It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:27

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.40

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.40

Postby KrazyTheFox » 31 May 2015, 17:13

Does anyone know if uploading draft data actually works? If it does, I won't be able to transfer it to the new host without a copy of the php file itself. If it doesn't, any objections to removing the option from Forge for now?
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 31 May 2015, 17:15

To be honest I never completely understood how that option was used and whether the information gathered from it was actually processed in any way. We are using draft ranking lists from Bestiaire (draft.bestiaire.org), and we've been doing that for quite a while now, so I'm not entirely positive that the results of gathering draft information from users is actually processed by anyone in any way... Does anyone know anything about it?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 31 May 2015, 17:20

KrazyTheFox wrote:Does anyone know if uploading draft data actually works? If it does, I won't be able to transfer it to the new host without a copy of the php file itself. If it doesn't, any objections to removing the option from Forge for now?
I believe Rob had setup the php, but I'm not sure we ever actually did anything with the data accumulated. I'm fine with removing it for now.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 31 May 2015, 17:24

friarsol wrote:I'm fine with removing it for now.
That sounds like it'll be the plan, then. I'll take it out today and we have til Friday to make sure I didn't mess anything up. :P
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 01 Jun 2015, 03:47

I've just committed changes to move almost everything from cardforge.org to cardforge.link and have uploaded the images there. There's now images for M15/KTK/FRF/DTK/DDO/DDM/MM2/TPR (I think that's all of them). I've done a lot of testing and am relatively certain I didn't break anything in the process. This did end up being a huge amount more work than I was anticipating. I've also removed the draft upload option from all the menus (the preference is still there in the event it's reimplemented in the future).

As far as content downloading goes, I've made sure that there's 0 skipped images now. :)

One thing I've noticed is that many of the tokens appear incorrect or are missing images. I'd like to hunt these down and fix that. If you could let me know which tokens don't have images as you come across them, I'd appreciate it. Same goes for missing product images/quest images/so on.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 01 Jun 2015, 06:04

@ Krazy: Great job, thanks for your effort! I'm pretty sure that some quest icons are missing. For instance, "Vanellope von Schweetz.jpg" is definitely missing in the list. Not sure if any other from the latter ones are missing too, but you can check out my quest icon update pack here and see if anything else is missing on the server at the moment: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4458&start=1035#p179809

Oh, and not sure if your latest commits were intended to fix the issue with the quest icons in the duel not appearing correctly in the first game of the match, but the issue is definitely still there (in game 1 the avatar is wrong, in game 2 it's correct).
- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 01 Jun 2015, 13:15

Agetian wrote:@ Krazy: Great job, thanks for your effort! I'm pretty sure that some quest icons are missing. For instance, "Vanellope von Schweetz.jpg" is definitely missing in the list. Not sure if any other from the latter ones are missing too, but you can check out my quest icon update pack here and see if anything else is missing on the server at the moment: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4458&start=1035#p179809
Ah, that'll be very useful, thanks! I'll go through that tonight and find the missing icons.

Agetian wrote:Oh, and not sure if your latest commits were intended to fix the issue with the quest icons in the duel not appearing correctly in the first game of the match, but the issue is definitely still there (in game 1 the avatar is wrong, in game 2 it's correct).
- Agetian
They fixed a different bug. The avatar list for the human player was getting populated twice with the same avatars. I ran out of time to investigate the opponent icons bug before I had to go to bed.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 01 Jun 2015, 17:00

Ok, this is something I'd really like to take care of but also really don't know how: there's still a big underlying issue somewhere in the game code with the Morph cards leaking color information where only possible. In particular:

- In the desktop version of the game, currently the card detail info doesn't leak color info (but only due to the ugly hack implemented in e.g. r29537). Without the ugly and dirty hack it leaks color information.
- In the desktop version of the game, the stack *DOES* leak color info (always). Morph cards on stack are always shown as their appropriate color instead of the neutral face down color.
- In the mobile version of the game, both the card detail info and the stack *DO* leak color info (always). Morph cards on stack are always shown as their appropriate color, morph cards on the battlefield always show their true color when switched to card detail info.

Here's a very simple deck that clearly shows the issue (both on desktop and mobile):

Code: Select all
[metadata]
Name=morph_test
[Main]
4 Akroma, Angel of Fury|COM
28 Island|M15|1
4 Krosan Cloudscraper|TSB
4 Krosan Colossus|ONS
4 Liege of the Pit|TSP
4 Maelstrom Djinn|FUT
4 Scornful Egotist|SCG
4 Titanic Bulvox|SCG
4 Towering Baloth|ONS
Just give the AI this deck and play until about turn 3-4 when the AI plays its first Morph spell.
NOTE: In order to check if the issue is fixed make sure you use the deck from above and make the AI cast the spell naturally after drawing a morph card from the library. Amazingly the morph color info is *not* leaked if you dev-add the card into the AI's hand.

Several attempts at digging through the code looking for the source of this went nowhere. If anyone can look into it and help this for good I think it'll be a valuable fix. Will probably push a bug report to the bugtracker a little bit later.

EDIT: r29538: Improved the hacky workaround to at least not leak the info on stack (in both desktop and mobile Forge). It's an ugly solution though, hopefully someone will eventually be able to solve this in a more elegant way. Please note that this workaround has a nasty side effect (which, however, I think is still better than leaking the color info at all times) - if you can legally see the face-down card (e.g. via Keeper of the Lens), the card detail info will still show the face-down brownish border for the card in mobile Forge when in card detail info mode. Hopefully there will be a better fix from someone soon...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 01 Jun 2015, 20:05

There's a new option "Display Color Identity" in both desktop and mobile Forge that allows you to display the current color identity of cards. It's disabled by default (set to "Never") but can be toggled to "Always" (which displays color identity for all cards, even mono-color), "Changed" (which displays color identity of cards whose identity has changed compared to their "pristine" state) or to "Multicolor" (which only displays color identity of cards that are currently of two or more colors). This might help with effects such as Painter's Servant which add colors to cards and which make all cards display with the gold border. The option is currently found under "Graphic Options" for both versions of Forge.

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 02 Jun 2015, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 01 Jun 2015, 21:35

KrazyTheFox wrote:One thing I've noticed is that many of the tokens appear incorrect or are missing images. I'd like to hunt these down and fix that. If you could let me know which tokens don't have images as you come across them, I'd appreciate it. Same goes for missing product images/quest images/so on.
I have all the token images up to date (should be at least :)), except for changes since last beta. I can upload those for you later.
Xitax

Postby KrazyTheFox » 01 Jun 2015, 22:02

Xitax wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:One thing I've noticed is that many of the tokens appear incorrect or are missing images. I'd like to hunt these down and fix that. If you could let me know which tokens don't have images as you come across them, I'd appreciate it. Same goes for missing product images/quest images/so on.
I have all the token images up to date (should be at least :)), except for changes since last beta. I can upload those for you later.
That would be much appreciated!
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 01 Jun 2015, 23:40

Tokens.
Attachments
tokens.zip
(24.5 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
Xitax

Postby KrazyTheFox » 02 Jun 2015, 16:34

Agetian wrote:Oh, and not sure if your latest commits were intended to fix the issue with the quest icons in the duel not appearing correctly in the first game of the match, but the issue is definitely still there (in game 1 the avatar is wrong, in game 2 it's correct).
I've fixed this in r29549. The icons were getting added to the avatar list after the game view was initialized, causing it to return a random icon for the first game.

Xitax wrote:Tokens.
Many thanks! I'll go through these tonight.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 02 Jun 2015, 17:16

I tried fixing Phantom Nomad in r29550 such that it only gets one counter removed for damage dealt in combat from multiple sources (thus emulating "all combat damage is applied simultaneously"). Can you please tell me if I'm correct that first strike / double strike damage is not applied simultaneously with the other damage? (it seems that way but I just want to confirm). In Phantom Nomad I'm using two static cleanup triggers, one in first strike step and the other in combat end step, to ensure that the card can receive more preventible combat damage in the upcoming turns (FS step cleans it in preparation for regular damage step, and combat end step cleans it in preparation for the next turn or for the possible second combat phase in case it happens).

The only problem thus far I've identified with this approach: the card detail panel is listing the prevention ability twice because there are two separate events configured for combat and for non-combat damage... For now, not sure how to work around that. - fixed (r29552).

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 02 Jun 2015, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 02 Jun 2015, 17:23

Agetian wrote:I tried fixing Phantom Nomad in r29550 such that it only gets one counter removed for damage dealt in combat from multiple sources (thus emulating "all combat damage is applied simultaneously"). Can you please tell me if I'm correct that first strike / double strike damage is not applied simultaneously with the other damage? (it seems that way but I just want to confirm). In Phantom Nomad I'm using two static cleanup triggers, one in first strike step and the other in combat end step, to ensure that the card can receive more preventible combat damage in the upcoming turns (FS step cleans it in preparation for regular damage step, and combat end step cleans it in preparation for the next turn or for the possible second combat phase in case it happens).

The only problem thus far I've identified with this approach: the card detail panel is listing the prevention ability twice because there are two separate events configured for combat and for non-combat damage... For now, not sure how to work around that.

- Agetian
If I'm understanding you correctly, the damage is applied separately when there's two combat damage steps, as is the case with FS/DS. Technically, there's no dedicated FS damage step, but rather, when an attacking creature has FS/DS, a second combat damage step is created after the first in which creatures without FS apply damage. If Phantom Nomad is blocking a creature with DS, it would receive two separate instances of damage and would lose two counters as a result. If Phantom Nomad is being blocked by 3 creatures with DS, it would still only receive two separate instances of damage (all FS damage, then all regular damage) and would only lose two counters.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner