It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:43

Text Size

Forge - Now with Net Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge - Now with Net Decks

Postby drdev » 25 Jan 2015, 05:30

For all you deck builders out there, and for those who love downloading all these great decks, I'm excited to share that both desktop and mobile Forge will now support selecting and downloading decks directly from these subforums without leaving the application.

NetDecks.png

At the moment, the available categories correspond to all of the deck columns gathered and posted by gos, who has done an amazing job keep them all up to date. I hope that this new feature will make it easier for more Forge users to benefit from his hard work.

If you want to add more Net Decks categories, they're stored in res/lists/net_decks.txt and res/lists/net_decks_commander.txt, so they can easily be added to without needing to touch any code.

Enjoy.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Re: Forge - Now with Net Decks

Postby VladVoivode » 25 Jan 2015, 13:38

drdev wrote:For all you deck builders out there, and for those who love downloading all these great decks, I'm excited to share that both desktop and mobile Forge will now support selecting and downloading decks directly from these subforums without leaving the application.

NetDecks.png

At the moment, the available categories correspond to all of the deck columns gathered and posted by gos, who has done an amazing job keep them all up to date. I hope that this new feature will make it easier for more Forge users to benefit from his hard work.

If you want to add more Net Decks categories, they're stored in res/lists/net_decks.txt and res/lists/net_decks_commander.txt, so they can easily be added to without needing to touch any code.

Enjoy.
-Dan
Hi Dan,

This is a MAJOR help to me as I can add other resources! As I find these sites and some truly great decks, I've wanted a way to snag them that was more efficient. This seems to be the ticket! Heaven help the hard drives if I get rockin' on this!!

A million thanks!!!

Best,
Vlad

EDIT: I am poking all over the place and can't seem to find a NetDecks choice Dan. I have the newest beta build. When I select from the duel page, I still get Custom, Random Color, Random Theme, etc., but no choice for Net Decks. Is this implemented now or is the key phrase "will now support" meaning in the next beta? I found a mammoth site last night and added some decks using the deck editor. These decks are categorized wonderfully and a few of them are nasty fun to lose against. :)
VladVoivode

Postby drdev » 25 Jan 2015, 14:03

This feature isn't in the 1.5.33 Beta as I just implemented it yesterday. It will be in the next snapshot build and Beta release, and it's already been released for the Android app. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.
Last edited by drdev on 25 Jan 2015, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
drdev
Programmer

Postby VladVoivode » 25 Jan 2015, 15:28

Thanks for the clarification. This really is a very cool addition!
VladVoivode

Postby Xitax » 25 Jan 2015, 16:38

Wow.

Will the script file support putting columns in separate folders - or not - as desired?

Also I see a potential problem in that Forge renames many of these deck files to get rid of special characters. If the local file name is altered then it may continually load decks that you already have. One solution would be to ask Gos to release the deck files with the name changes included, or maybe to host the files someplace with the name changes already made.
Xitax

Postby drdev » 26 Jan 2015, 15:56

Each category is automatically downloaded to a separate subfolder of decks/net/. However, as these decks are zipped, I'm not able to detect which decks are new/modified, so it just replaces the contents of the folder upon download. Which isn't a big deal because the download and extraction of even the largest categories containing over 1000 decks takes less than a minute.
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 10 Feb 2015, 15:27

So it's come to my attention that linking to attachments on these forums will break whenever the attachment is updated, since slightlymagic will assign a new attachment ID each time. With that in mind, I'd highly recommend any Net Decks be hosted outside these forums in a static location that won't change with updates. You can then link to them in your forum post.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Snoops2 » 27 Mar 2015, 22:43

Has this been fixed? Also is there any way to check for the commander versions?
Snoops2

Postby gos » 28 Mar 2015, 12:38

Xitax wrote:Also I see a potential problem in that Forge renames many of these deck files to get rid of special characters. If the local file name is altered then it may continually load decks that you already have. One solution would be to ask Gos to release the deck files with the name changes included, or maybe to host the files someplace with the name changes already made.
Another solution, which I would personally much more prefer, is to use the .dck file's metadata (Name, for instance) to determine equality, not the filename.

Snoops2 wrote:Has this been fixed?
No, not at the moment. drdev has suggested hosting the files somewhere where I can ensure that URLs stays the same. That means finding a free hosting option and I haven't looked into any possibilities. It also means that changes in the number of zip-files (like the changes I just made this week) could potentially break things as well.
gos

Postby friarsol » 28 Mar 2015, 13:36

gos wrote:No, not at the moment. drdev has suggested hosting the files somewhere where I can ensure that URLs stays the same. That means finding a free hosting option and I haven't looked into any possibilities. It also means that changes in the number of zip-files (like the changes I just made this week) could potentially break things as well.
Maybe see if Rob or Krazy can give you a folder on their ftp servers that you can upload to and just reuse? Since these servers are already being used for Forge related activities, I don't think a bunch of zips with a whole bunch of text files would be that much more of a strain.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby gos » 28 Mar 2015, 13:40

friarsol wrote:
gos wrote:No, not at the moment. drdev has suggested hosting the files somewhere where I can ensure that URLs stays the same. That means finding a free hosting option and I haven't looked into any possibilities. It also means that changes in the number of zip-files (like the changes I just made this week) could potentially break things as well.
Maybe see if Rob or Krazy can give you a folder on their ftp servers that you can upload to and just reuse? Since these servers are already being used for Forge related activities, I don't think a bunch of zips with a whole bunch of text files would be that much more of a strain.
That would be perfectly agreeable to me. drdev would presumably have to switch from http to ftp transfer of the files (unless the ftp folder is served to http requests). Do you think either of them are reading this?
gos

Postby Snoops2 » 28 Mar 2015, 15:22

gos wrote:
friarsol wrote:
That would be perfectly agreeable to me. drdev would presumably have to switch from http to ftp transfer of the files (unless the ftp folder is served to http requests). Do you think either of them are reading this?
If you can't find anywhere I could host them on my Dropbox. I host the Pokemon TCG plugin for LackeyCCG there and when updating the links stay the same (as long as the filename doesn't change).
Snoops2

Postby drdev » 08 Apr 2015, 23:32

Just shoot me a pm with whatever you decide and I'll make the necessary code updates. Hopefully its as simple as just updating the res/lists/net-decks.txt file.
drdev
Programmer

Postby vinnie » 09 Jan 2017, 13:33

I noticed that when I download a decklist a folder is created but the decks are not included in it but outside, in the same level.
I have also noticed that are no longer updated.
vinnie

Postby Atreyu83 » 29 Oct 2017, 23:09

Same thing here.

Forge keeps downloading the decks even if it did it few minutes before, after I restart it.

Decks are all unzipped in the same directory Forge/data/decks/net. In particular I'm talking about the Top Decks category.
Atreyu83

Return to Forge Decks