It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:17

Text Size

I've encountered a problem with build and running

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

I've encountered a problem with build and running

Postby MTGfan » 31 Oct 2016, 05:46

A few days ago or so I successfully cloned built and ran to test a card no yet added. From within netbeans I right clicked on mage root and selected build with dependencies. Which resulted in it stopping at mage tests. From info I gathered on the forum here that was ok. Attempting to run mage server resulted in an error (Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default-cli) on project mage-server). To which the solution I gathered from the forum was to use mvn clean install -DskipTests. Which resulted in 100% complete success build including mage tests and the 3 items after it. And I was then able to successfully run mage server and respectively mage client after it.

Unfortunately a change that was merged (github . com/magefree/mage/commit/db4644cbc12db0645be6238de4947acd3643f605) is now preventing me from being able to use mvn clean install -DskipTests so that it has 100% complete successful build so that I can run mage server and client. The error I get from mvn clean install -DskipTests is:

Code: Select all
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project mage-sets: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /C:/NetBeans/MyRepo/mage/Mage.Sets/src/mage/cards/v/VengefulArchon.java:[84,55] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class ManacostVariableValue
[ERROR] location: class mage.cards.v.VengefulArchonEffect
Is there something I need to do on my PC to fix this problem or was that change that was merged causing this problem for everyone?
MTGfan

Re: I've encountered a problem with build and running

Postby MTGfan » 01 Nov 2016, 01:44

Whatever the cause of this was it is no longer a problem as of me posting this reply. I retrieved all the changes made since creating the thread to now and everything is working as normal again.
MTGfan

Postby escplan9 » 01 Nov 2016, 02:24

Good to hear! Yeah that 'mvn clean install -DskipTests' command is a godsend for all sorts of weird build issues.
escplan9

Postby MTGfan » 02 Nov 2016, 01:28

escplan9 wrote:Good to hear! Yeah that 'mvn clean install -DskipTests' command is a godsend for all sorts of weird build issues.
Which is why when even it failed to work I was like woh something might be unknown and posted about it. Probably some sort of software issue and not exactly xmage code related. Possibly a bad transfer of a file or something.
MTGfan

Return to Developers Talk