It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:57

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Postby mqj » 28 Oct 2015, 06:27

Thanks for the links, skibulk.

I interpret your last sentence "The exception is non-ascii characters - like AE or accents." to mean that the string "Ae" is used to represent the "Æ" digraph. But the Legends card Aerathi Berserker should probably not be "LEG/Aerathi Berserker.xlhq.jpg" but instead be "LEG/rathi Berserker.xlhq.jpg" correct?

Sloth - 23 Aug 2013, 05:40 wrote:Then don't forget to name AErathi Berserker "rathi Berserker".
Huggybaby - 23 Aug 2013, 10:12 wrote:Thanks, will do.
There are many cards that are listed in the zip files with an apostrophe but are not on the card image. Should all these files eventually be renamed to remove the apostrophe?

2ED/Gaea's Liege.xlhq.jpg
2ED/Mons's Goblin Raiders.xlhq.jpg
2ED/Nevinyrral's Disk.xlhq.jpg
2ED/Siren's Call.xlhq.jpg
2ED/Will-O'-The-Wisp.xlhq.jpg

3ED/Aladdin's Lamp.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Aladdin's Ring.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Gaea's Liege.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Hurkyl's Recall.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Jandor's Ring.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Jandor's Saddlebags.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Mishra's War Machine.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Mons's Goblin Raiders.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Nevinyrral's Disk.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Siren's Call.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Titania's Song.xlhq.jpg
3ED/Will-O'-The-Wisp.xlhq.jpg

ARN/Abu Ja'far.xlhq.jpg
ARN/Aladdin's Lamp.xlhq.jpg
ARN/Aladdin's Ring.xlhq.jpg
ARN/Jandor's Ring.xlhq.jpg
ARN/Jandor's Saddlebags.xlhq.jpg
ARN/Ring of Ma'ruf.xlhq.jpg

ATQ/Ashnod's Altar.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Ashnod's Battle Gear.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Ashnod's Transmogrant.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Drafna's Restoration.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Feldon's Cane.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Gaea's Avenger.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Hurkyl's Recall.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Mishra's Factory1.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Mishra's Factory2.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Mishra's Factory3.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Mishra's Factory4.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Mishra's War Machine.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Mishra's Workshop.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Tawnos's Coffin.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Tawnos's Wand.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Tawnos's Weaponry.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Titania's Song.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Avenger.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Chalice.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Mine1.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Mine2.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Mine3.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Mine4.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Miter.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Power Plant1.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Power Plant2.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Power Plant3.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Power Plant4.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Tower1.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Tower2.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Tower3.xlhq.jpg
ATQ/Urza's Tower4.xlhq.jpg

LEA/Gaea's Liege.xlhq.jpg
LEA/Mons's Goblin Raiders.xlhq.jpg
LEA/Nevinyrral's Disk.xlhq.jpg
LEA/Siren's Call.xlhq.jpg
LEA/Will-O'-The-Wisp.xlhq.jpg

LEB/Gaea's Liege.xlhq.jpg
LEB/Mons's Goblin Raiders.xlhq.jpg
LEB/Nevinyrral's Disk.xlhq.jpg
LEB/Siren's Call.xlhq.jpg
LEB/Will-O'-The-Wisp.xlhq.jpg
mqj

Postby skibulk » 28 Oct 2015, 11:57

Non-ascii characters should be translated to ascii. So all accented characters should be replaced with the base character (è = e) and all ligatures should be replaced with their component caracters (Æ = AE), etc. This is a commmon procedure in content management systems, where published article titles are normalized for use in the website url (for SEO purposes).

I didn't realize there were so many of cards with punctuation errors. Renaming them would probably break a lot of applications, and would introduce challenges for Kudit, who is currently writing a script to unzip, organize, and rename the torrent images for use in various applications.

Is there any script to compare all printed card names against the oracle card names to generate a complete list of affected cards (with spelling, capitalization, and accent errors)? Such a list might help us decide how to best approach the problem.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 28 Oct 2015, 12:22

That should be easily doable in Excel if you start from the CSV database and then do a directory dump of the images to a flat text file.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 28 Oct 2015, 14:29

More info regarding the apostrophes: tracker.php?p=3&t=374
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby kudit » 28 Oct 2015, 14:48

My database currently uses just the oracle card name, but if you give me a csv of the printed cards that don't match the oracle text, I can add to the database and then generate a page with the changes for reference going forward.

As far as apostrophes, I would prefer leaving them in. If we are going with printed card names for easier naming for the scanning team (which makes sense), the minimum number of exceptions would be best. Personally, I would prefer to leave in the accented characters as it's easier to script them out then to script them in but non-Apple users may have a difficult time typing them so this needs to be easy for the scanning team.

And in the naming thread, I noticed that flip cards were changed to an underscore. I don't like that as there are a couple cards with the underscore character in the title so that requires exceptions when parsing. A Mac can have the slashes as a valid file name character but obviously that won't work on Windows so I suggest doing what gatherer does and name flip cards the same as split cards. Currently I believe that is space-dash-space but I would suggest this be updated to two hyphens separated by a space (- -) as this character combination never appears in a card name (unlike a single hyphen or an underscore). (I thought about simply using two hyphens, but my system likes to replace two hyphens with an emdash and the dash-space-dash combination is even less likely to ever be used in a card name.)
Please give feedback on our card database at http://www.deckmaster.info
Send comments via PM here or info@deckmaster.info
kudit

Postby Huggybaby » 28 Oct 2015, 18:46

When I came up with the current naming convention there were no underscore cards. Which ones are you talking about?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 28 Oct 2015, 18:48

skibulk wrote:I didn't realize there were so many of cards with punctuation errors.
When I compiled the current torrent I eyeballed every single card to ensure matches. If this release doesn't match my release then it should be corrected.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby mqj » 28 Oct 2015, 19:56

Huggybaby 28 Oct 2015, 13:46 wrote:When I came up with the current naming convention there were no underscore cards. Which ones are you talking about?
There is at least one card that has underscores in its name. It is the "Un" card that can change its name to what ever name you want.

UNH/_____.xlhq.jpg
mqj

Postby MTGCardslist » 28 Oct 2015, 21:01

That's the name of the card...

When talking about underscore in naming convention, it means replacing the spaces with an underscore
MTGCardslist

Postby kudit » 29 Oct 2015, 00:12

mqj nailed it. The Unhinged card uses underscores as the "name". When scripting things, it's much easier to use hard and fast rules and look for certain character combinations to replace when attempting to look up a card in a database. For example, any time I look for an underscore, I have to determine if it is a separator or the unhinged card. If the separator was "- -" as I proposed, I can simply replace "- -" with " // " to match the Oracle name and identify the card.

My goal is to make it easy to script actions and processing and conversions for the various apps without putting any undue burden on the people processing images.
Please give feedback on our card database at http://www.deckmaster.info
Send comments via PM here or info@deckmaster.info
kudit

Postby Wurm » 29 Oct 2015, 05:33

Huggybaby wrote:Yep, it's the wave of the future! :)
I should had mentioned it in my post :P

kudit wrote:As far as apostrophes, I would prefer leaving them in. If we are going with printed card names for easier naming for the scanning team (which makes sense), the minimum number of exceptions would be best. Personally, I would prefer to leave in the accented characters as it's easier to script them out then to script them in but non-Apple users may have a difficult time typing them so this needs to be easy for the scanning team.
Many of the accented cards' names displayed "weird" characters in my Japanese system (I changed those back to normal letters). Maybe they had been named in ANSI? If I open a txt file with accented characters saved as ANSI, they all show as kanjis instead. Everything must be set in Unicode to display properly. Windows file names are all in Unicode I think, since XP. No idea why they displayed wrong. I do know the Notepad case though, saving as "ANSI" actually saves to the default codepage used by the system language. Maybe it was something similar with the file names?

Huggybaby wrote:
skibulk wrote:I didn't realize there were so many of cards with punctuation errors.
When I compiled the current torrent I eyeballed every single card to ensure matches. If this release doesn't match my release then it should be corrected.
The cards with actual errors are the ones posted in the previous page. Now if we want to match exactly the printed card we have to do some more extensive renaming. It seems files were mostly named as its intended card name, not the actual print (cards missing apostrophes have it present). The cards were already like this when I grabbed them from the original torrent posted in the first page.

The only thing I changed was the "rathi Berserker", as it should had been "Aerathi". There's a missing space for the AE and the flavor text even says Aerathi. Interestingly enough, there are other cards that are actually called "Rathi" :P

I can change that back, remove all the apostrophes posted above and correct the errors posted in the previous page. But let's find any other errors first and discrepancies between printed card -> file name if we take that way. I already saved those two lists. Is there any more? At least there are no more changes to the files itselves, the scans are all good now.
Wurm

Postby skibulk » 29 Oct 2015, 11:45

As with the apostrophes, the AE symbol was not included in the original Goudy Medieval font. So it would have been replaced with a space, just like the apostrophes were (The character is there, but it could not be printed). Accented characters in the first 6 sets were translated to ASCII. Dashes were from another, bolder font.
tracker.php?p=3&t=374
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Dofusmancer » 31 Oct 2015, 00:15

I'm new here, please could you give me the most recent link to HQ pictures updated? I just installed MTG FORGE and got all LQ pictures. After I get the HQ pictures will I have to erase all the LQ pictures and copy/paste the HQ pictures to the same file folder? (Sorry if any bad english)
Dofusmancer

Postby Huggybaby » 31 Oct 2015, 00:18

Please ask in the Forge forum then come back here if necessary. This topic does not support individual applications.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby charlequin » 31 Oct 2015, 08:12

Battle for Zendikar is now available in the More Releases folder.

charlequin
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures