It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:24

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.46 or 1.6.0

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.46 or 1.6.0

Postby drdev » 27 Sep 2015, 13:38

Ok, I've fixed it so draft/sealed no longer pull in basic lands to their sideboard pool. I also fixed the display issue where it would display a box instead of "0%" before you had any colored cards in the deck.
drdev
Programmer

Postby SIXTY » 27 Sep 2015, 14:13

Guys, great respect to Your work, you rock! I look forward to the new version of Forge, she was supposed to go on Friday or Saturday, but on Sunday... :) one More question is essentially: how can I be with my quest, because if I'm not mistaken, creating a quest with a set of specific sets and add-ons like "From the Vault", I will be deprived of the opportunity to get cards and boosters from BFZ, I'm wrong or how to resolve this situation?
Sorry for my bad English :)
SIXTY

Postby Agetian » 27 Sep 2015, 14:43

@ drdev: Nice job, thanks! Works and looks awesome now! :)

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 27 Sep 2015, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 27 Sep 2015, 15:05

Hmm I just tested the Add Basic Lands dialog in Quest mode and it seems unlimited but in a rather non-exploitable way to me. I went to the "Quest Decks" screen, clicked Build a New Deck, then clicked "Add Basic Lands" and chose to add 50 Islands from Zendikar set, and indeed I got 50 ZEN Islands on top of what I had in my quest card pool (and I only had like 15 or 20 Islands in the first place. Then, however, I tested that in the quest shop and I can say that these cards (extra basic lands) do not appear to go into the card pool available for sale, which is a little bit confusing at first but should at least prevent exploiting them (that is, selling those free lands).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 27 Sep 2015, 16:50

Agetian wrote:Hmm I just tested the Add Basic Lands dialog in Quest mode and it seems unlimited but in a rather non-exploitable way to me. I went to the "Quest Decks" screen, clicked Build a New Deck, then clicked "Add Basic Lands" and chose to add 50 Islands from Zendikar set, and indeed I got 50 ZEN Islands on top of what I had in my quest card pool (and I only had like 15 or 20 Islands in the first place. Then, however, I tested that in the quest shop and I can say that these cards (extra basic lands) do not appear to go into the card pool available for sale, which is a little bit confusing at first but should at least prevent exploiting them (that is, selling those free lands).

- Agetian
Yeah, that sounds about right. I never add the lands to the quest inventory, only to the deck. It's just a separate pool of cards (just basic lands) that you can use to build decks. But you can't sell cards from that pool or directly from a deck.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 27 Sep 2015, 16:54

Yep, sounds good! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 27 Sep 2015, 17:53

Agetian wrote:Looks great, Dan! Works really well for me, I agree that we can ditch the old generation algorithm for Sealed and Draft! (will need to preserve it for Quest though, I believe, otherwise it'll be too easy to cheat in quest mode by giving yourself as many basics as you want, selling them, giving more, selling them, etc...). Right now it's possible to abuse this in Quest mode, by the way. ;) Or maybe something else can be thought of for the Quest mode? Such as, for example, "Add Basic Lands" works in Quest mode only within some limitations? (for ex., it can't generate more than 20 basic lands of each type), or maybe it can have a different use in Quest mode - such as e.g. adding basic lands from your card pool to your deck (but only within the limits of what you have in your card pool, which is generated in the beginning of the quest just as before?) This might also be a little bit of a concern for the Quest Draft Tournaments where it'll be possible to add a lot of excessive basics to the card pool for sale, but then again, one may have to end up exercising control over how one plays Forge :) I mean, if one wants to cheat, he'll find a way to cheat anyway.
Honestly, another part of why I wanted this is so I could remove the overload/clutter of basics from Quest Mode. Ideally I'd do something like this:

Standard set basics are free to add to your deck at any time through the dialog. Selling Standard basics is worth 0 gp (Mostly just for cleaning up your cardpool). Any other lands you accumulate from other methods can be sold normally. If we cap the quest mode draft tournament at the amount of basics we give out for free now, it'll just remove the automatic clutter.

Starting basics (not snow basics) would be just available through the dialog, so we wouldn't need to provide any to the initial quest, nor have any in spell shop.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 27 Sep 2015, 17:55

That sounds like a very interesting idea, Sol! I like it!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 27 Sep 2015, 18:53

By the way, I noticed that pretty much all basic lands now cost 0 when selling them (after I updated the card prices). Was this an intentional nerf or just a coincidence? At any rate, with this in mind, should we just proceed with removing quest mode basic land generation then? (if they don't cost anything anyway, I think the old generation method can be ditched in favor of using Add Basic Lands to add free basic lands directly to decks while avoiding clutter in the card pool?)

P.S. Another odd thing I noticed: M10 Mountains cost 2500+ credits to buy in the quest shop (!). Other lands were cheap though, per the norm.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 27 Sep 2015, 19:00

Agetian wrote:P.S. Another odd thing I noticed: M10 Mountains cost 2500+ credits to buy in the quest shop (!). Other lands were cheap though, per the norm.
With the removal of tcgplayer's pricing API I implemented a bit of a stop-gap fix for this using another site. The prices for the cards are sometimes very incorrect and I'm looking at ways to get more reliable prices back into Forge.

I think having to not keep track of basic lands in quest mode would be great. +1 for removing basics from the quest card pool from me.

Edit: Specifically, I'm playing around with Selenium to see if I can scrape card prices from tcgplayer without the site blocking me for using a bot.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2015, 05:27

Okie doke!
And in the view of everything discussed I committed r30150 which features further integration of Add Basic Lands and decluttering of Quest mode, in particular:

- Quest mode now depends on the player using Add Basic Lands to add basic lands to his decks instead of buying basic lands from the quest shop or using the generated basic lands from the initial card pool.
- Quest mode no longer generates basic lands for the starting card pool to avoid clutter.
- Quest mode shop no longer sells basic lands (to avoid clutter; you can add any basic lands you want anyway).
- Quest mode draft tournament correctly allows to use "Add Basic Lands" only after drafting is over and deck construction begins (and the button is hidden during the drafting process).
- Otherwise, basic lands found normally during the quest (e.g. found in booster packs, drafted in quest draft tournaments (if anyone ever drafts basic lands), purchased in preconstructed decks etc.) function as before and can be sold normally via the quest shop interface.

The only thing I'm uncertain about here is making the quest shop not sell basic lands. The functionality seems kinda useless with Add Basic Lands in place, but let me know what you think.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2015, 06:19

By the way, one thing I noticed: Add Basic Lands in Quest mode seems to always default to Zendikar lands no matter what format is chosen (I tried e.g. choosing Standard as my format of choice, where Zendikar isn't even legal anymore, and yet the default choice of lands I'm presented with is still Zendikar :/ ) Not a huge deal by any standard, but would still be nice if the default choice was more appropriate to the format chosen for quest (maybe the newest set with lands in the format, or a random set with lands from the chosen format?), just like it is in other modes (e.g. in Booster Draft / Sealed it defaults to the drafted set).

EDIT: This is now handled (in r30155).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 28 Sep 2015, 14:13

Chris H. wrote:Tentative target release date: September 25 2015.

Now scheduled for October 2, 2015.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby friarsol » 02 Oct 2015, 16:10

Chris you on track to release today? Otherwise we should get someone else to post it so the users can get at BFZ
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 02 Oct 2015, 17:17

friarsol wrote:Chris you on track to release today? Otherwise we should get someone else to post it so the users can get at BFZ

I am now building and deploying the beta.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner