It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:31

Text Size

AI Good Plays

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

AI Good Plays

Postby ShawnieBoy » 01 Feb 2016, 16:09

Most of the topics on here regarding the AI generally involve bugs or strange behaviour, so I thought I'd start a thread for those times the AI made a great play or did something surprising in a good way!

Just today while testing some cards:

I had noticed that the AI was choosing not to play any creatures while I had an Illusory Gains in play taking a flier. When it then cast Clone and declined to copy anything!

Clone came in play, triggered Illusory Gains to attach to it (it isn't optional), which then went to the graveyard, neatly removing a threat without enchantment removal and getting it's creature back to boot. :D
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Re: AI Good Plays

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Feb 2016, 04:48

This is an example why I hate when AI is pre-set to do something like if it was set to always copy a creature AI will have never made this great play.It may sometime use it to not copy something and be a bad play but that is something that can be tolerated unless AI does the bad move repeatedly.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: AI Good Plays

Postby ShawnieBoy » 11 Feb 2016, 16:15

Another one, testing Mortuary

Mirror match with decks containing the Bogbrew Witch set (Bubbling Cauldron, Festering Newt) with Gravebane Zombie and Liability for painful fun.

I had finally managed to find my Witch to pair with a lone Cauldron, with the AI with a full set plus a Gravebane Zombie to match my own.

I knew the AI could kill my Bogbrew Witch at any time by sacrificing it's Festering Newt to the Bubbling Cauldron, and had my fingers crossed that it would at least let it get to my turn, which it did.

So I eagerly used it on my turn, which then caused the AI to jump into action and do the above to destroy it. However I forgot that I had a Mortuary in play so with the Witch's activation on the stack, she dies and goes to the top of my library, so I end up shuffling her into my deck while searching. #-o
Good way of getting around Mortuary! =D>
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Return to Magarena