top of' other cards because creatures can attach Auras, Equipment, etc. But I noticed something when I already had a card in exile and 'placed' a card face-down in the Exile Zone. The 'X' icon you see comes from the card already in exile. Although the face-down card is in the 'Exile Zone' it not considered 'exiled'.

I know the near impossibility of creating a Commander Zone but seeing this did make me wonder about that format. The Planeswalker cards I created use the Enchantment Zone and are obviously functional because the are 'in' that zone and are not 'placed' on top of it. But can the Enchantment Zone have a card 'placed' on it the same way as the Exile Zone? And if so, will cards still be as fully functional in the same way the Planeswalkers are?

Lastly, the video above shows that it's possible to 'zoom in' on face-down cards showing the back of them. Is there a way to 'flip' cards in your hand so that you see the back of them as well? I was pondering this for simulation reasons but I was also thinking that this could be a different approach to making Overlay cards. Neo's morph code is excellent! But it's hard for me to follow.

Well, I was taking a break from testing the black Fate Reforged core before I send it over to Xander9009. I'm through brainstorming for now.
Tejahn

Next

Return to 2014