It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:43

Text Size

DotP 2015 Announced

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2015 Announced

Postby thefiremind » 24 Oct 2014, 08:35

demeitri1 wrote:my cards are in chinese or little boxes... how do i get them in english? when i use the mod
As I wrote here, you don't need to keep the whole package of Chinese-modded cards: on the contrary, better delete them all and start to add only the ones you intend to modify. Keep in mind that the purpose of 3DM group was to substitute English with Chinese, the fact that they made an external folder capable of overwriting the original content is just a side effect that we can exploit. And still our possibilities are very limited, who knows what we could do if we knew exactly what's inside DATA_000.ZED.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 27 Oct 2014, 02:52

I was googling "how to decipher .zed files" and there is a program called zed! Will that be of help ?
drleg3nd

Postby NeoAnderson » 27 Oct 2014, 04:28

drleg3nd wrote:I was googling "how to decipher .zed files" and there is a program called zed! Will that be of help ?
nope, i already tried many kind of software, inlcuding ZED!, forense investigation file tools, TrId, My Heritage tree, etc..and many others.
Honestly i start to think that this extension is not made with third part software, but it is a file format made by Stainless programmer.
The only things discovered about it are 1. Is a container file 2. It can be encrypted.
NeoAnderson

Postby thefiremind » 27 Oct 2014, 09:08

drleg3nd wrote:I was googling "how to decipher .zed files" and there is a program called zed! Will that be of help ?
We already discussed about that and came to the conclusion that if the developers used a third-party software we would at least find a new DLL within the game directory: I don't think they would buy the source code just to incorporate it inside the executable.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby ReverendTed » 10 Jan 2015, 14:15

I can see the last post here is months old, so maybe you're beyond it at this point, but I came across this thread while working on my own issue with .zed files in a completely-unrelated field and thought I might share what I'd found.
Your zed files may be different than mine, but just in case...

In a hex editor, I noticed the first letters of the header were PK, which is a .zip header.
I renamed the .zed file to .zip and sure enough I was able to open it in a zip utility and see the file index, so I know the names of the files contained in the archive.
Unfortunately, it's an encrypted .zip (in my case AES-128) so each file needs a password to decrypt.
At that point, it's a matter of determining the password which, if it's been properly-selected, is non-trivial.
There are utilities to automate that task, but those can take months to work unless the password is short or weak.
ReverendTed

Postby thefiremind » 10 Jan 2015, 19:14

Thanks for the input, but it's just a coincidence that you had a file with ZED extension. In the ZED files we're talking about here we can see traces of a ZIP structure, but their contents are somehow scrambled and we discovered only a part of the scrambling process.

In case this topic gets more attention being in an outer section, here's a link to another topic which contains all the experiments and speculations. By running the executable inside a debugger I'm sure that it's possible to reverse-engineer all the steps needed to transform the ZED files into something readable, the problem is that nobody here knows how to do that nor wants to spend time for learning in order to just make DotP2015 moddable (including myself as well). I would be really, really, really glad to start modding again with the new engine, but it's not worth the needed time.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby logoliv » 31 Mar 2015, 16:40

gorem2k wrote:I've scanned the executable memory for text strings with cheat engine to see what are the paths/files and I've seen a new directory for their deck builder.
I think that's precisely this directory we need to add new cards to the game, as we only need to know how the game makes the link between the card number in player decks (saved in user profile) and the xml card name.

I've found how exactly the decks are saved in user profile and we already know how to add new cards in Content/CARDS, the only missing thing is the link between the two.
logoliv

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers