It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:09

Text Size

The Ultimate Quest Mode Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: The Ultimate Quest Mode Thread

Postby fmartel » 25 Jun 2015, 16:47

Hello All, in Quest preferences, I've set the booster pack ratio as follow : 3R, 5U, 7C.
Each time I win I get the "normal ratio (1R, 3U, 11C)" why ?
FM_20.txt
bak file of my current quest
(10.14 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

thank you.
fmartel

Postby timmermac » 25 Jun 2015, 17:31

Did you start a new quest after changing the preferences? In most cases, changes won't affect an already created quest.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby fmartel » 25 Jun 2015, 19:39

timmermac wrote:Did you start a new quest after changing the preferences? In most cases, changes won't affect an already created quest.
Yes, the settings were changed prior to starting a new quest.
fmartel

Postby KrazyTheFox » 25 Jun 2015, 23:52

Those settings only apply to the 'format' boosters: "Vintage", "Legacy", "Modern", etc. The other boosters are all predefined and will only contain 15 cards.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby fmartel » 26 Jun 2015, 15:24

KrazyTheFox wrote:Those settings only apply to the 'format' boosters: "Vintage", "Legacy", "Modern", etc. The other boosters are all predefined and will only contain 15 cards.
That's exactly the ratio I've done, 3R, 7U, 5C.
If I understand you correctly, the boosters I win avec defeating my oponnent would stay the same as the original ratio ?
fmartel

Postby friarsol » 26 Jun 2015, 15:38

fmartel wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:Those settings only apply to the 'format' boosters: "Vintage", "Legacy", "Modern", etc. The other boosters are all predefined and will only contain 15 cards.
If I understand you correctly, the boosters I win avec defeating my oponnent would stay the same as the original ratio ?
What Krazy is saying is that set boosters are completely predefined as to what they are if you opened them in the store. A Fallen Empires booster is 8 cards, an Innistrad booster is 15 cards (1 DFC, 1 rare, 3 uncommon,etc..)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby fmartel » 26 Jun 2015, 16:31

friarsol wrote:
fmartel wrote:
What Krazy is saying is that set boosters are completely predefined as to what they are if you opened them in the store. A Fallen Empires booster is 8 cards, an Innistrad booster is 15 cards (1 DFC, 1 rare, 3 uncommon,etc..)
Ok, so in what way can my ratio be applied ?
fmartel

Postby timmermac » 26 Jun 2015, 18:01

If you're talking about boosters purchased in the spell shop, I think the edition files would be where you'd have to make the change. If you're talking about post-match reward boosters, then where you've already made the change should be working.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby shteev » 12 Jul 2015, 12:59

So after 1700 or so games in quest mode I've bought somewhere in the region of 200 preconstructed decks from the store (not sure of the exact numbers because they're all mixed up in the list with my own constructed and draft decks). I've plenty of money now and I've just been buying anything I don't already have.

I notice a couple of obvious omissions tho and I wondered if they have been deliberately removed from the the store: Transference (which contains Skullclamp), and Rat's Nest (which contains Umezawa's Jitte). Has this been done on purpose to remove access to these severely overpowered cards?

If so, might I suggest another addition to the list: Migraine, which contains Ensnaring Bridge. The Bridge shuts down most of the decks in the main world, since they often rely on killing you with creatures, and don't contain any artifact removal; in fact, even if they can remove it, the AI will tend to target it's artifact removal at your highest cost artifact, so you can protect the Bridge by simply having, say, a Mindslaver in play. While it's true that small creatures can attack you if you can't keep your hand size down, the AI will be reluctant to attack with anything below 4 power if you have a 1/4 Plant Wall with wither in play, and this should give you plenty of time to empty your hand.

Incidentally, I tried playing with Umezawa's Jitte, but despite it's raw power I found the interface to use it way too fiddly so I took it out of my deck because using it was such a pain :)
shteev

Postby friarsol » 12 Jul 2015, 15:26

shteev wrote:I notice a couple of obvious omissions tho and I wondered if they have been deliberately removed from the the store: Transference (which contains Skullclamp), and Rat's Nest (which contains Umezawa's Jitte). Has this been done on purpose to remove access to these severely overpowered cards?
I'm not sure what you mean by "removed" if we don't have a preconstructed deck it's because noone has created it. Usually this happens when cards are missing from the preconstructed deck.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby shteev » 12 Jul 2015, 18:04

friarsol wrote:
shteev wrote:I notice a couple of obvious omissions tho and I wondered if they have been deliberately removed from the the store: Transference (which contains Skullclamp), and Rat's Nest (which contains Umezawa's Jitte). Has this been done on purpose to remove access to these severely overpowered cards?
I'm not sure what you mean by "removed" if we don't have a preconstructed deck it's because noone has created it. Usually this happens when cards are missing from the preconstructed deck.
By "removed" I just mean they aren't available to buy in the store.

Checking out my decks tho I've noticed that I've only bought the 'Spiritcraft' preconstructed deck from Betrayers of Kamigawa, and that I haven't yet bought 'Rat's Nest', 'Dark Devotion', or 'Ninjutsu'.

The only reason I'd noticed that Rat's Nest in particular was missing because I'd been looking for it for so long.
shteev

Postby Fizanko » 14 Jul 2015, 21:16

As those 4 decks were featuring Forge-compatible decks, i set the .dck files :
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17218&p=182559#p182559

make sure to place all those 4 .dck files from the archive attached to the linked post in
yourForgedirectory\res\quest\precons\

to have them available in the shop (unless i made a mistake somewhere in the deck files)
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby damicore » 09 Nov 2015, 17:56

Do preferences like how many wins per pack in the shop reset their counter of wins when you change and travel through worlds?
Also aren't quest drafts way too expensive? You'd have to WIN on the ballpark of 100 games with default quest preferences to become able to spend the ~5000 credits entry fee for a Ravnica Quest World draft.
Or am I missing an obviously great source for income?
damicore

Postby Jahill » 11 Nov 2015, 17:42

There are colour coded Booster Packs (including colourless) that can be exploited to hoard money. Simply go to Shandalar and buy some of those packs (600 each) and there's a good chance that you'll have an expensive card that worths times what you payed for the whole pack. This depend on the prices file you have; I read somewhere that some people changed those value because there weren't reliable ways to get expensive cards.

However, this was inaugrated in a recent update less than a year ago so I think you're supposed to toil to unlock & afford challanges and tournaments.
Jahill

Postby serrasmurf » 12 Nov 2015, 13:39

Here some money strategies:
- Have an alternative win condition as a subtheme in your deck. These yield extra money. Once you have control of the game it is not that hard to find your good infect/mill/ “you win” card (Felidar Sovereign, Laboratory Maniac, Door to Nothingness).
- Get the other bonuses. Get some fast wins by playing burn or dark rituals. Get the life difference bonus by winning with 1 big attack
- If you invest in a “charm of vigor” you'll have an extra game in every match to earn these bonuses
- Win draft tournaments. These yield money and extra cards, you can also choose cards as a reward that have a good selling price. When you’ve won a cheap tournament, you’ll often have the cash to enter a more expensive tournament
- Choose money rares during draft tournaments (a risky strategy as you also need to win the tournament, which for some formats is already pretty difficult without this extra complication. I like the tension this gives)
- Sell life in the bazar. This will sometimes enable you to enter a draft tournament. If you then lose in this tournament you got a big problem though :D
- Get lucky with the boosters you win :D . 1 alpha/beta card can already boost your credits substantially
- Tweak the numbers of some preferences or play at a lower level. I always prefer to start with a bit more rares (you can sell what you don’t need) or make sure I win a booster after every match
- Play for ante against (some ) opponents. Most effective in the shandalar world (it feels a bit like cheating, some travel cost would alleviate that)

I do agree that playing on hard level makes it already very difficult to buy packs in the quest shop. The standard settings migt be a bit off here. Once you’re out of money it’s very hard to come back.
serrasmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Forge