It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:10

Text Size

Custom Cubes

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Cubes

Postby Niv-Mizzet » 23 Feb 2014, 05:57

I've also had the same issue of trying to import my own cube--all the cards are totally random. I have noticed that when you open up the two cube dck files that come with Forge using Notepad they look different than the file that I saved of my own cube. Open them in Wordpad and they look like they all have the same formatting, but open them in Notepad and the lists for the Juzamjedi and Skieracubes are all scrunched together, whereas the file of my own has them in a vertical list. Could this have something to do with it? Is there a way to save my file so it appears in this other fashion?
Niv-Mizzet

Postby vojsob » 20 Mar 2014, 09:09

Here is actual MTGO cube :)
should be working, Ill make MODO powered cube (that holiday one) ASAP :)
just unpack into Cube and Draft folder and play :)
Attachments
draft.zip
(6.38 KiB) Downloaded 1318 times
vojsob

Postby Bog Wraith » 21 Jun 2014, 19:39

Here is my version of the Magic The Gathering Online, digital only, Vintage Masters set that is currently running.

Included with these 2 files is a read me file that I hope you read before installing the files. It has some important info on rarity and pack creation along with some other pertinent things that relate to this cube.

If you spot any errors or have any comments, PM me here at CCGHQ.

BTW, if you're looking for some card pics for some of the cards in the set from Conspiracy or any other sets you might be looking for, here's a link to Mythic Spoiler. They're decent in quality & will do you fine until the HQ images come out later this summer:
http://www.mythicspoiler.com/cpy/index.html

--------------------------------
Edit

I've added a sealed deck version of Vintage Masters. You must have the Vintage Masters Cube installed as well. Just add the file to the Contents/Resources/res/sealed folder.
Attachments
VintageMasters.sealed.zip
Vintage Masters Sealed
(705 Bytes) Downloaded 1260 times
Vintage Masters Cube.zip
Vintage Masters Draft
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 1285 times
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Climb » 05 Jul 2014, 07:13

I'm also having trouble getting cubes to work properly. When I load the draft, its just random cards
Niv-Mizzet wrote:I've also had the same issue of trying to import my own cube--all the cards are totally random. I have noticed that when you open up the two cube dck files that come with Forge using Notepad they look different than the file that I saved of my own cube. Open them in Wordpad and they look like they all have the same formatting, but open them in Notepad and the lists for the Juzamjedi and Skieracubes are all scrunched together, whereas the file of my own has them in a vertical list. Could this have something to do with it? Is there a way to save my file so it appears in this other fashion?
Has anyone figured this out yet?
Climb

Postby gos » 11 May 2015, 09:50

When I was watching the Pro Tour Fate Reforge coverage, one of the commentators mentioned a cube maintained by someone, the Pro Tour Cube. It includes 1 copy of every card that's been in a deck that's won a Pro Tour.

Voilà!
Attachments
ProTourCube.zip
(6.97 KiB) Downloaded 868 times
gos

Postby Bog Wraith » 23 Jul 2015, 19:51

Here is the 2015 Holiday Cube Draft that just ended on MTGO. All the instructions for installing it as well as some other stuff including a list of the 540 cards in the cube are there. Also, I've included a link to CubeTutor that has a hyperlinked version of the list to peruse at your leisure to view the cards in the cube. All that info is in a ReadMe file I've included, so please read it before you install the cube.

A Holiday Cube Draft in July? Yes, WotC is celebrating MTGO's 13 birthday since going online back in June of 2002, thus this version of the cube!

As always, if you spot any errors, please PM me & I will get it corrected.

Have at it & enjoy! :)
Attachments
MTGO Holiday Cube Draft.zip
MTGO Holiday Cube - (Mid 2015)
(253.79 KiB) Downloaded 931 times
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Bog Wraith » 18 Sep 2015, 03:37

Here is the newest version of the MTGO Legacy Cube that will go live on September 23, 2015.

This replaces my earlier version of this cube from April of this year, which can be found here:

viewtopic.php?p=176756#p176756

Here is a link to Randy Buehler's article to see the changes that were made from the Spring version of the cube to this one that will roll out on the first day of Autumn. There's a link at the top of that page that will take you to an updated hyperlinked list of this Legacy Cube if you want to see it card by card, separated into its individual colours.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-09-14

There is a Read Me 1st file that comes with this that will explain where to place the files in Forge and how to select and start a draft from within the game.

If you spot any errors, please let me know & I will correct them.

Enjoy!
Attachments
Legacy Cube Draft_1509.zip
MTGO Legacy Cube Draft_September 2015
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby BaloErets » 24 Oct 2015, 19:49

Bog Wraith wrote:Here is the newest version of the MTGO Legacy Cube that will go live on September 23, 2015.

This replaces my earlier version of this cube from April of this year, which can be found here:

viewtopic.php?p=176756#p176756

Here is a link to Randy Buehler's article to see the changes that were made from the Spring version of the cube to this one that will roll out on the first day of Autumn. There's a link at the top of that page that will take you to an updated hyperlinked list of this Legacy Cube if you want to see it card by card, separated into its individual colours.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-09-14

There is a Read Me 1st file that comes with this that will explain where to place the files in Forge and how to select and start a draft from within the game.

If you spot any errors, please let me know & I will correct them.

Enjoy!
Thanks so much for putting that together for us. Just note that there is an error.

a) In the .dck file, it's written "Name=Legacy Cube ", where it should be LegacyCube (no space). The formatting also seems off in the .draft file, but I'm not sure if that has any effect.

Cheers
BaloErets

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 Oct 2015, 00:02

Thanks so much for putting that together for us. Just note that there is an error.

a) In the .dck file, it's written "Name=Legacy Cube ", where it should be LegacyCube (no space). The formatting also seems off in the .draft file, but I'm not sure if that has any effect.

Cheers
I'm glad you're enjoying playing with this cube as I find this particular one allot of fun to draft & play with.

As for the space in the .dck & .draft files, since the name of the files and the info within those two files are all the same, meaning "Legacy Cube", there is no error. Not all cube/draft files are named without a space. As long as the file names and the name used within the files are the same, they will work.

Below is a picture of the two files within their respective folders as well as the two open text files shown on the right of those two same files. You can see that all 4 instances of when the name is used are all the same, here being Legacy Cube.
Attachments
Naming Cube Files.jpg
Naming Cube Files
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby BaloErets » 25 Oct 2015, 14:23

Bog Wraith wrote:Below is a picture of the two files within their respective folders as well as the two open text files shown on the right of those two same files. You can see that all 4 instances of when the name is used are all the same, here being Legacy Cube.
Thanks for the reply. That's very strange, because after downloading the .zip (I tried again just now to be sure I wasn't crazy), I'm not seeing the same thing you posted in your screencap above. Is it possible that there is some kind of formatting problem between platforms?

Basically, I was getting random cards when I was starting the draft until I edited them all to have the same spacing. You'll see below I've circled in red the instances with no space, and in blue those with the space.

As for the formatting I mentioned in the previous post, I realized that this was due to viewing the files in notepad. Everything looked proper when viewing the files in wordpad.

Thanks again
Attachments
draftfile.JPG
deckfile.JPG
BaloErets

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 Oct 2015, 16:55

BaloErets wrote:
Thanks for the reply. That's very strange, because after downloading the .zip (I tried again just now to be sure I wasn't crazy), I'm not seeing the same thing you posted in your screencap above. Is it possible that there is some kind of formatting problem between platforms?

Basically, I was getting random cards when I was starting the draft until I edited them all to have the same spacing. You'll see below I've circled in red the instances with no space, and in blue those with the space.

As for the formatting I mentioned in the previous post, I realized that this was due to viewing the files in notepad. Everything looked proper when viewing the files in wordpad.

Thanks again
You're welcome. :)

As for any formatting problem, I, as you can tell, am on a Mac when creating these files & since the vast majority of players who use these files are on PC's, I would have heard something about this being a problem a long time ago. Not just for this particular cube, but for the other ones I have done in the past. When I first did my first cube, I tested it on my PC and was satisfied that all was working as it should.

The only thing I can suggest is to delete the files from this cube and download a fresh version & install that one. Maybe the file you originally got was corrupted during the transfer of it.

As an aside,you say you saw the files look proper when viewing them in Wordpad & not in Notepad.
That is the complete opposite of what I do as I create my files in TextEdit which creates documents in Rich Text, but I convert it to Plain Text, (as you see below), before I start to type to remove any formatting, so no issues should occur when opened or used in cross platform situations.

The only other thing that is probably not relevant but that I can ask is, are you using Windows 10? I doubt that would have any bearing, but It's worth checking on to ask.
Attachments
screenshot_1028.jpg
Formatted Text
screenshot_1029.jpg
PlainText
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby ChronoJack » 29 Oct 2015, 08:59

Here's a cube I got off of Cube Tutor
Attachments
MedievalCube.zip
Medieval Cube
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 638 times
ChronoJack

Postby Bog Wraith » 02 Dec 2015, 22:16

Here is the current cube running on MTGO with the Legendary Cube!

This cube was compiled at cubetutor.com by the user "allaras", so thanks go to him for entering the data that I exported as a text file to work with in Forge.

Here is a link to the hyperlinked list of this cube that you can peruse at your leisure to see the cards individually:

http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/42106 ... 5C74495699

The cube contains 598 cards. All but 3 of these cards are available in Forge, those being;

Karador, Ghost Chieftain

Mizzix's Mastery

Pyromancer's Goggles

If you find any errors, please PM me so I can fix it & update the files. I will do the same if any of the 3 cards are added later on into the Forge database.

There is a Read Me 1st file included that shows how & where to install the files within Forge.

Enjoy!

Bog Wraith
Attachments
Legendary_Cube_Logo_v2.jpg
MTGO Legendary Cube .zip
MTGO Legendary Cube
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Thrint » 04 Dec 2015, 18:36

Re: MTGO Legendary Cube

While the data of the .dck and .draft files look to be valid, my P1 has decidedly non-legendary (and therefore non-cube) cards. In full disclosure, I'm using ChrisH's snapshot build of 1.5.48 snapshot 30426.
Thrint

Postby Thrint » 07 Dec 2015, 02:51

OK, so here's what I have for the Legendary Cube. I'm fairly sure I've worked out most of the typos, and there's two cards that just don't want to format properly: Karador, Ghost Chieftain and Mizzix's Mastery. Otherwise it seems to be fine, and fun.
Attachments
legendarycube.zip
(6.8 KiB) Downloaded 689 times
Thrint

PreviousNext

Return to Forge Decks