It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:40

Text Size

Set ReNaming and Hierarchy Spreadsheet Help Questions

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Set ReNaming and Hierarchy Spreadsheet Help Questions

Postby Huggybaby » 19 Oct 2015, 01:42

Thanks to Doyle for pointing the need to this topic. 8)

Right. So in case someone writes a script or program to 1) rename one set of pics to another, and 2) move them from one places to another places, how might the information necessary to do that, be represented on a spreadsheet?

Left column is the three letter set code used by wotc.
Right column is the set code that Forge uses.

Anything else? How to handle subdirectories?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: Set ReNaming and Hierarchy Spreadsheet Help Questions

Postby Doyle524 » 19 Oct 2015, 02:47

Well, when it comes to Forge (I'm sorry, I have no experience with any other MTG program's folder system), there aren't any subfolders inside of the set folders. There is a separate folder that goes beside the "cards" directory called "tokens", which houses all the tokens, ungrouped but named in a very specific manner. The other necessities of converting between the torrent and Forge are adding the ".full" to the file name so it reads "*.full.jpg", and renaming any cards ending in "* [#]" to "*#". I can throw the foundation for the spreadsheet together (the two set name columns) in a few minutes and post it here for starters.
Doyle524

Postby Doyle524 » 19 Oct 2015, 06:30

Hey, a few minutes turned into a few hours, but I decided to make sure all of the sets from the Wiki List of MTG Sets page were on the spreadsheet at least by name, in case some program or other user of the image files needs to use any sets that don't have an official Gatherer code. There are (I believe) 168 different sets or set variations listed in this file, separated first into categories (core sets, expansions, etc) by double line breaks, and second into sets (within the expansions, for example) by single line breaks. If there are any suggestions regarding formatting or anything else, I'll be happy to edit the file. Hope this helps!
Attachments
MTG card naming.xls
MTG Card Naming spreadsheet in XLS format
(27 KiB) Downloaded 633 times
Doyle524

Postby charlequin » 20 Oct 2015, 03:54

Huggybaby wrote:Right. So in case someone writes a script or program to 1) rename one set of pics to another, and 2) move them from one places to another places, how might the information necessary to do that, be represented on a spreadsheet?
I'd say go with something like this:

folder,LEA,'Coresets/Limited Edition Alpha'
folder,GTC,'Expansions/Gatecrash'
folder,CP1,'Box Sets/Clash Packs/Clash Pack M15 - Fate and Fury'
file,'(.*)(\d)\.jpg', '$1 #$2.jpg'

Folder lines map the three-character code folders to a spot (possibly multiple levels down) in a directory hierarchy. File lines perform a regex search-and-replace on the filename. That'd probably cover most possible scenarios.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Asta666 » 24 Jul 2016, 04:41

That spreadsheet is great Doyle! Here's my attempt to write a python script for this task, based on it: https://github.com/Asta1986/mtg_sets/bl ... me_sets.py
I hope it might be helpful to others too.
Asta666

Return to Pictures