It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:02

Text Size

Online Source For XMage Decks?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Online Source For XMage Decks?

Postby Mulsiphix » 27 Mar 2016, 19:20

Since XMage uses a more specific format for its decks than any other deck editor I can find, I'm curious if there are any XMage deck file resources online that I should be mining? I am particularly interested in any Preconstructed products like Theme Decks, Clash Packs, Event Decks, Duel Decks, etc....

A Standard Deck Entry
1 Rhox

A XMage Deck Entry
1 [8ED:277] Rhox
Last edited by Mulsiphix on 29 Mar 2016, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
Mulsiphix

Re: Online Source For XMage Decks?

Postby Doctor Weird » 27 Mar 2016, 22:19

You can use pretty much any deck file format with XMage, by using the "Import" button on the deck editor. Take the .dec or even txt files as an example, with the format:

4 Counterspell
56 Island
SB: 4 Force of Will

If you load any such file through the Import button (instead of the normal "Load" one) XMage will still use it just fine and you are then able to save it as a .dck file for use in XMage. Which means you can take lists from most common online sources of decks, such as Tapped Out, or whatever else you prefer.
Doctor Weird

Postby escplan9 » 28 Mar 2016, 02:41

What I typically do is download an example file from MTGgoldish, bring it into Cockatrice (Load deck from clipboard), then make the changes there. Then in Cockatrice I do Save Deck to Clipboard and create a text file with

[cards]
SIDEBOARD
[cards]

Then import that text file in XMage. I'm sure there are easier ways, but this is the way I got used to.
escplan9

Postby fireshoes » 28 Mar 2016, 12:53

Fir mtggoldfish, click download (and at least on firefox) when it asks where to download or open, choose open with notepad. Type sideboard: above the sideboard and then save it. Then you can click import in the xmage deck editor and it will load fine.

For duel decks, etc, a lot of them are already created (though maybe missing a few cards if unimplemented) in the xmage sample decks which are included in I think the mageclient folder.

Other sites like channelfireball and starcitygames have a little gold O you can click to save a decklist as a txt file ti then import.
fireshoes

Postby Mulsiphix » 29 Mar 2016, 03:18

I was just hoping that someone out there had already done all the hard work for me #-o. When I load a theme deck up from 8th Edition I'd like to use the 8th Edition cards. I'm assuming that when XMage reads "Island" in a deck it just picks one at random. Given that art might be different or of lower quality (earlier editions), it bums me out. I know I'm just being picky but I like the aesthetic solidarity of using the cards from the actual product I'm playing with. But building each deck card by card when I'm trying to recreate hundreds of decks is a bit much, at least for my existing pool of free time :oops:.

What I need to be able to do is tell a program to only build decks form a certain card pool (like 8th Edition) so that it chooses the correct cards. A normal XMage deck entry looks like this "1 [8ED:277] Rhox". It would be awesome if I could just drop the card number and tell it to use the Rhox from 8ED, but the program doesn't work that way. I was hoping something else out there did OR that something else created decks like XMage does and there might be a fat repository I could mine.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I wasn't aware of a couple of these sources for decks. Thank you very much :wink:.
Mulsiphix

Postby CurdSteak » 01 Jul 2021, 03:38

No, I need help, I can't find any of these features?
CurdSteak

Return to XMage