It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:08

Text Size

Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Postby RumbleBBU » 01 Nov 2016, 18:43

Fizanko wrote:In the difficulty preferences i see Color Bias being at 6, i changed it to 90 (as i assume it's a percentage) and generated a quest with the white/red/colorless colors setting and this time it worked, the starting pool is majorly biaised toward the colors i setup.
I think I know what happened...

The first implementation of the bias code used a straight int from 1 to 11, IIRC. Again, at some stage somebody converted it into a percentage. I'm guessing that you have updated an older version of Forge, and your old settings were carried over - including the int value 6 which used to be the default value when the scale ran from 1 to 11.
RumbleBBU

Postby Fizanko » 01 Nov 2016, 18:55

That's probably it , as i transfer my data from old Forge to new Forge since a long time.
Will have to reset the preferences to see if there's not another old setting floating around my files and that could break something else.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby friarsol » 01 Nov 2016, 19:29

Seravy wrote:...lol ok nevermind, the AI is playing 4 copies of moxes too! I still want to define a world where vintage deckbuilding rules apply though, even if it's not the main world and I have to fill it with AIs myself.
What deck is that? The AI decks in the Main World follow Vintage rules (at least at the time they were built, it's possible there have been restrictions that haven't been updated properly).
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 01 Nov 2016, 19:35

friarsol wrote:
Seravy wrote:...lol ok nevermind, the AI is playing 4 copies of moxes too! I still want to define a world where vintage deckbuilding rules apply though, even if it's not the main world and I have to fill it with AIs myself.
What deck is that? The AI decks in the Main World follow Vintage rules (at least at the time they were built, it's possible there have been restrictions that haven't been updated properly).
I actually entered the "beta" world, one of the very hard challenge decks there did it. Good to hear the main world obeys normal rules, though it wouldn't hurt if those rules applied to the player as well....or do they? Maybe I got away playing 4 black lotus because I was in the beta world?
...checks...nope, I can play it in the main world too.
Seravy

Postby friarsol » 01 Nov 2016, 20:48

Seravy wrote:Good to hear the main world obeys normal rules, though it wouldn't hurt if those rules applied to the player as well....or do they? Maybe I got away playing 4 black lotus because I was in the beta world?
...checks...nope, I can play it in the main world too.
Maybe in a Standard quest, I think being able to play with whatever cards you accrue is fine in Fantasy. If you'd prefer to impose rules on yourself, feel free. I think everyone plays with specific rules they setup for themselves. I'll keep in mind some of these restrictions for reverse bonuses. Like playing with a Standard deck gives you bonus gold, playing a Modern deck gives you less bonus gold.. And the same for deck size.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 01 Nov 2016, 23:03

friarsol wrote:I'll keep in mind some of these restrictions for reverse bonuses. Like playing with a Standard deck gives you bonus gold, playing a Modern deck gives you less bonus gold.. And the same for deck size.
That's a very good idea. I think it can go a bit further than that.
For example :
-option to only award packs for wins in duels if the deck is legal in the format of the player's choice (only in duels, challenges should be unaffected)
-additional gold if the deck is legal in the world's definition of sets
-doubled gold reward if you deck is 60 cards instead of 40.
-doubled gold reward if you play a best of 3 match, tripled if you play best of 5. Challenges should also unlock based on game wins, not match wins, otherwise playing for 1 win is way better to unlock anything.

As is the system encourages playing a 40 card illegal deck to 1 win for making money/finding cards. (correct me if I'm wrong but the main purpose of quest mode is having limited money to get cards from, if I want to play using anything, I see "constructed" in the menu, I admit I haven't tried it yet, but assume I can.)

One more thing, I think pets and plants and health points are very underpriced for the huge benefit they provide, and I see no option to change costs on those. I assume it's because they are new?
Seravy

Postby vinnie » 02 Nov 2016, 17:16

Anyone might re-think to my request in this topic?

These days I started a quest but having to modify the number of wins to hand to get easy/medium/hard/expert AI is really uncomfortable.
vinnie

Postby Seravy » 02 Nov 2016, 17:30

vinnie wrote:Anyone might re-think to my request in this topic?

These days I started a quest but having to modify the number of wins to hand to get easy/medium/hard/expert AI is really uncomfortable.
I request this, too. I see no reason why lower difficulty opponents should disappear permanently, especially considering those make up at least a half of the possible opponents. Sometimes you want to play weaker decks for fun, it should be possible to select opponents for that purpose.

Best would be if you could select from 1-2 opponent(s) from each difficulty at any time - but the "random" button gives you an opponent of your currently unlocked difficulty like now.
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 02 Nov 2016, 18:19

A question. I tried to define a Challenge and I have no idea how to put an enchantment (Pacifism specifically) into play attached to a creature. I want a specific creature in play for its ability but if it could attack that would break the challenge, as it's a 6/6 creature...
If I just write pacifism in the list of cards normally it starts in play but goes to the graveyard immediately because it is not enchanting anything.
Seravy

Postby vinnie » 02 Nov 2016, 19:07

Seravy wrote:A question. I tried to define a Challenge and I have no idea how to put an enchantment (Pacifism specifically) into play attached to a creature. I want a specific creature in play for its ability but if it could attack that would break the challenge, as it's a 6/6 creature...
If I just write pacifism in the list of cards normally it starts in play but goes to the graveyard immediately because it is not enchanting anything.
you must have the creature into play before you target it with an enchantment

Best would be if you could select from 1-2 opponent(s) from each difficulty at any time - but the "random" button gives you an opponent of your currently unlocked difficulty like now.
I think that's a great idea although I would be fine with any decent solution
vinnie

Postby Seravy » 02 Nov 2016, 21:31

vinnie wrote:you must have the creature into play before you target it with an enchantment
Yea I know that but how do I define the order of cards and the target in the challenge's .DCK file?

Clearly doesn't work and I see no information regarding this in the opening posts, only about tokens.
Seravy

Postby RumbleBBU » 03 Nov 2016, 08:06

Seravy wrote:A question. I tried to define a Challenge and I have no idea how to put an enchantment (Pacifism specifically) into play attached to a creature. I want a specific creature in play for its ability but if it could attack that would break the challenge, as it's a 6/6 creature...
Unfortunately this is not supported, at least not currently. The 'Extras' cannot interact with the battlefield or the game directly when they enter the battlefield, which means targeted spells and auras cannot be used as 'Extras'.

Also, any {X} casting costs will probably be {0} for 'Extras' (but I haven't checked this bit).
RumbleBBU

Postby Seravy » 03 Nov 2016, 10:21

RumbleBBU wrote:
Unfortunately this is not supported, at least not currently. The 'Extras' cannot interact with the battlefield or the game directly when they enter the battlefield, which means targeted spells and auras cannot be used as 'Extras'.

Also, any {X} casting costs will probably be {0} for 'Extras' (but I haven't checked this bit).
I guess I have to wait with adding this challenge until it is supported then.

Also, a feature request :
I noticed you can put cards on a list of favorites in the normal deck editor. Can we get that for the quest deck editor and spell shop? It would help a lot in selling the cards, I could mark stuff I want to keep as a favorite (for now I put those into an unused deck and sell cards in 0 decks as a workaround)

...and a question. I noticed the prices in the shop seem to randomly change. Like, I was 50 credits short of buying a card, closed the game, restarted, and now the price was low enough to buy the card. There was also a time when I noticed one of my cards was selling for almost twice the normal value. (or the other card next to it for half, not sure which but they used to have like a 70% price difference and at one time they sold for nearly the same amount instead)
Is this a feature or a bug? If the former, how do I turn it off?
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 14 Nov 2016, 16:12

I didn't find any information about it, so can someone explain what the various quest options actually do?

Particularly :
-Maximum packs - this seems to be this many packs for each color individually, BUT this many total for specific expansions. Is there a way to change that? As is, color boosters are a whole lot more abundant than packs of specific sets. Which should be the opposite, there are only 5 colors but many many sets.
-Minimum packs - no idea what this does? I bought all 7 packs of one type and after a single game there were 7 again but this is set to 3.
-Wins for pack - same deal, set to 10 but packs went up to 7 in one win.
-Common/Uncommon/Rare singles : set to 7/3/1 but there are way more of each in the shop at any given time.
-Item level restriction : I guess this is the level needed for buying pets and the like maybe? If yes, is it the number of levels you need to unlock 1 level on items or, the number of item levels unlocked for each one of your levels? What qualifies as an item anyway? Are pets included? Or only stuff like the shop discount?
-Wins per draft rotation : Again no idea what this does. Tried changing it to 5 but the draft available did not change after playing 5 matches.
-Wins for new draft : Set to 10 but if I play 10 games with one draft already available, I do not get a second one, it replaces the first. If I don't have one, I gain a new one though. I remember having multiple drafts when I didn't play one for a long time in another game so I have no idea how that happens but it's possible.
-No option for number of booster boxes and starter decks in shop? Or does that depend on booster settings too?
Seravy

Postby vinnie » 14 Nov 2016, 17:47

-Wins for pack - i don't know but I think the number of packets can change between the maxiumum and the minimum with the addition of these pack every X wins
-Common/Uncommon/Rare singles : this is the number of this type of card in a shop, I keep them all in 1 and i have always 3 single card in a shop
vinnie

PreviousNext

Return to Forge