It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:07

Text Size

Forge Development Documents links

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge Development Documents links

Postby tjtillman » 22 Jan 2016, 08:18

The links on the Forge mainpage (http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge) don't seem to work.

I'd like to start seeing if I can get involved in developing (and specifically read the Javadocs API), but would anyone have the correct links to these documents?
tjtillman

Re: Forge Development Documents links

Postby friarsol » 23 Jan 2016, 14:45

I'm not really in charge of deployment, but I took a look and it seems that the new deployment site doesn't have these links either. Not sure when they stopped being propagated up (since it's not something I ever really look at), and what the reason would be. Maybe Krazy knows? I know he's been super busy with real life lately, but maybe he'll have sometime this weekend to checkin.

As far as Forge Development, usually we request interested developers on posting a topic with a patch with their changes and what it's achieving and afterwards we grant svn access. Sometimes if it's a mostly trivial change, we don't grant svn access after just one patch. We're usually pretty easy going about the whole thing since it's always good to have extra hands on board.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Forge Development Documents links

Postby KrazyTheFox » 28 Jan 2016, 03:10

We haven't generated any of the web components in a long time. They were bogging down the build to the point where it'd take upwards of 40 minutes to perform a release. I didn't know enough at the time to properly fix this, but perhaps I could look into building the site components again. Rewriting the Maven projects entirely has been a long-time goal of mine anyway.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner