It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:32

Text Size

2 questions

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

2 questions

Postby Splinterverse » 05 Sep 2016, 13:43

1. How do you open WAD files? I want to take a look at the XML in a few of the decks.
2. Is there a spot to mention missing cards from the deck builder? I've found a couple. One I totally understood because it involved the "Name a card" ability. The other was Rending Vines (http://magiccards.info/query?q=Rending+ ... rd&s=cname).
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Re: 2 questions

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Sep 2016, 14:06

Splinterverse wrote:1. How do you open WAD files? I want to take a look at the XML in a few of the decks.
2. Is there a spot to mention missing cards from the deck builder? I've found a couple. One I totally understood because it involved the "Name a card" ability. The other was Rending Vines (http://magiccards.info/query?q=Rending+ ... rd&s=cname).
1: You open WAD files using Gibbed Tools. You can get Gibbed Tools from the CW's Public Tools folder.

Note that in the folder there's a subfolder and a zip file, and they're both Named of Gibbed Tools. They're identical, and they're only both available for user convenience. Pick one and download it. Inside, you'll find two methods of opening WAD files. Both should work fine. The first way is Gibbed.Duels.Unpack.exe. The second is Universal Gibbed Converter.exe. Dropping a WAD file onto either will unpack it into a folder structure. For unpacking WADs, there's no substantial difference between the two. The differences are that if you drop an unpacked folder onto the universal converter, it will repack the folder and automatically remove "_unpacked" from the folder's name. Also, if you drop image files onto it (TDX, PNG, or JPG), then it will convert them their corresponding format (JPG and PNG -> TDX, TDX -> PNG). But for unpacking WADs, they're basically identical.

2: migookman actually already made what I believe is an exhaustive list of all missing cards. However, that doesn't necessarily mean those cards are all being considered for coding. To answer the slightly more specific question of where to request cards, you can do so in either the CW's thread or in the Formal Request Thread. Both are on the first page of threads in the 2014 section of the forums.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 05 Sep 2016, 18:48

Awesome. Thanks for the reply!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Sep 2016, 09:38

Rending Vines is done. It'll be available in the next version (they repack daily). It has not been tested. So if you use it and it's messed up, be sure to report the issue (either in the CW thread or via the link in my signature).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 08 Sep 2016, 11:14

Xander9009 wrote:Rending Vines is done. It'll be available in the next version (they repack daily). It has not been tested. So if you use it and it's messed up, be sure to report the issue (either in the CW thread or via the link in my signature).
Oh wow!! Thank you!!! I will let you know if I see any issues.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Return to 2014