It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:39

Text Size

Portuguese Translation

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Portuguese Translation

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 Jul 2015, 19:40

Last edited by PalladiaMors on 13 Jul 2015, 01:19, edited 6 times in total.
PalladiaMors

Re: Portuguese Translation

Postby Lodici » 03 Jul 2015, 20:33

Great. I downloaded the file directly into the Magarena/translations folder, it appeared as expected in the drop-down and loaded without any problems on restart. Nice work.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 07 Jul 2015, 22:02

PalladiaMors wrote:Small update: I'm done with the rough translation of the remainder of the text. Now I have to fine-tune the work, loading it into Magarena to verify that everything is understandable and coherent as a whole. Should be done in a few days.
Good stuff. I am using your translation to update the UI so that everything fits.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 07 Jul 2015, 22:52

^ Tried to upload the current file (although it's really low quality) to try to help you with that for the time being, but unfortunately I got the message "board attachment quota already reached" when I tried to upload the new one. Pretty surprising, given that it was a 20 Kb file...

Edit: sent through gmail.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 08 Jul 2015, 02:25

Yep, I am getting a "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." message when I try to attach the file. Must be a general restriction. Seems to work ok though zipped.

Is this the right file? There is still about 180 lines still to be translated. Sorry.

Also there is no need to translate the comments (lines starting with #), they are there as a guide to the translator whom by definition should be able to understand English! These are not displayed in the UI.

Generally the new text seems to be displayed ok although I am going to have to look at the players selection screen which has been skewed somewhat, lol.

EDIT: there is definitely a (new?) restriction in place regarding attachments - it won't let me post a screenshot which I have done successfully countless times in the main forum.

EDIT: removed attachment.
Last edited by Lodici on 09 Jul 2015, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 08 Jul 2015, 18:11

Sent you a newer version, sorry about the leftover text, I think I hadn't updated the text to the latest version and there was stuff missing. I did the first pass on the entire text now, but I want to do a good job so I'll still want to review and improve it later.

About the comments, it's not really a lot of work and I thought maybe it could be potentially useful. For example, maybe someone could want to do the Spanish translation from the Portuguese one instead of translating from English - not ideal, of course, but we don't know when you'll find someone interested in doing it and what he'll prefer. So I just did it anyway, wasn't a problem.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 08 Jul 2015, 18:46

PalladiaMors wrote:Sent you a newer version, sorry about the leftover text, I think I hadn't updated the text to the latest version and there was stuff missing. I did the first pass on the entire text now, but I want to do a good job so I'll still want to review and improve it later.
Awesome - struggling to find my way around the UI now! :) Zip now exceeds threshold unfortunately so can't upload here. :( Ultimately though, I would like to include your translation in the next release so that when running a new version of Magarena for the first time it will ask the user to select their preferred language, which at the moment will be a choice between English and Portuguese.

PalladiaMors wrote:About the comments, it's not really a lot of work and I thought maybe it could be potentially useful. For example, maybe someone could want to do the Spanish translation from the Portuguese one instead of translating from English - not ideal, of course, but we don't know when you'll find someone interested in doing it and what he'll prefer. So I just did it anyway, wasn't a problem.
Very good point - I did not consider that.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 09 Jul 2015, 19:41

Reviewed the work and the final (zipped) file is available in the opening post. This should be decent enough for the release, unlike previous versions.

Feedback from native speakers would be extremely welcome. If possible, please state which country you're from (if Brazil, please also say which region/state you're from). Any criticism is more than welcome.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 09 Jul 2015, 23:16

Testing attachment with latest Português.txt - looks like issue is fixed. @PalladiaMors you might want to update your initial post with the non-zipped version (for convenience really).

EDIT: removed attachment.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 10 Jul 2015, 04:03

Please remember to remove any occurrences of the small square prefix (▫). You missed 0107393066 which is actually a html string which kind of stands out because the prefix prevents the html from being evaluated so you end up with something like ▫<html>Memnite <b>é ilegal</b> em Standard</html> as a tooltip.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 10 Jul 2015, 12:55

I have removed the <html>...</html> tags from all translatable strings (12f057abe4) since I think they are just unwanted noise in the translation file. This has also meant that in general affected strings can be broken down into more manageable chunks. It has added about 10 new strings to translate. Sorry.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 10 Jul 2015, 18:11

Attached the updated file into the OP. Also spotted a couple minor issues, so it turned out quite useful, no need to apologize!
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 10 Jul 2015, 18:41

Thanks, I have pushed your latest updates to GitHub (e59b24fb0).

One thing this demonstrates (which I forgot to mention) is that the comments are reset back to English when you edit/sync the file via the Edit menu option. So unfortunately your comment translations will be lost at the moment.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 13 Jul 2015, 00:51

@PalladiaMors I think it would useful to add a link to the raw file in github in your first post (in place of the removed attachment). For example,

Code: Select all
[url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/magarena/magarena/master/release/Magarena/translations/Portugu%C3%AAs.txt]Português.txt[/url]

displays Português.txt. Right clicking the link and "Save as..." you can download the file.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 30 Nov 2015, 12:09

@Lodici I forgot the encoding issue in the last update I sent /facepalm. That must be why the build had failed. It's strange, it just completely slipped my mind. You know what they say about someone who makes the same mistake half a dozen times.

Hopefully that didn't mean more trouble for you. I *will* remember this next time *knocks head*.
PalladiaMors

Next

Return to Development